PDA

View Full Version : The Joys of Selling Parts (I hate people)

BTLFED
09-06-2008, 12:15 PM
As some of you know I sell Infiniti Parts for a living. I am working right now and I have talked to some of the dumbest people I think I have ever came across.

First one:

This was a guy and his wife who after sitting in the customer lounge for quite a while (I guess thinking that I am a mind reader that will magically know they are here for parts instead of service and come get them) before they finally came up to the counter. This is how the conversation went:

Me: Can I help you?

Them: We need part for Infiniti (Hands me a paper with "fuel pump relly" written on it)

"What year?"

"94"

"What model of Infiniti"

"They are all same. It's 94"

They went on wasting 20 minutes of my time trying to convince me that they only made one model of Infiniti in 94. Apparently a G20, J30, and Q45 are all the same vehicle in their eyes. They didn't have the vin number either, but "it has 4 doors." DUH! They all have 4 doors! I finally got them to leave and go get me the vin, and it ends up being a Q45. How do you not know WTF you drive?! Especially when he said he's owned it for years! :rolleyes:

Second person:

~Phone Rings~

"Infiniti parts, Can I help you?"

"Do you all carry trailer hitches?"

"We stock a couple, what kind of vehicle is it?"

"A 96 Chevy Cavalier"

"Ma'am, this is an Infiniti Dealership"

"Do you have it in stock?"

"I just said this is an Infiniti Dealership, ma'am. We only sell parts for Infiniti's"

"So does that mean you don't?"

She didn't get it. Of course we don't, stupid! Why in the hell would I stock Chevy parts at an Infiniti dealership? This isn't Pep Boys! Holy fuk!

And don't even get me started on the guy that wanted to argue with me about an Infiniti Umbrella. He apparently wanted me to "make one for him" which is one of the things he said to me. Yeah, that could happen. :rolleyes:

eViLMunkey
09-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Second person:

~Phone Rings~

"Infiniti parts, Can I help you?"

"Do you all carry trailer hitches?"

"We stock a couple, what kind of vehicle is it?"

"A 96 Chevy Cavalier"

"Ma'am, this is an Infiniti Dealership"

"Do you have it in stock?"

"I just said this is an Infiniti Dealership, ma'am. We only sell parts for Infiniti's"

"So does that mean you don't?"

She didn't get it. Of course we don't, stupid! Why in the hell would I stock Chevy parts at an Infiniti dealership? This isn't Pep Boys! Holy fuk!

And don't even get me started on the guy that wanted to argue with me about an Infiniti Umbrella. He apparently wanted me to "make one for him" which is one of the things he said to me. Yeah, that could happen. :rolleyes:

Bwahahaha!! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: Gotta love 'Tards http://91.121.132.199/gifs/2581.gif

AlanŽ
09-06-2008, 01:23 PM
damn

Me86Rob
09-06-2008, 01:30 PM
lol

TeeJay
09-06-2008, 01:53 PM
can you get me a sr20de for my honda element?

BTLFED
09-06-2008, 02:05 PM
can you get me a sr20de for my honda element?

You put a 2JZ in my 4Runner first.

ironchef
09-06-2008, 02:25 PM
You put a 2JZ in my 4Runner first.Done.

BTLFED
09-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Done.

:lmfao: reps! :lmfao:

It's about time someone incorporated that in to something else besides a Lexus SC pic that has been reposted 138248294 times. :lmfao:

Z0_o6
09-06-2008, 02:52 PM
I work for Acura parts. I know EXACTLY the people you are talkin about man! all i can say is if one more person asks me why they are getting honda parts i'm gonna strangle them LOL

ironchef
09-06-2008, 02:57 PM
:lmfao: reps! :lmfao:

It's about time someone incorporated that in to something else besides a Lexus SC pic that has been reposted 138248294 times. :lmfao:Took some digging to find a 4runner engine bay picture.

