PDA

View Full Version : Misc Best Non Fast Food Places

Brett
03-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Post up your favorite "NON FAST FOOD" places to eat. This is a good way for everyone to try new places around our areas to eat.

When you post it, also post up where it is so we can find it and maybe even tell us what types of food they serve and atmosphere it is.

quickdodge®
03-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Waffle House. Everything in there is awesome.

Directions: Go to any Interstate. Get off at any exit. Turn in either direction. You're there. Later, QD.

CiViCCuTie
03-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Chilis, Macaroni Grill, Smokey Bones,

Nittanys1
03-20-2005, 09:22 PM
Orient Garden!!! $1 sushi every Monday and Wednesday

located at the corner of old peachtree rd and lawrenceville suwanee rd

chuck
03-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Buga di Beppo in alpharetta, some great home style italian food, huge servings, reasonable prices, fun atmosphere...good place for dates. for something fun, get like 2 couples or just like 4 or 5 people and get a reservation in the kitchen, there is a table in there where you can eat. it's actually pretty fun and nice at the same time. their address is 2335 mansell road, phone is 770-643-9463

also wild wings, a few of us were talking about that at taco mac one night...i love their wings!

Eli
03-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Favorite place is Amici's, Loco's and the Brick are good too.

Chuckster
03-21-2005, 07:21 AM
T MAC

Jay B II
03-21-2005, 08:42 AM
Well of course I would have to say Buffalo Wild Wings (the Dunwoody store...definately not the Alpharetta store)...but I'm kinda biased since I do work there and all. But seriously, compared to the other wing places between 285 and the river on Roswell Rd(and I've tried them all)...B Dubs is the best. It's at the corner of North Ridge and Roswell Rd.

oh yeah...and this pizza place on old milton I think it's called Carmine's...it's near the GA State North Campus in one of those shopping centers.

rjm7985
03-21-2005, 08:43 AM
Ted's Montana Grill, Buford, GA. It's across the way from Chuckie Cheese. It's soooooo good.

CALIWEST
03-21-2005, 09:48 AM
forgot the name...but its an all u can eat sushi place in roswell

Sirius R
03-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Oriental Express, exit 18 off 285 in vinings. Off the hook.

Williamson's BBQ Roswell rd in Marietta. (Make a right at the big chicken, down about a mile) Great BBQ

Cliff
03-22-2005, 03:29 PM
Frontera.....

DemonEyez
03-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Haandi's off indian trail. 5.99 buffet during the week. home style pakistani food.

FrnkPwrs
03-22-2005, 08:03 PM
forgot the name...but its an all u can eat sushi place in roswell
You talking about the one in the just for feet shopping center? Right off of Abernathy accross from Office Depot?

Julio
03-22-2005, 08:37 PM
My moms kitchen...

I can eat at fridays all week long man... jack daniel steak OWZZ!

Sthrnba711
03-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Taco Mac is always good, but the Cheesecake Factory that opened at Northpoint mall is awesome. They give you so much food and the cheesecake is awesome too.

Allstar3.8T
03-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Max and Ermas on P'hill is great. I recommend cajun shrimp and Pasta, after a plate of cheese fries w/ all this toppings. Trust me now, Thank me later.

seksicarlovinchick
03-23-2005, 11:03 AM
The best chines around is the Grand Buffet over by the *5 and pleasant hill, by target and dave and busters and harry's...lunch is like 6 bucks and dinner is 12, but its awesome

silver
03-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Frontera.....

Hey Cliff... that is where I ate lunch today. lol...

But every Sunday... Hibatchi at Fugi Hana... it's even better when you're hungover!

carrascopa
03-23-2005, 12:59 PM
damn yall need some culture! most of those places are basically fast fod establishments
you want a good meal than go here

http://www.fogodechao.com/flash_index.php

or

Bones on Piedmont rd

or

Ruths Chris

or

ninja steak and sushi on riverside pkwy

or

my favorite PAMPAS steak house in alpharetta It'll cost you but it is damn good

Thats all

Tracy
03-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Eatzi's

silver
03-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Fogodechao is really good too!!

Julio
03-23-2005, 03:10 PM
damn yall need some culture! most of those places are basically fast fod establishments

or

Bones on Piedmont rd

or

Ruths Chris

or

or

Thats all

All those place the food is over rated, You are paying for the customer service wich is really good but thats that.

seksicarlovinchick
03-23-2005, 04:58 PM
Anyone know of any good greek places??

Cliff
03-23-2005, 06:44 PM
i love any hibachi and atlanta bread company

FrnkPwrs
03-23-2005, 07:25 PM

or

Bones on Piedmont rd

or

Ruths Chris

or

or

Thats all

LOL, my boy owns the italian spot next to Pampas. My boy came out with a sign for his restaurant [Valentinos] the dude guy at Pampas bought this big super duper vegas sign, LOL.

Ruth Chris is good and all, but there isnt anything that makes it stand out besides the customer service, like Julio said. And the twizzle sticks.

The place that stood out the most to me was the Lobster Bar. That food is well worth what you pay!

