PDA

View Full Version : **** THE POPO

Thighs
09-06-2008, 12:03 AM
so im driving up to the mall earlier tonight, bout to pick my g/f up for a nice dinner and stuff, when i pull onto mall of ga boulevard, a cop gets in behind me and i guess she just randomly ran my plate, which has been expired since july (no funds). so of course, the blues flip on, so i pull over, etc etc. im very respectful to the female officer and her 2 male backup officers who showed up, they search me and my car, and she comes back to the car saying that i have no valid insurance coverage and that because of the lapse in coverage, my registration has been suspended. i tell her that i have valid insurance coverage with liberty mutual. they wouldnt let me call to get a policy # and i didnt have my proof card. so she comes back to the car and gives me a ticket for invalid registration and IMPOUNDS MY FUCKING CAR nor "having no insurance/registration.". i promptly called my insurance company, who acknowledged that i have been covered since dec 5th? 2007 and will be until that date 2008 when my policy is up.

WTF?!?!

now i have to pay $95 to get my damn car back, on top of the $50 i wouldve had to pay for the expired tag anyways, plus the fucking bs ticket that ill have to get time off work for to go sit and wait to try to have it dropped, plus i have to miss work tomorrow to bum a ride to downtown buford to get the car back in the first place.

sorry for the wall of text, im pissed and needed to vent. :2up: gwinnett county police, dmv, tag office, and any other party who could possibly have to do with the bullshit i have put up with tonight.

slostang
09-06-2008, 12:06 AM
omg sniperz

Thighs
09-06-2008, 12:09 AM
:2up:
im still pissed.

Catnip
09-06-2008, 12:12 AM
I make her wear nothing but handcuffs & heels
And I beat it like a cop
Rodney King baby yeah I beat it like a cop

redrumracer
09-06-2008, 12:16 AM
so i guess the lesson you should take from this is

DONT DRIVE AROUND WITH EXPIRED TAGS.

dont complain, you broke the law by
A) not have your tags up to date
B) not having proof of insurance. yes you are required by law to have proof with you in your car.

BobbyFresco
09-06-2008, 12:34 AM
You're lucky she didn't take you to jail...

Catnip
09-06-2008, 12:42 AM
You're lucky she didn't take you to jail...

or pull you out the rover.

Scotsman
09-06-2008, 01:02 AM

B) not having proof of insurance. yes you are required by law to have proof with you in your car.x2

Motivation
09-06-2008, 01:33 AM
It wasn't the fault of gwinnett county police, dmv, tag office, and any other party who could possibly have to do with the bullshit i have put up with tonight. it was my own fault for not having my tag renewed. I didn't have the funds, but yet I put gas in it and was going to take my girl to a nice dinner. Instead of this nice dinner I could have renewed my tags... A nice dinner could have waited, that way I could have been able to pick her up in a car that was legal

Fixed. :yes:

JITB
09-06-2008, 03:37 AM
nice dinner for 2 = 35.00$ (atleast)
"stuff" = 10-15$ (condoms-gas-liquor)

= 45-55$

which is enough to PAY YOUR REGISTRATION!

Got to get your priorities in order

Sorry for ur ticket!! well atleast you wont have to pay the INsurance ticket since u did have insurance. i rode around 3 weeks after my tag expired... last month..lol

quickdodgeŽ
09-06-2008, 05:37 AM

B) not having proof of insurance. yes you are required by law to have proof with you in your car.

I'm going to have to go with this post, Jesse. If you had no funds to get your tag, you should NOT have had the funds to go out to eat. That would have kept you from any of these problems. It sucks and I sort of feel your pain, too. Good luck.

Now on to the Letter B answer in the above quote. Completely wrong, redrum. As of February 1, 2003, insurance law was made to where all info would be made available online and that you DO NOT have to have proof with you. Only commercial vehicles will have to keep carrying cards.

Later, QD.

yerrow
09-06-2008, 05:59 AM
bottom line, don't break the law, don't pay the penalties

jwrape
09-06-2008, 06:23 AM
Well, now you really don't have funds. Sorry man, should have had your tag registration up to date. It's like playing russian rulet otherwise. Gwinnett County don't play around.

David88vert
09-06-2008, 07:07 AM
QD is right, they go by what the computer says now on insurance, not the card.
If you had current registration, you would have some grounds to stand on to fight the impound. Since you didn't, even though you do have insurance, you did it to yourself.

