PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Dealership owner dies wrecking brand new challenger

trc_gsr
09-05-2008, 11:40 AM
http://www.wyff4.com/news/17360905/detail.html#

Leadfoot_mf
09-05-2008, 11:58 AM
lol like father like son.

sabastian458
09-05-2008, 12:47 PM
lol like father like son.

seriously man. the father died due to the brakes on his new bike failing. It is tragic that this has happened to that family and business.

sabastian458
09-05-2008, 01:02 PM
From the rumor mill arround here:

The dealership service department just installed a supercharger kit on the Challenger. He went out and was "racing" (I dont know that to be 100% fact) on 185, after the race, was heading home and took a turn too fast. Car broke loose and slid, causing him to hit the poles. Now I dont know what caused the car to turn over, but it did. 1 of the poles hit the roof panel of the car. Supposedly that is what killed him.

It is a sad accident to have happened, esspecially to someone in such a high standing position in the community. Alot of people will miss him.

Kaiser
09-07-2008, 09:51 PM
One of three things are always responsible in a one car accident.

Driver.
Car.
Conditions.

Conditions were fine.
Car was brand new, so any issues there are an engineering flaw (Would not be surprised)
Driver is probably the culprit. While I feel bad for his family...*shrug* Meh. Sucks.

I sorta hope it was the car. New Challenger is...well.

quickdodgeŽ
09-07-2008, 09:57 PM
From the rumor mill arround here:

The dealership service department just installed a supercharger kit on the Challenger. He went out and was "racing" (I dont know that to be 100% fact) on 185, after the race, was heading home and took a turn too fast. Car broke loose and slid, causing him to hit the poles. Now I dont know what caused the car to turn over, but it did. 1 of the poles hit the roof panel of the car. Supposedly that is what killed him.

It is a sad accident to have happened, esspecially to someone in such a high standing position in the community. Alot of people will miss him.

If the rumor is true and he died from a result of "racing," then good for him. Later, QD.

BiH1320
09-07-2008, 10:13 PM
If the rumor is true and he died from a result of "racing," then good for him. Later, QD.

Lol that's harsh.. :no:

But that does really suck to the family..

seanrg1116
09-08-2008, 07:54 AM
i hate to hear about things like this it can really be hard on a family. i cannot imagine what the family is going through but at the same time i honestly think he was probubly at fault.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/06/vortech_challenger_450.jpg (http://www.autoblog.com/photos/speedfactory-supercharged-challenger/861411/)
Click above to enlarge this shot and see the dyno graph

Whenever a new performance vehicle makes it into the hands of eager customers, a run to the dyno never seems to be far behind. This has again proven to be the case with the new Dodge Challenger, as a company known as Speedfactory (http://www.speedfactorycars.com/) has just done the deed on its new steed. What sets this particular vehicle and its dyno numbers (http://www.autoblog.com/photos/speedfactory-supercharged-challenger/861410/) apart from other SRT8s, though, is its Vortech supercharger (http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/global_item.php?gik=300&section=News). Considering that the 6.1 liter HEMI V8 under the Challenger's long, scooped hood is the same one available these last few years in other SRT-branded eight-cylinder vehicles, we're not too surprised to see that the system is pretty mature and posts rather good horsepower and torque numbers right out of the gate.

Coming in at about 495 horses at the rear tires, Speedfactory surmises that its Challenger is making around six hundred ponies at the crank. If owners of the GT500 weren't concerned with the Challenger's performance numbers before, perhaps the addition of a supercharger to the HEMI will bring it more in line with the numbers coming from the Shelby's force-fed mill. Folks, it's muscle car time again, let the games begin!

Uncle Ben has something to say "With great power comes great responsibility"

quickdodgeŽ
09-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Lol that's harsh.. :no:

But that does really suck to the family..

It's harsh but reality. Lolol. Better him than someone else. Later, QD.

SouthrnStyle
09-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Damn thats messed up

Atlblkz06
09-09-2008, 09:16 AM
My take:

30 year old, brand new challenger - "Hey its a racecar!"

Devil: "Lets take this turn going really fast since you have a race car!"
Angel: "This is a muscle car, not a race car. It cant turn for sh*! I mean flowers".
Devil: "Don't listen to him hes just a poosy, floor it!"

WAAAAAA! *tires screeching* thunk thunk BOOM.

I dont get why they're flying the flag at half mast. Other than the family, no one cares. Harsh, but true.

Kevykev
09-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Woah, that's tough, that's a really REALLY tough situation that will be extra hard on the family and some of the employees.

My take:

30 year old, brand new challenger - "Hey its a racecar!"

Devil: "Lets take this turn going really fast since you have a race car!"
Angel: "This is a muscle car, not a race car. It cant turn for sh*! I mean flowers".
Devil: "Don't listen to him hes just a poosy, floor it!"

WAAAAAA! *tires screeching* thunk thunk BOOM.

I dont get why they're flying the flag at half mast. Other than the family, no one cares. Harsh, but true.

that was corny :D

sabastian458
09-09-2008, 10:37 AM
ALOT of other people care. He was a great person in the community.

More clear information:

He had been racing on 185, won and was on the way home.
The wreck happened off McDaniel street in Greenville.
Apperently he took a turn to fast, slid, and clipped 2 telephone poles.
The first pole is thought to be the one that killed him.
Toxicology report is still pending.

They fly the flag half mast because someone at that dealership was killed. Every dealership/business does that when one of their own dies. It is call RESPECT.

Atlblkz06
09-09-2008, 11:03 AM
They fly the flag half mast because someone at that dealership was killed. Every dealership/business does that when one of their own dies. It is call RESPECT.

They're not flying their family flag, its the country's flag.

The last time the flag was at half mast, Katrina killed 1836 people and caused 80 billion in damages.

People die every day, I dont think thats reason enough to fly a flag at half mast. Hell even the fallen soldiers dont get that treatment (officially). I wish they did though.

TopSpeedInc
09-09-2008, 11:17 AM
That really sucks!

Ran
09-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Odom was not wearing a seat belt, Coppins said.Nobody's fault but his own.

quickdodgeŽ
09-09-2008, 07:38 PM
He had been racing on 185, won and was on the way home.
The wreck happened off McDaniel street in Greenville.
Apperently he took a turn to fast, slid, and clipped 2 telephone poles.
The first pole is thought to be the one that killed him.
Toxicology report is still pending.

Some win, huh? Wonder if it was worth his life. Lolol. Oh well, he got what he deserved, life goes on without him of course, lolol. Later, QD.

blackboi50
09-09-2008, 07:40 PM
who the fack wrote that article!!!!....geez they couldnt hire a literate SOB to write that sh!t!!!!!

maddd typos!!!! :(......1

blackboi50
09-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Nobody's fault but his own.

seat belt or not he woulda got facked!!!!!! *shruggs*........the top of the car got t-boned into a tree!!!......1

SandM
09-09-2008, 08:11 PM
well, many people make mistakes driving. no one here can say they havn't. he just pushed the car too hard and it went the worst way.

87 Turbo II
09-09-2008, 08:26 PM
yay! One less idiot racing, and driving without a seat belt.

TireBoi
09-16-2008, 10:07 AM
ouch

FreeMyndz
10-25-2008, 03:21 AM
Like someone said before..."with great power comes EVEN GREATER (MY version) responsibility"

Sad story...

Kaiser
10-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Urggghhh...Zombie Thread.