BTLFED
09-06-2008, 02:58 PM
I work for Acura parts. I know EXACTLY the people you are talkin about man! all i can say is if one more person asks me why they are getting honda parts i'm gonna strangle them LOL

I get that too! "The box says Nissan. I own an Infiniti. This is the wrong part." :lmfao:

BTLFED
09-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Took some digging to find a 4runner engine bay picture.

The funny part is that it's the same body style as my 4Runner. If the truck was Silver instead of White it would have been perfect! :lmfao:

Catnip
09-06-2008, 03:01 PM
I just wanted to say 2 things:
-I hate people as well.
-I would've called the cavalier woman a c*nt-tard.

BTLFED
09-06-2008, 03:03 PM
I just wanted to say 2 things:
-I hate people as well.
-I would've called the cavalier woman a c*nt-tard.

You can't exactly do that when you work customer service. I'd get fired. I was thinking something like that though!

rednblacksvt
09-06-2008, 03:27 PM
You can't exactly do that when you work customer service. I'd get fired. I was thinking something like that though!

thats what i hate about my job, i always have something to say... so i say it anyway. a customer told me "the only problem i have right now is that i'm not dead" i put him on mute and said aloud "you should end yourself" the people sitting around me couldnt believe it. jay told a customer she was a b!tch thinking he was on mute, and was rudely surprised when she replied "so what if i am?" i think he actually ended up hanging up on her.

BTLFED
09-06-2008, 03:29 PM
thats what i hate about my job, i always have something to say... so i say it anyway. a customer told me "the only problem i have right now is that i'm not dead" i put him on mute and said aloud "you should end yourself" the people sitting around me couldnt believe it. jay told a customer she was a b!tch thinking he was on mute, and was rudely surprised when she replied "so what if i am?" i think he actually ended up hanging up on her.

Hahahahahaha! You guys can get away with that?! :lmfao:

rednblacksvt
09-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Hahahahahaha! You guys can get away with that?! :lmfao:

no... we put them on mute so we can say what we really want to... jay just messed up and actually said it to her, he hung up on her when he realized he heard her so that she couldnt get his information... typically we wouldnt get away with it.

BTLFED
09-06-2008, 03:37 PM
no... we put them on mute so we can say what we really want to... jay just messed up and actually said it to her, he hung up on her when he realized he heard her so that she couldnt get his information... typically we wouldnt get away with it.

Don't you have to identify yourself at the beginning of the convo?

rednblacksvt
09-06-2008, 05:11 PM
yeah, but 9 times outta ten no one writes it down... its a collections call... they hardly want to be on the phone, much less know who you are. in jays instance they just want to complain.

flak_monkey
09-06-2008, 06:36 PM
you ever check out www.notalwaysright.com?
service industry sucks.

AnthonyF
09-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Which Infiniti do you work at? :ninja:

-Ant.

Tech5
09-06-2008, 06:52 PM
lololololol

twinj
09-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Damn atleast you guys get to come work for entertainment.

ironchef
09-06-2008, 07:15 PM
you ever check out www.notalwaysright.com? (http://www.notalwaysright.com?)
service industry sucks.LOL, that site is HILARIOUS!

BTLFED
09-08-2008, 07:49 AM
Damn atleast you guys get to come work for entertainment.

Well we have to get something out of it, because the pay sucks.

ironchef
09-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Joining the corporate world, I've noticed some stupidity running rampant as well. Last week some guy didn't know how to somethings in MS Excel, so I tried to show him, but he straight up wouldn't listen to me. Then like 10 minutes later, he figured it out, and it was the exact same thing I was telling him to do. I guess cause I'm lower on the totem pole that my opinion doesn't matter....sighs.

BTLFED
09-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Joining the corporate world, I've noticed some stupidity running rampant as well. Last week some guy didn't know how to somethings in MS Excel, so I tried to show him, but he straight up wouldn't listen to me. Then like 10 minutes later, he figured it out, and it was the exact same thing I was telling him to do. I guess cause I'm lower on the totem pole that my opinion doesn't matter....sighs.

That's not just in the corporate world, my friend. I have a couple techs that I would like to slap the sh!t out of with a tension rod because they don't want to listen to me.