Im not much of a fan of asian food. Ive been to Benihana before if that counts, LOL. And that spot beind MOG by the Vans skate park. There was this one bomb ass Chinese Buffet in Roswell near Riverside but it closed after 9/11. It was thick with packed with all types of food, all you can eat sushi [if thats your thing] and very upscale. And only like $12/person!

carrascopa
03-24-2005, 11:02 AM
All those place the food is over rated, You are paying for the customer service wich is really good but thats that.

come on man... fogodechau is the shit noplace like it

and Bones is rated in the top 10 steak houses in the country

Pampas meat distribution is the largest meat distributor in the south and they also have their own resstraunt which BTW they keep all the best cut steaks for themselves....

The service is good at those places, but the quality of food cannot be beat either it is more than customer service IMO

Cliff
03-24-2005, 01:49 PM
there's a BBQ place in Jonesboro off of Tara Blvd called Deans BBQ right next to the railroad that has GREAT bbq and that's all they serve pork bbq and the place is always packed...ate there today

accented
03-24-2005, 05:06 PM
SAMBUCA

CALIWEST
03-24-2005, 05:10 PM
You talking about the one in the just for feet shopping center? Right off of Abernathy accross from Office Depot?

no...the sushi resturant is by itself

Pebbles
03-24-2005, 09:13 PM
come on man... fogodechau is the shit noplace like it

I've eaten there before, and I did not like it at all. Well except for the desert, I had the cheesecake. Thats bout the only thing I liked.

Kermit
03-25-2005, 11:26 AM
I love going to new & different restraunts all over Atlanta. Here are some that I go to frequently.

1) Eclipse di Lune
www.eclipsediluna.com
2) SoHo
www.sohoatlanta.com
3) Maggiano's
www.maggianos.com
4) Barcelona
www.simplymediterranean.com
5) The Flying Biscuit (breakfast)
www.flyingbiscuit.com

If anyone's looking for a certain type of food or atmoshere, let me know and I can probably make some recommendations.

99SI
03-25-2005, 04:01 PM
Pasta Max, in Stockbridge. It is in the lobby of a hotel right off of I-75. If you are going sout on 75 when you exit, turn left, when you go under 75 there will be a racetrack gas station on the right, turn next to it and the hotel is behind the gas station. I can't remember the name of the hotel. The place is not the fanciest place, doesn't have the greatest service, but if you want some bad ass italian food try it if you are on the southside. Their chef was trained at the C.I.A.(culinary institute of America) in New York and everything there is hand made fresh and it is wonderful.

THEONE
03-25-2005, 06:53 PM
Orient Garden!!! $1 sushi every Monday and Wednesday

located at the corner of old peachtree rd and lawrenceville suwanee rd
i just wanna say i agree.great food over there i order from them every friday.

and i want to add uncle vitos pizza is a good place for pizza they are off riverside pkwy in lville

and there is a little italian place off hwy29 in lville right down the street from the high school the name is grattos,man thats kick ass italian a little pricey but a great palce to take your sweet heart.it looks like a little house,and they have great service and a nice selction of wine if you like that kind of stuff.

JoeCoolinATL
03-26-2005, 01:19 AM
I love going to new & different restraunts all over Atlanta. Here are some that I go to frequently.

1) Eclipse di Lune
www.eclipsediluna.com

great place, over off miami circle.

my fav place in atlanta is dantes down the hatch.
great food and killer place to eat.
i absolutely fucking hate chain places. all their food is the same. i try to never go to them.

but nuevo cantina off chattahooche/howell mill is KILLLLLLLER
local places > chains.

eViLMunkey
03-26-2005, 09:22 AM
Mad Italian is the Shiznitfizzle

Julio
03-26-2005, 10:45 AM
None of those restaurant's touch my moms cooking like I said before.

IM a big steak guy myself, I've been to about 85% of the places mentioned on this topic here and the one I like the most are:

Bahama breeze - Palomilla Steak

Fridays - Jack daniel steak

But I guess is all on what kinda taste you are into really.

On another note, I can eat Dominican Food all day, everyday, Mi Pilon, Mi bandera, Santo domingo, Puerto Plata etc... BEST IN MY BOOK!!

Julio
03-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Also Me and Pablo went to Miami last year and went to this lilttle Cuban joint, and let me tell you.... GOD was cooking in the kitchen.

Pablo
03-26-2005, 11:28 AM
that cuban joint was off the hook

accented
03-26-2005, 11:38 AM
sambuca

RandomGuy
03-26-2005, 11:47 AM
"Prime" in lenox mall. That shit is good. a little pricey but the steak is the best steak money can buy, really. It's a 'wannabe-high class' atmosphere but the food is fucking goooood. If you're ever in the area definitely go there. Get their NY strip.

eViLMunkey
03-26-2005, 12:09 PM
Yeah Prime is good... But I still Say The Mad Italian has one of the best Cheese Steaks in Atlanta....

blurred visions
03-26-2005, 01:30 PM
Aqua Terra in buford. Pricey, but its so good.

