PDA

View Full Version : Thanx to Julio: I went to the Audi driving experience and it was excellent.

EJ25RUN
09-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Didn't take pics. (I never do)

But got to hustle around

1. Audi A4
2. Mercedes C300 4matic
3. BMW 328XI
4. Lexus IS250

Original thread (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189405&highlight=audi+experience)

Anyone else go? If you check the site, i think dates are still open.

Deke
09-07-2008, 03:22 PM
I was all signed up to go yesterday at 8AM. Unfortunately, my alarm for some reason was set in a mode where it only goes off Monday-Friday. It had been a late night before, and so I ended up sleeping until 11, completely missing my time slot. I'm not happy.

I love these kind of events though. I've been to Mazda's a couple of times and made it to a Lexus one as well. Just an excuse to flog their cars and get free food and goodies while you're at it.

EJ25RUN
09-07-2008, 04:10 PM
I was all signed up to go yesterday at 8AM. Unfortunately, my alarm for some reason was set in a mode where it only goes off Monday-Friday. It had been a late night before, and so I ended up sleeping until 11, completely missing my time slot. I'm not happy.

I love these kind of events though. I've been to Mazda's a couple of times and made it to a Lexus one as well. Just an excuse to flog their cars and get free food and goodies while you're at it.

i had a hectic morning as i watched the Belgium GP (:crazy: ) and ran out the house at the checker to be at AMS by 10:30.

alpine_aw11
09-07-2008, 05:12 PM
So what all do they let you do with the cars? I'm guessing a driving instructor rides with you? If they let you go all out on the track I'm definitely going to have to do something like this in the future. Sounds like an awesome experience.

redrumracer
09-07-2008, 05:20 PM
i was signed up to do this at 3 this afternoon but i didnt have enough moneys for the gas ride up there and last the rest the week in gas.

JITB
09-07-2008, 05:42 PM
i missed out as usual...:( i never keep up with these things..

Hulud
09-07-2008, 09:14 PM
So what all do they let you do with the cars? I'm guessing a driving instructor rides with you? If they let you go all out on the track I'm definitely going to have to do something like this in the future. Sounds like an awesome experience.
no you drive with a partner

Hulud
09-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Didn't take pics. (I never do)

But got to hustle around

1. Audi A4
2. Mercedes C300 4matic
3. BMW 328XI
4. Lexus IS250

Original thread (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189405&highlight=audi+experience)

Anyone else go? If you check the site, i think dates are still open.
what time were you there at?

Hulud
09-07-2008, 09:17 PM
ah well nvm looks like i was there while you posted this

EJ25RUN
09-07-2008, 09:18 PM
what time were you there at?

11:00 AM

Hulud
09-07-2008, 09:20 PM
11:00 AM
ah ok i was there for the 1pm.

fun as hell to rag on the A4 on the roadcourse. plus the guy behind me went into the guard rail :lmao:

redrumracer
09-07-2008, 09:26 PM

fun as hell to rag on the A4 on the roadcourse. plus the guy behind me went into the guard rail :lmao:
you know how awesome it would be to put someone ELSE'S car into a guard rail and you dont have to pay them for it.

alpine_aw11
09-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Damn, so you bring a friend to ride along? I gotta do this next time it comes along.

Nismo
09-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Me and my mom and dad went. Me and my dad were the only ones to take out cones of outs 1:30 class. Needless to say we were having a freaking blast, when the cars would start sliding it just ment keep it floored and hold the hell on. I managed to disable the traction control on all the cars I drove too. lol

EJ25RUN
09-07-2008, 09:36 PM

:eek: that has to be some terrible driving. Which car was it and how bad?

Hulud
09-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Me and my mom and dad went. Me and my dad were the only ones to take out cones of outs 1:30 class. Needless to say we were having a freaking blast, when the cars would start sliding it just ment keep it floored and hold the hell on. I managed to disable the traction control on all the cars I drove too. lol
lol so you two were the bad drivers on the autox? :lmao:

alpine_aw11
09-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Did you guys do the free session?

