PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Flat paint jobs?

alpine_aw11
09-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Well to say the least my Jeep's paint is beyond saving. Covered in scratches from tree branches, being immersed in mud, and who knows what else. The roof is also badly faded. I usually don't like flat paint jobs, but I found a color scheme I really liked. It's Krylon camo flat green, with the lower part of the body done with black Herculiner. I was just wondering if it's really possible to get a clean job done with a spray can. We have a gun, but it's for house paint, and our compressor is only 5 gallons, which I've been told isn't big enough to do a car for some reason. I don't want it to look terrible like pretty much every spray can job I've seen. Is it possible to make it look good with a spray can? If you have pics of a clean flat spray can job please post it up. Thanks for any help.

b18hb
09-07-2008, 05:41 PM
if you take your time and do your sanding between coats, etc, you can get a decent paint job out of a rattle can. you really need to make sure you do what you can to protect it though, it damages pretty easily (from what I've seen, it probably depends on what you use though).

You could paint your car with a 5 gallon compressor, just be prepared to wait on it to catch up a lot and spray small areas at a time. I did mine with a 10 gallon and wished I had a greater capacity, even with my hvlp spray gun.

alpine_aw11
09-07-2008, 05:45 PM
if you take your time and do your sanding between coats, etc, you can get a decent paint job out of a rattle can. you really need to make sure you do what you can to protect it though, it damages pretty easily (from what I've seen, it probably depends on what you use though).

You could paint your car with a 5 gallon compressor, just be prepared to wait on it to catch up a lot and spray small areas at a time. I did mine with a 10 gallon and wished I had a greater capacity, even with my hvlp spray gun.

I'm not really worried about it damaging, I'm not wheeling it anymore as I've just done a whole lot of work reversing all the damages I've done to it lol. Thanks for the help.

Random Hero
09-09-2008, 12:46 PM
You'd have better luck posting this in the 240 section, or on 240Atlanta.com.

Good luck. :lmfao: