PDA

View Full Version : Misc Is Michael Turner is the truth????

tippatone
09-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Michael Turner is better than I thought. If he kept getting the ball he would have broken the single game rushing record. Is he really that good or do the Lions D suck that bad?

OneSlow5pt0
09-07-2008, 02:41 PM
he is pretty good,when ever he would get the ball in SD,he would make good plays,he also was great at NI

gtikid
09-07-2008, 02:45 PM
He's a lot better than your english! :D

I'm sure as hell glad he's on my Fantasy team...dude's a beast! He holds SD's 3 longest rushing records :yes:

tippatone
09-07-2008, 02:51 PM
He's a lot better than your english! :D

I'm sure as hell glad he's on my Fantasy team...dude's a beast! He holds SD's 3 longest rushing records :yes:

Oh,like WTF or LOL are part of the english language,this is the i-net, oh yeah that F in fantasy is suppose to be lower case mr. english teacher:goodjob:

tippatone
09-07-2008, 02:52 PM
I just remembered his nickname "Turner the Burner........

BanginJimmy
09-07-2008, 03:17 PM
I have Turner in both of my fantasy leagues. He did quite well for me.

And to answer your question, yes, Micheal Turner is for real. This guy is a beast that can run over you, around you, and away from you.

tippatone
09-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Turner makes you say "Dunn who???? JK but he runs with speed and power and can dish out some blows

quickdodgeŽ
09-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Michael Turner is better than I thought. If he kept getting the ball he would have broken the single game rushing record. Is he really that good or do the Lions D suck that bad?

He did break the record. And it's too early to tell if he is "the truth." One game doesn't determine shiit. Later, QD.

Infamous_1
09-07-2008, 03:35 PM
michael turner new starter! he is good.

tippatone
09-07-2008, 04:28 PM
He did break the record. And it's too early to tell if he is "the truth." One game doesn't determine shiit. Later, QD.

He got the Falcons record, AP of the Vikings has the single game rushing record for the NFL, and Turner has always produced when LT got hurt, he has finally gotten his shot and he is making the best of it for the time being

alpine_aw11
09-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Turner has always been for real, but when you're in LT's shadow it's hard to really get noticed. He tore it up today, hopefully he can keep it up. I don't think he's going to disappoint as a starter. Now if we can work on that defense...

quickdodgeŽ
09-07-2008, 04:45 PM
He got the Falcons record, AP of the Vikings has the single game rushing record for the NFL, and Turner has always produced when LT got hurt, he has finally gotten his shot and he is making the best of it for the time being

You didn't specify which record and at the time of your post, he hadn't even broken the game record.

Also, don't get me mixed up. I never said he wasn't good. But I find it humorous when people get all giddied up and happy when it could be just false atonement. So the Falcons had a good game today. Every team that runs into a hack season has their good days. I am saying this as a Falcons fan. Have been since 1980. But I am realistic as well. Later, QD.

tippatone
09-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Turner has always been for real, but when you're in LT's shadow it's hard to really get noticed. He tore it up today, hopefully he can keep it up. I don't think he's going to disappoint as a starter. Now if we can work on that defense...

The only thing that can help the Falcons D is experience. The front seven is solid, the secondary is very suspect, trading D Hall will hurt, he was a shut down corner and now the Falcons are missing that.......

alpine_aw11
09-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Exactly. I think they handled Johnson and Williams pretty well considering their size and experience, but our secondary has always needed improvement. Our d-line is one of the best in the league, if we had a secondary to match it we would have a great year. It was awesome to get the win, should be a good confidence boost for the whole team. Ryan is going to be great for us, I think the Falcons are going to get over the Vick situation this year. I wouldn't say we're headed for the playoffs just yet, but today was definitely a promising start.

gtikid
09-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Oh,like WTF or LOL are part of the english language,this is the i-net, oh yeah that F in fantasy is suppose to be lower case mr. english teacher:goodjob:

Check the title of your thread again :goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
09-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Exactly. I think they handled Johnson and Williams pretty well considering their size and experience, but our secondary has always needed improvement. Our d-line is one of the best in the league, if we had a secondary to match it we would have a great year. It was awesome to get the win, should be a good confidence boost for the whole team. Ryan is going to be great for us, I think the Falcons are going to get over the Vick situation this year. I wouldn't say we're headed for the playoffs just yet, but today was definitely a promising start.

It's funny when people talk about a pro or college team and they use "our" and "we" as if they're a part of the team, lolol.

But on to your post.... I disagree with the (one of) the best in the league comment. I barely give them the middle of the league. I agree with the Ryan comments. If he continues to put up numbers, Vick will be forgotten quick. And I applaud that. And the win being a confidence boost? Agreed. But a confidence boost. NOT an ego boost. Everyone is getting all excited over a win today. It's the first game of the year. People need to wait until three/four weeks in the season to see what's going on. Even next week, if they lose, shouldn't be held as a judgement call on them. Later, QD.

alpine_aw11
09-07-2008, 05:09 PM
It's funny when people talk about a pro or college team and they use "our" and "we" as if they're a part of the team, lolol.