Got Milk?
09-07-2008, 09:38 PM
....ok

Hulud
09-07-2008, 09:40 PM
:eek: that has to be some terrible driving. Which car was it and how bad?
lol it was the long swooping left and he was obviously goin to fast.

i look back and see them in the grass and saw dirt. so i say to shagwag3n "oh sh*t jay went into the grass" he says "no way!" and turns around

then we hear the dialogue on the radio LOL

"hello?"
"hello?"
"yes?"
"uh the driver of my car just went into the grass"
"ok well dont do it again next time"

:lmao:

well it was the A4 since thats all you could drive today on the road course, ill have shagwag3n post the pics lol

Hulud
09-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Did you guys do the free session?
yes the one you pay like $500 for is tomorrow and tues i believe

Hulud
09-07-2008, 09:43 PM
ok here it is :cheers:

EJ25RUN
09-07-2008, 09:46 PM
i was in a pretty lucky group as we were the first ones to roll on the track. Therefore from the get go we set a very fast pace and had atleast 3 laps at the limit of the cars. And what was that comfort/dynamic nonsense. I guess they thought old people drive Audi's too. I don't think one person there actually used the comfort mode...ever.

Nismo
09-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah me an my dad were having a blast ****ing around on the auto-x cross. Its not my car, so I tried to spin that ***** out. Had a smile from ear to ear doing it.

EJ25RUN
09-07-2008, 09:48 PM
ok here it is :cheers:

did they kick him out?

Hulud
09-07-2008, 09:52 PM
did they kick him out?
no nothing happened. they know stuff like that is gonna happen. they just took him and the passenger to the medical people to check them out to save audis ass

Hulud
09-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Yeah me an my dad were having a blast ****ing around on the auto-x cross. Its not my car, so I tried to spin that ***** out. Had a smile from ear to ear doing it.
what group were you guys in for the road course?

also what cars did you drive first on the autox

EJ25RUN
09-07-2008, 09:55 PM
no nothing happened. they know stuff like that is gonna happen. they just took him and the passenger to the medical people to check them out to save audis ass

I remember that Nopi years back when they let you drive the cobalt ss and people were getting kicked out left and right.

But then again it was nopi so idiots awere to be expected.

Hulud
09-07-2008, 09:59 PM
I remember that Nopi years back when they let you drive the cobalt ss and people were getting kicked out left and right.

But then again it was nopi so idiots awere to be expected.
lol true. i mean if he was acting like an idiot then yea he would have been kicked out but he just made an error of judgement and took the turn too fast lol it was funny as sh*t to see in my rearview

Nismo
09-07-2008, 10:09 PM
what group were you guys in for the road course?

also what cars did you drive first on the autox

1:30, 1st group for the road course. I got stuck in the last car though and kept catching the cars in front of me. First car I drove on the auto x was the BMW, then Audi, Mercedes, Lexus. The IS250 was the car we kept taking cones over in. Fun times with no consequences.

Hulud
09-07-2008, 10:13 PM
1:30, 1st group for the road course. I got stuck in the last car though and kept catching the cars in front of me. First car I drove on the auto x was the BMW, then Audi, Mercedes, Lexus. The IS250 was the car we kept taking cones over in. Fun times with no consequences.
ah ok we drove Lexus, BMW, Audi, Mercedes

and on the road course i think we were the 1 group in the first group.

ShooterMcGavin
09-07-2008, 10:17 PM
was a good time for sure, and the jay-turn accident was epic :lmao:

btw if you went at 11 then you likely were with a bunch of folks from audiworld forums.

Red
09-08-2008, 12:47 AM
Damn it I was suppose to go today but I had other stuff to do.

Mike Lowrey
09-08-2008, 07:12 AM
My wife and I were in the 8am group. Was much fun.

EJ25RUN
09-08-2008, 07:20 AM
My wife and I were in the 8am group. Was much fun.

im pretty sure i saw you. I was pulling in as you were leaving. I was in the white STI. Maybe you don't remember.

Mike Lowrey
09-08-2008, 09:18 AM
im pretty sure i saw you. I was pulling in as you were leaving. I was in the white STI. Maybe you don't remember.

Yeah, I think I remember.

