PDA

View Full Version : Noise after clutch install. Any Idea why?

lookitzme16
09-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Ok I wrote a threat asking for help in getting a transmission back on after a clutch install, thanks for those who replied and I finally got it all back together. The clutch works great, I installed everything new, fly wheel and all, well my problem now is, when I press the clutch in it makes a sorta whining noise, like a slight metal rub. I bent my dust cover putting it back on, I think that may be in, but the I dont see how it could be because when you press the clutch in the dust cover doesnt come isnt close to anything involve with the clutch, its behind the fly wheel, and I know the flywheel dont move in and out. Any Ideas on what it could be. I havent really drove it but up and down my driveway so far since its 1:30 AM, I figured id wait till daylight to dive it around. When I first started the car after the install it made the noise, then it stopped, and now its doing it again, only when holding the clutch. ANy help or Ideas would be great. thanks

1SOL2NV
09-05-2008, 04:07 AM
sounds like a bad throw out bearing ... did u replace when u replaced clutch ?

lookitzme16
09-05-2008, 09:28 AM
yes, replaced throw out bearing, pilot bearing, clutch, pressure plate, greased all spindles, clutch release fork, all contact points. I took it for a drivce today, and it does not do it all the time, every now and then, sometimes even when the clutch isnt pressed. I cant figure it out because it isnt constant. The clutch works great tho

Ronsam2006
09-05-2008, 09:55 AM
This is happening to me as well.

lookitzme16
09-05-2008, 05:03 PM
lol I removed the dust cover and problem is gone

Benefit
09-05-2008, 05:09 PM
it will go away