If you like buffalo sauce, check out Po Boys near gwinnett place mall and get the buffalo shrimp po boy, mmmmm. Its on old norcross and davenport.

soul
03-26-2005, 05:15 PM
Nagoya

yerrow
03-27-2005, 12:44 PM
that cuban joint was off the hook

evr been to the cuban sandwich place on buford hwy and druid hills?

Sledlude
03-27-2005, 04:51 PM
flying biscuit sucks ass.. CHOPS in buckhead is the fucking illest. best steak and lobster ever. the best cheap quick food imo is EATS on Ponce

FrnkPwrs
03-27-2005, 05:59 PM

Are you talking about that spot Havana? Never been there but ive been to Coco Loco on Sidney Marcus. That food is good!

Trey
03-28-2005, 05:07 PM
R Thomas off P'Tree is a fun, eclectic place late at night.

JoeCoolinATL
03-29-2005, 03:25 PM
flying biscuit sucks ass.. CHOPS in buckhead is the fucking illest. best steak and lobster ever. the best cheap quick food imo is EATS on Ponce

haha i remmeber one night in fall 99 about 4 of us went to eats we got our food and were walking to the table and im like dood look at the size of that roach (3-4" long roach running across the floor) employee hears me looks up walks out steps on it then goes back behind the counter
hahaha

thinkfast®
03-29-2005, 09:49 PM
lol thats nasty

yea Havana is pretty good, their Cuban sandwich is so fuckin good it like almost falls apart in your hands. its sorta small though, order 2....

Coco Loco is nice I like their Churrasco w/ that chimichurri :D Another Cuban surprise that I found was Las Palmas, off Clairmont/Buford.. good ass cubans and they got love for some Nicas up there LOL

yerrow
04-05-2005, 09:12 PM
i'll try 'm both

uncle_el
04-06-2005, 09:00 AM
nava, on peachtree, a block down from espn zone.

the vortex, 1 location on peachtree between 14th and 10th street, the other location over in little 5 points on moreland avenue, just before euclid.

aloha, sushi, chinese, and thai; on piedmont road, before linden. small little place, great service.

atlanta fish market, pharr road

cafe tu tu tango, pharr road, across the street from atlanta fish market. tapas.

rolling bones, bbq, edgewood avenue.

afro dish, jamaican, sweet auburn market on edgewood avenue.

Sledlude
04-06-2005, 07:01 PM
ew. i dont think im going back to eats... the place looks a little janky anyway so i believe it

Tracy
04-06-2005, 07:05 PM
I love EATS!

Tasuki_Civic
04-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Kool Runnings............one of the best places to get carribean food. it on memorial drive going away from the futon county prision

eViLMunkey
04-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Kobe Steaks in Sandy Springs

HiPSI
04-07-2005, 03:58 PM
mexican: Taxco-dirt cheap compared to most and damn good real mex food made by real mexicans. it's in the lowe's shopping center off hwy 20 near 985.

the rest:

-Taco Mac at the mall of GA, can always find something i want to eat on their menu and overall a nice restaurant.
-Panera Bread Company... IMO far superior to atlanta bread company, potato soup is off the chain
-mellow mushroom, best calzone you can get and they're friggin huge :)

eViLMunkey
04-08-2005, 09:08 AM
Felini's Pizza is the Shit also.. I normally go to the one on Roswell Rd. Just in Buckhead North of the one further down on Peachtree...

Also Artuzzi's isn't that bad either...

Hulud
04-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Felini's Pizza is the Shit also.. I normally go to the one on Roswell Rd. Just in Buckhead North of the one further down on Peachtree...

:stupid:
o shit that place is the shit!
my gf works at Palm Beach Tan down there and brought me home some one night... now thats pizza!

Hulud
04-08-2005, 10:46 AM
if you want some good food followed by some good pussy :hump:
take your girl to the melting pot

Tracy
04-08-2005, 10:48 AM

I thought I was the only one who hated the Flying Biscuit. There is always a line out the ass, too!

Dragonfly5338
04-08-2005, 11:27 AM

OMG that place is AWESOME. :goodjob:

Tracy
04-08-2005, 11:33 AM
OOOH OOOH what about the Cuban sandwich place by GA Tech. That place is good, too.

Boosted S60R
04-08-2005, 12:24 PM
everyone knows my fav P.F.Changs.

Dragonfly5338
04-08-2005, 02:07 PM
OOOH OOOH what about the Cuban sandwich place by GA Tech. That place is good, too.

I've never been to that one. Where by tech is it?

Tracy
04-08-2005, 02:12 PM
UMMM. Right across the street form LA Green's. I can't remember the street names, dang it. It's a hole in the wall. Just go down by Tech. and ask anyone. All of the students go there. Dan introduced me to it when he was attending Tech. It's the real deal!

Sledlude
04-08-2005, 05:36 PM
flying biscuit has the nastiest fucking biscuits ive ever had, theyre over priced for their shitty food and service. theres a new place on ponce called "Doc Green's"... its like a build your own salad place and its DANK. and they serve wine :)