Hulud
09-08-2008, 11:52 AM
man that sh*t was so fun yesterday and F*CKING EPIC!

Julio
09-08-2008, 12:31 PM
I missed it.. Due to a late idea of driving to NYC...

But glad some of you peeps had fun.

Stormhammer
09-08-2008, 01:06 PM
I went on the last session with my friend yesterday. FREAKING LOVED IT!

I want the new A4 now though. Very well balanced for a car. The IS250 had HORRIBLE HORRIBLE understeer ( lawls my friend plowed through the cones in the first turn - he's not a car guy so it was a first for him ) but it had paddle shifters... and I managed to get the IS250 sideways in the 2nd to last turn ( the big broad one ) burning all 4 tires.

Yeah I got a talking after that one :lmao:

Although then we ran the road course, my friend driving first and a great pace! we switch and the car in front of me kept hitting the damn brakes on the straightaways! I came close to rear ending the guy once, and another time I was catching up so fast ( he was accelerating as well ) that I was in the "left lane" about to pass, till I realized we weren't allowed to pass :(

And the Audi A8 has a bumping system :D

Nismo
09-08-2008, 02:53 PM
I went on the last session with my friend yesterday. FREAKING LOVED IT!

I want the new A4 now though. Very well balanced for a car. The IS250 had HORRIBLE HORRIBLE understeer ( lawls my friend plowed through the cones in the first turn - he's not a car guy so it was a first for him ) but it had paddle shifters... and I managed to get the IS250 sideways in the 2nd to last turn ( the big broad one ) burning all 4 tires.

Yeah I got a talking after that one :lmao:

Although then we ran the road course, my friend driving first and a great pace! we switch and the car in front of me kept hitting the damn brakes on the straightaways! I came close to rear ending the guy once, and another time I was catching up so fast ( he was accelerating as well ) that I was in the "left lane" about to pass, till I realized we weren't allowed to pass :(

And the Audi A8 has a bumping system :D

Yeah that is250 does understeer like a *****. When it would let go it would start beeping. All that did was make me want to keep it beeping for longer!

Tiff-O-Bitties
09-08-2008, 03:07 PM
I have been before.. pretty fun.

DieselNuts
09-08-2008, 03:13 PM
I was there. My group went at 8am. It was a badass event for it to be free. I drove the piss out of the A4 & A5. I was talking to the mechanic that works on all the cars for the event and he was saying that they average about 200 miles out of a set of tires on those cars lolol

ISAtlanta300
09-08-2008, 05:17 PM

Actually, according to one of the reps, they did 'ask them to leave'... at least the driver.... don't know if they definitely did it though, but this is what i was told...

He was actually lucky, cause apparently he turned the car off so they could not see if he had the traction/safety etc disabled. But they did notice him 'hanging back' in order to get through the curves with more speed....

If they could have proved he did it out of negligence they could have made him pay for the damages....

It was kinda funny though. I was on the auto-cross part ready to go and suddenly hear a 'CLUNK' way behind... looked in the mirror and saw dust flying......

ISAtlanta300
09-08-2008, 05:24 PM
All in all, i had a fun time as well. I was signed up for the 11AM , but arrived late... so they bumped me to the 1:30PM one.

I actually thought the IS250 was a bit more 'stiff' than the rest of the lineup, (except the A4), and was surprised on how good it took the turns... given, I started out in the mercedes and worked my way up. The benz totally blows.. too soft, lots of body roll, hesitant acceleration. And I thought the BMW felt 'slippery' but it is probably because the tires were abused by then.. :)

But the A4 felt quite amazing out of the bunch. And the A8... wow.... I felt like the Transporter... LOL

Leadfoot_mf
09-08-2008, 10:02 PM
okay a heads up. if you dont know where the traction control button is on one of the cars look for black tape covering the button.

i went to a gm driving event with a non car friend we were in a gto at tuners field. in the middle of the hairpen turn i turned off TC on the gto and he looped it. lol the cone nazis gave him a black X on his wrist.

ShooterMcGavin
09-09-2008, 07:38 AM
they didn't cover anything, my friend turned off the TC on the cone course.