Thighs
09-06-2008, 07:26 AM
when i said i didnt have funds, i meant that between july and yesterday i didnt. i was unemployed all summer because my last job wouldnt let me be part time and wanted me to work when i had class. school comes first, so i quit. i started a new job last weekend, and i got paid yesterday. i originally planned on renewing my tag today because my check was pretty BA.

i know the expired tags are my fault, but i HAVE insurance and therefore i SHOULD still have registration, just not necessarily current. if i had been pulled over for the tag, i would have been cited and been on my way, and i would have been perfectly okay with that. what sucks, is that after allllll summer of driving under the radar and waiting on the cash to handle the situation, the day i get it i get ****ED. so now instead of 50 bucks for the tag renewal and late fee, its 95 dollars for the impound fee, 50 for the tag, and gas money for my friend who is driving me. so bcause of this little **** up in the computer system, im paying ~160 dollars versus 50. i have evry right to be pissed. i have insurance therefore my registration should have never been suspended.

chrisdavis
09-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Now on to the Letter B answer in the above quote. Completely wrong, redrum. As of February 1, 2003, insurance law was made to where all info would be made available online and that you DO NOT have to have proof with you. Only commercial vehicles will have to keep carrying cards.

Later, QD.

I still carry an insurance card in both of my vehicles just in case I get pulled over and there is a problem with them verifying my insurance. Had he done the same his car probably wouldnt have been impounded.

I dont understand why he didnt renew his tag the minute he got paid, instead of still riding around on an expired tag.

Maniacc
09-06-2008, 08:40 AM
I dont understand why he didnt renew his tag the minute he got paid, instead of still riding around on an expired tag.And thinking that dinner with his girl was on the top of his 'To do list.'

Jesse, you pretty much brought this upon yourself. Anyone with common sense should know that renewing your tag is a must if you want to continue driving. And I think should be renewed atleast a month or two before - that's just me. And another thing - you should also have been smart enough to know that having any important information about you or your car should be with you at all times, so situations like this don't happen.

ETA: The title is also childish and unnecessary. You're the one who fucked up and didn't have your information upon request. You weren't prepared, you shouldn't have been driving so therefore there is no one else to blame but yourself.

FlipKing
09-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Why not taker HER car man? That woulda saved you alot of trouble. And QD is right, you do not have to have an insurance card.

BobbyFresco
09-06-2008, 08:55 AM
It helps to have your insurance card with you because the system isn't always up to date.

Elbow
09-06-2008, 08:57 AM
One night when I had my 240 I was driving, went past a cop not speeding. Well I had my tailights out, didn't know (240 electronics ftl)

Anyway he pulled me over, and asked for my stuf...I had NONE...because it was not insured, no registration, etc. He called in the tag it was for a Honda. He asked if I used to own one I said yes. I showed a bill of sale. He asked if I had insurance I said not yet lol. He let me go, he said he trusted I would get it all done and told me to drive with my flashers on and have a good night lol.

Sorry that sucks, I got pulled over in my Miata with expired tag. Cop asked where I was going I told him to a friends house fairly far away, he said well you want to walk, or turn your happy ass around and spend that gas money on a new tag? I turned around lol.

At least she didn't arrest you for no insurance or something.

willum14pb
09-06-2008, 09:19 AM
lmao, you need to learn your rights. You have every right to call your insurance agent to get your insurance policy #. They took you for a ride. ;) And since you're broke and can't afford a lawyer they knew you wouldn't come back at them. Good luck with everything :\

BTLFED
09-06-2008, 09:31 AM
So all I see is "I am an idiot that broke the law but it's the cops fault."

Quit crying you fuking girl. If your tag hadn't been expired you wouldn't have gotten pulled over. You deserve whatever you get, stupid. :slap:

FasTech
09-06-2008, 09:43 AM
You should have posted a link to that song by Corey Smith "F*** the Po-Po"...lol Stille sucks, but it is your fault.