But on to your post.... I disagree with the (one of) the best in the league comment. I barely give them the middle of the league. I agree with the Ryan comments. If he continues to put up numbers, Vick will be forgotten quick. And I applaud that. And the win being a confidence boost? Agreed. But a confidence boost. NOT an ego boost. Everyone is getting all excited over a win today. It's the first game of the year. People need to wait until three/four weeks in the season to see what's going on. Even next week, if they lose, shouldn't be held as a judgement call on them. Later, QD.

I know about the "we" thing, I just can't help it lol. I'm a huge Falcons fan. And I do agree about people getting overexcited, but I think the team really needed this win. If the Falcons keep their heads in the right place, this year is going to be a huge improvement over last year. If they let it get to their heads, they could get themselves in a lot of trouble. Hopefully Ryan will continue to improve, he made some bad decisions today that were really close to interceptions, but for a rookie's first game I was very impressed. He's definitely what the Falcons need, a good young quarterback that knows the game and isn't full of himself. Plus he won't be getting locked up for dog fighting. And about the d-line, I think if they stay consistent they can definitely hang with the best. We'll just have to see how the season goes, and pray that Abraham can stay healthy. With the loss of Kerney the Falcons can't afford to have Abraham hurt.

btw: I didn't use "we" or "our" for the first time in my life regarding the Falcons.

tippatone
09-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Check the title of your thread again :goodjob:
Oh sh@t!!!! My bad:D Corrected

quickdodgeŽ
09-07-2008, 05:13 PM
I know about the "we" thing, I just can't help it lol. I'm a huge Falcons fan. And I do agree about people getting overexcited, but I think the team really needed this win. If the Falcons keep their heads in the right place, this year is going to be a huge improvement over last year. If they let it get to their heads, they could get themselves in a lot of trouble. Hopefully Ryan will continue to improve, he made some bad decisions today that were really close to interceptions, but for a rookie's first game I was very impressed. He's definitely what the Falcons need, a good young quarterback that knows the game and isn't full of himself. Plus he won't be getting locked up for dog fighting. And about the d-line, I think if they stay consistent they can definitely hang with the best. We'll just have to see how the season goes, and pray that Abraham can stay healthy. With the loss of Kerney the Falcons can't afford to have Abraham hurt.

I'm with you on this post. I think they played a great game. The offense is in a pretty good place and the defense needs to join them...consistently. After last year, pretty much anything will be an improvement. I like Ryan as well, but as I insist, I want to remain optimistic, but realistic with my first game comment. But my spirit is up right now. I still have my Steve Bartkowski helmet that I got for X-mas back in 1980. Even has the 1980 stamp on the inside.

btw: I didn't use "we" or "our" for the first time in my life regarding the Falcons.

Lolol. I have no idea why, but it's always been one of those petty pet peeves of mine, lolol. No biggie, man. Reps for good posting. Later, QD.

tippatone
09-07-2008, 05:16 PM

If the Falcons can run the ball on a consistant basis they can very easily make the playoffs, the only team they should worry about is the Saints division wise.

alpine_aw11
09-07-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm with you on this post. I think they played a great game. The offense is in a pretty good place and the defense needs to join them...consistently. After last year, pretty much anything will be an improvement. I like Ryan as well, but as I insist, I want to remain optimistic, but realistic with my first game comment. But my spirit is up right now. I still have my Steve Bartkowski helmet that I got for X-mas back in 1980. Even has the 1980 stamp on the inside.

Lolol. I have no idea why, but it's always been one of those petty pet peeves of mine, lolol. No biggie, man. Reps for good posting. Later, QD.

What I like about Ryan is I don't think a good start like this is going to get in his head. He's the kind of guy that will be more critical than anything and use the bad decisions he made today to improve himself. He gives credit where it's due, he was praising the o-line a lot and I like to see a QB do that. Kitna was on the sidelines bitching like a woman after he botched that play where he could've had an easy run-in for a TD, and Ryan isn't that kind of guy. Honestly, I just want us to go .500 this season, that would make me more than happy.

Leisa
09-07-2008, 05:35 PM
The Falcons looked damn good today... Michael Turner broke the "most rushing yards in a game, by the Falcons", this was originally held by Gerald Riggs...
I love watching Matt Ryan play, its easy to say he actually plays for the love of the game :)

tippatone
09-07-2008, 05:40 PM
What I like about Ryan is I don't think a good start like this is going to get in his head. He's the kind of guy that will be more critical than anything and use the bad decisions he made today to improve himself. He gives credit where it's due, he was praising the o-line a lot and I like to see a QB do that. Kitna was on the sidelines bitching like a woman after he botched that play where he could've had an easy run-in for a TD, and Ryan isn't that kind of guy. Honestly, I just want us to go .500 this season, that would make me more than happy.

