PDA

View Full Version : Because this ain't no submarine.

Catnip
09-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Just did a little bit of glassing, nothing too special. Plan on getting carbon fiber to lay over the hole thing after it's smoothed down.

What it looks like orignally...
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/84_318i/DSC00152.jpg

What I did tonight...
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/84_318i/DSC00151.jpg

bah, not too happy with it, but after some work, should look nice.

Big_Dave
09-07-2008, 12:44 AM
Yeah, this is what I'm talkin' about; A little work on the Old Skool project! A carbon overlay for that top will be th' fuggan sweet.

jew_boy
09-07-2008, 12:47 AM
what is that

DUBSf22c
09-07-2008, 02:52 AM
yeh what is this

DeeAOne
09-07-2008, 02:57 AM
why didnt you call me bish. i would have stopped by.

Catnip
09-07-2008, 03:14 AM
Mike, come on bish, that's the hardtop for my roadster you picked up. I was fiberglassing over the port-holes on the sides.

Louis, it was a spur of the moment kinda deal, lol... but next time I'll call you up :goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
09-07-2008, 07:05 AM
That's a terrible thing to do to that car. Later, QD.

WalkS
09-07-2008, 08:11 AM
I wouldn't cover up the holes on the roof, IMO. If I had that car I would keep it original as possible, not hack it up thinking it would look good.
But it your car...

quickdodgeŽ
09-07-2008, 09:36 AM
^^^ Exactly my mentality. Later, QD.

AnthonyF
09-07-2008, 09:51 AM
What kind of car is it?

-Ant.

Catnip
09-07-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm "hacking" up a cheap-ass hardtop, not the car. I still have my soft-top in original condition. The car itself is also in original conidition, except the front springs, but omg, I have another set.

Ant, it's a '69 Datsun Roadster.

Athens_Red_Rexin
09-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Cool project man! And it will look better with those holes covered up to me. Reps!!!

Catnip
09-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Cool project man! And it will look better with those holes covered up to me. Reps!!!

thanks bro! if that's your rex in the sig, looks fresh.:goodjob:

FasTech
09-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Needs Day pic's! Maybe one day I'll make my way out your way and check it out

Thighs
09-07-2008, 02:40 PM
i would keep the port-holes, but thats just my .02.

but the CF is a good idea. it would look sickkkkkk slammed on some equip 03s or some other ballin old school wheel.

Athens_Red_Rexin
09-07-2008, 02:59 PM
thanks bro! if that's your rex in the sig, looks fresh.:goodjob:

Yeah it is and thanks!

Catnip
09-07-2008, 03:00 PM
but the CF is a good idea. it would look sickkkkkk slammed on some equip 03s or some other ballin old school wheel.

Are you some kinda of psychic? lol. Pretty sure I spelled that wrong, but I'm either doing work equips or watanabe RS for wheels... and it is slammed in the front. :ninja:

Thighs
09-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Are you some kinda of psychic? lol. Pretty sure I spelled that wrong, but I'm either doing work equips or watanabe RS for wheels... and it is slammed in the front. :ninja:

i guess so haha. painting it white? with black wheels? that would look sick with the carbon top and stuff. :goodjob:

Catnip
09-07-2008, 03:16 PM
i guess so haha. painting it white? with black wheels? that would look sick with the carbon top and stuff. :goodjob:

I'm probably going to do the original color, which was called 665 yellow, but it's more like off white. We'll see. As far as wheel color goes, noooo idea. Might be go crazy with the color. I'll probably be rocking primer for a bit though.

alpine_aw11
09-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Nice project man. Go with the carbon top and paint it white. Seriously, do it. Seriously.

quickdodgeŽ
09-07-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm "hacking" up a cheap-ass hardtop, not the car. I still have my soft-top in original condition. The car itself is also in original conidition, except the front springs, but omg, I have another set.

Ant, it's a '69 Datsun Roadster.

The hard top is the cool thing about the car. Soft top sucks, lolol. That hard top is it's personality, I think. I know it's your car and all, but damn, lolol. But as long as you don't do anything to the car itself. Especially carbon fiber (unless you paint it so you can't tell it's CF). But you have to do what you want to do. Just like that full body CF Civic people have posted to me. I hate that car. Later, QD.

jew_boy
09-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Mike, come on bish, that's the hardtop for my roadster you picked up. I was fiberglassing over the port-holes on the sides.

Louis, it was a spur of the moment kinda deal, lol... but next time I'll call you up :goodjob:

no i know it was the hardtop but i was wondering what you did to it it kinda didnt look like fiberglass

Catnip
09-07-2008, 09:52 PM
The hard top is the cool thing about the car. Soft top sucks, lolol. That hard top is it's personality, I think. I know it's your car and all, but damn, lolol. But as long as you don't do anything to the car itself. Especially carbon fiber (unless you paint it so you can't tell it's CF). But you have to do what you want to do. Just like that full body CF Civic people have posted to me. I hate that car. Later, QD.

I totally agree with you, I just have an image in my head; old school car with some modern time flavor, I guess. As far as the carbon hard-top, I'd get it smooth where as there's no texture...

JITB
09-07-2008, 09:55 PM
dont start painting ****!!!!

quickdodgeŽ
09-07-2008, 09:55 PM
I totally agree with you, I just have an image in my head; old school car with some modern time flavor, I guess. As far as the carbon hard-top, I'd get it smooth where as there's no texture...

I forget what they call that (when you restore an old car with modern flavor). Probably because I think it's ugly. But again, and please remember, that's MY opinion. Good luck with the project and keep us updated. Later, QD.

Catnip
09-07-2008, 10:05 PM
I forget what they call that (when you restore an old car with modern flavor). Probably because I think it's ugly. But again, and please remember, that's MY opinion. Good luck with the project and keep us updated. Later, QD.

Resto-mod?
I think.
I don't know, some cars I like resto-mod and some I like all original. I don't think I'll be so far from original on this car that it would be hard to go back.