Thighs
09-06-2008, 10:15 AM
i dont think some of you guys understand what happened. i DID NOT get cited for my expired tag. they officers barely even mentioned it.

i DID, however, get a ticked for SUSPENDED, not EXPIRED, registration and invalid/no insurance, which is 100% false. i have records showing every payment i have made to my insurance company and i have a bond from them saying that i have been CONTINUOUSLY covered since dec. 5th? 2007 (its not right in front of me).

had i been ticketed for the expired tag, this thread would not exist. i took the risk of driving on an expired tag, and would have accepted responsibility of my actions if there was consequences due to them. however, the price i am paying now has nothing to do with my expired tag. the officers wouldnt let me call an insurance agent to get a policy # to prove my coverage, and since i had no proof otherwise, i got fucked. its complete bullsh!t. the end.

Thighs
09-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Why not taker HER car man? That woulda saved you alot of trouble. And QD is right, you do not have to have an insurance card.

she doesnt drive. strict azn parents ftl.

Thighs
09-06-2008, 10:21 AM
I still carry an insurance card in both of my vehicles just in case I get pulled over and there is a problem with them verifying my insurance. Had he done the same his car probably wouldnt have been impounded.

I dont understand why he didnt renew his tag the minute he got paid, instead of still riding around on an expired tag.

because the tag office closes at 5, i left work at 6. yesterday was my first paycheck since early june.

eViLMunkey
09-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Your own damn fault for not renewing your registration and not having you new valid proof of insurance...

Thighs
09-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Your own damn fault for not renewing your registration and not having you new valid proof of insurance...

are you retarded? registration is still valid, even if the tag is expired. the registration was invalid because the dmv records showed me not having insurance, even though i do. and you arent required by law to carry a proof card, because its not a reliable source of proof. the officers have access to all the information on the computers in their cars.

BTLFED
09-06-2008, 12:33 PM
are you retarded? registration is still valid, even if the tag is expired. the registration was invalid because the dmv records showed me not having insurance, even though i do. and you arent required by law to carry a proof card, because its not a reliable source of proof. the officers have access to all the information on the computers in their cars.

Then why did your car get impounded? :rolleyes:

You really are an idiot. If you had an insurance card in your car that was valid I guarantee you they would have given you more of a chance to straighten it out instead of impounding your car.

Thighs
09-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Then why did your car get impounded? :rolleyes:

You really are an idiot. If you had an insurance card in your car that was valid I guarantee you they would have given you more of a chance to straighten it out instead of impounding your car.

because their records showed that i had no valid coverage because of an error in recordkeeping. the dmv records were never updated when i transfered the policy from my aspire to this car.

and just because i didnt have a card with me isnt grounds to impound a vehicle. i have the right to prove coverage, even if it means calling my agent and getting a policy #. but they called the tow truck before they even told me what was going on, and wouldnt let me call my insurance company to give them a policy number.

redrumracer
09-06-2008, 12:38 PM
well if your tag had been up to date then you wouldnt have got pulled over. so it all revolves around you not keeping your tag up to date.

EDIT: oh and QD it was law in SC so i assumed that it was basically the same in GA.

Thighs
09-06-2008, 12:40 PM
well if your tag had been up to date then you wouldnt have got pulled over. so it all revolves around you not keeping your tag up to date.

true. but either way, i have insurance, therefore my registration should not have been suspended for not having insurance, therefore my car should not have been impounded.

eViLMunkey
09-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Actually I'm not retarded I wasn't busted for driving w/ an expired tag and lapsed insurance :slap:

Thighs
09-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Actually I'm not retarded I wasn't busted for driving w/ an expired tag and lapsed insurance :slap:

thats the point, my insurance never lapsed. i have proof form my insurance company of this and it will be with me in court.

eViLMunkey
09-06-2008, 12:45 PM
so im driving up to the mall earlier tonight, bout to pick my g/f up for a nice dinner and stuff, when i pull onto mall of ga boulevard, a cop gets in behind me and i guess she just randomly ran my plate, which has been expired since july (no funds). so of course, the blues flip on, so i pull over, etc etc. im very respectful to the female officer and her 2 male backup officers who showed up, they search me and my car, and she comes back to the car saying that i have no valid insurance coverage and that because of the lapse in coverage, my registration has been suspended. i tell her that i have valid insurance coverage with liberty mutual. they wouldnt let me call to get a policy # and i didnt have my proof card. so she comes back to the car and gives me a ticket for invalid registration and IMPOUNDS MY FUCKING CAR nor "having no insurance/registration.". i promptly called my insurance company, who acknowledged that i have been covered since dec 5th? 2007 and will be until that date 2008 when my policy is up.