Jon Kitna is a big time HACK, I can bet that the Lions will bench him by week 8

sshonda2004
09-08-2008, 12:19 AM
i heard that, yeah turner looked good as well as ryan, but we will see when they face more formidable opponents. ryan barely had any pressure on him. and lets be honest people..it was just the detroit lions.

Leisa
09-08-2008, 07:45 AM
i heard that, yeah turner looked good as well as ryan, but we will see when they face more formidable opponents. ryan barely had any pressure on him. and lets be honest people..it was just the detroit lions.

I really dont care what team they played yesterday.. I feel they have alot of potential to do well this year, and if they focus on the game they will prevail.

BanginJimmy
09-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Ryan prived in college he could play under pressure so I'm not all that worried about him. Its the rest of the team that scares me. White looked very good, but will he make the catch with the game on the line? He didnt do it all last year, but hopefully the consistancy of Ryan will help him remain consistant.

Turner isnt going to put up 200 a game, we all know that, but if he can consistantly go for 100 yards a game the Falcons should be looking at an 8-8 season and just missing the wild card.

1000cckiller
09-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Newsflash< They played the damn lions

integra2die4
09-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Brent Grimes, Norwood, and White are the guys to watch for. They all have high potential for break-out years. White was still really young last year and no experience. They have really pushed to make him a leader of the receivers this year. Grimes is 5' 10" and holding his own against 6'3"-6'7"!! Very commendable. Im very excited about this season.

sshonda2004
09-08-2008, 11:24 AM
lol people act like they dont know who came to town
Newsflash< They played the damn lions

sshonda2004
09-08-2008, 11:25 AM
ok so where was grimes when roy caught that touchdown he was suppose to prevent?
Brent Grimes, Norwood, and White are the guys to watch for. They all have high potential for break-out years. White was still really young last year and no experience. They have really pushed to make him a leader of the receivers this year. Grimes is 5' 10" and holding his own against 6'3"-6'7"!! Very commendable. Im very excited about this season.

Brett
09-08-2008, 11:43 AM

No smart one, he means by the title of the thread, you english sucks

AirMax95
09-08-2008, 11:48 AM
He runs very fast.....

Nemesis
09-08-2008, 01:19 PM
There will be Falcons doubters till the end. Even if they win the Super Bowl , people will still say "oh they had a lucky season", or "everyone else was just worse than the falcons this year"

Then there will be people that cheer for their home team through the good seasons and bad.

**** the haters, and the doubters, who gives a **** what some idiot says behind the computer.

alpine_aw11
09-08-2008, 03:19 PM
There will be Falcons doubters till the end. Even if they win the Super Bowl , people will still say "oh they had a lucky season", or "everyone else was just worse than the falcons this year"

Then there will be people that cheer for their home team through the good seasons and bad.

**** the haters, and the doubters, who gives a **** what some idiot says behind the computer.

Epic truth. I don't care who they played, they looked good and they should do nothing but improve if they keep their heads in the right place.

tippatone
09-08-2008, 03:54 PM
No smart one, he means by the title of the thread, you english sucks

You are a day late and 10 bucks short, this was already addressed, your english is worst, Mr.you english sucks, I thought it was YOUR english sucks....... which its does, you proved it on your own simple-minded one:2up:

BB6dohcvtec
09-08-2008, 07:04 PM
I dunno QD I say "we" and "our" when it comes to sports teams, I believe you are part of the team if you actually spend money for that team ie merchandise and actually buying a ticket for the game or even watching the game because it all generates revenue which in turn pays the players salary and helps keep the stadium up to date, but you are esp part of the team if your a long time season ticket holder and most franchises make sure you are top priority when it comes time to buy playoff tickets if your team makes it discounts or first dibs on seats.

quickdodgeŽ
09-08-2008, 07:34 PM
I dunno QD I say "we" and "our" when it comes to sports teams, I believe you are part of the team if you actually spend money for that team ie merchandise and actually buying a ticket for the game or even watching the game because it all generates revenue which in turn pays the players salary and helps keep the stadium up to date, but you are esp part of the team if your a long time season ticket holder and most franchises make sure you are top priority when it comes time to buy playoff tickets if your team makes it discounts or first dibs on seats.

No.

Lolol. My wearing a Dodgers cap and shirt does not make me a part of the team. When I am being paid by the Dodgers, then I am on the team. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
09-08-2008, 07:38 PM

I know I seemed to be one of the "doubters" you speak of, but I'm not a doubter. How can you judge an entire season (especially a rebuild season for the Falcons) on the first game of the year? You can't say because Turner had a great game today that he'll have one everyday. Hail he might not rush for 100+ yards but only two times more this year. Or he may rush for 150+ every game for the year. But my point is that you can't call it right now. Later, QD.

FlipKing
09-08-2008, 07:39 PM
I love sports and I believe if you are a true fan you are apart of the team. Where would any of the sports teams be if there were no fans?