WTF?!?!

now i have to pay $95 to get my damn car back, on top of the $50 i wouldve had to pay for the expired tag anyways, plus the fucking bs ticket that ill have to get time off work for to go sit and wait to try to have it dropped, plus i have to miss work tomorrow to bum a ride to downtown buford to get the car back in the first place.

sorry for the wall of text, im pissed and needed to vent. :2up: gwinnett county police, dmv, tag office, and any other party who could possibly have to do with the bullshit i have put up with tonight.
well then how did the officer get that info.. hmmm... came up on her little computer :2up:

Thighs
09-06-2008, 12:50 PM
well then how did the officer get that info.. hmmm... came up on her little computer :2up:

because the insurance company never updated the records when i transfered the policy from my old car to the miata i guess, but i have had continuous coverage since december.

eViLMunkey
09-06-2008, 12:52 PM
oh ok.. so it just looked like a lapse in her computer I guess. but other than that you take your proof of insurance in and new registration from getting your new sticker and it'll get tossed out like a used tampon :ninja:

metalman
09-06-2008, 04:42 PM
In my experience Gwinnett cops are quick to be a$$hols about this kind of stuff, especially with kiddies. You should have been cited for your expired tag and sent on your merry way. If they were really concerned about your insurance they would ask you about it and give you a chance to provide the info. Cops nowdays are 'military trained' and most have been largely voided of any common sense in terms of talking to and dealing with human beings.

My wife was stopped for speeding. I had attached a tag to her car that didnt even belong on that car, but another car we owned. The cop (not Gwinnett) was very cool about it and actually talked to her like a human, allowed her to verify with him that there WAS insurance on the car. He only warned her for speeding but cited her for improper tag and told her just to take care of it and provide proof that it was and that there would be no big deal. Unfortunately some cops dont have the common sense to just talk to people a little and do the sensible thing.

metalman
09-06-2008, 04:47 PM
she doesnt drive. strict azn parents ftl.

They cant be TOO strict, they let her ride around with you! :D
Do they know about the :idb: LOL.....

AnthonyF
09-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Honestly bro, you just need to be mad at yourself. Sorry for your loss but you live and you learn.

-Ant.

jamesb18c1
09-06-2008, 08:14 PM
do not cry about it if you knew you were wrong to start with. :2cents:

Thighs
09-06-2008, 10:51 PM
In my experience Gwinnett cops are quick to be a$$hols about this kind of stuff, especially with kiddies. You should have been cited for your expired tag and sent on your merry way. If they were really concerned about your insurance they would ask you about it and give you a chance to provide the info. Cops nowdays are 'military trained' and most have been largely voided of any common sense in terms of talking to and dealing with human beings.

My wife was stopped for speeding. I had attached a tag to her car that didnt even belong on that car, but another car we owned. The cop (not Gwinnett) was very cool about it and actually talked to her like a human, allowed her to verify with him that there WAS insurance on the car. He only warned her for speeding but cited her for improper tag and told her just to take care of it and provide proof that it was and that there would be no big deal. Unfortunately some cops dont have the common sense to just talk to people a little and do the sensible thing.

thats what im saying. i had insurance, but the officer wouldnt let me call to get a policy number or anything.

Thighs
09-06-2008, 10:53 PM
They cant be TOO strict, they let her ride around with you! :D
Do they know about the :idb: LOL.....

LOL stfu. youre just jealous because youre too old to get it up :tongue1::lmfao:

ksniperfox
09-07-2008, 08:38 AM
I'm going to have to go with this post, Jesse. If you had no funds to get your tag, you should NOT have had the funds to go out to eat. That would have kept you from any of these problems. It sucks and I sort of feel your pain, too. Good luck.

Later, QD.

agreed A and B, but on to B1, the exception to B:

-must have proof of insurance in the case of an accident.

ive been in an accident and not had my insurance card. the kind officer asked if i wanted to make some phone calls to get my policy #, but i said no ill just take the ticket thanks. and i got a ticket for it. any other time, you do not have to have it.

and to the OP, you have to pay to play, sir. you didnt pay before you played. but you will now and much more than originally, lolz...sucks dude.

green91
09-07-2008, 10:10 AM
LOL. you're a ****ing tool! you should have spent your money & stuff "funds" to pay the late fee and have current registration for your tag. its that simple. they probably didnt even run your tag until they noticed you had the wrong color year sticker.