PDA

View Full Version : FEAR SELLS?

Kevykev
09-04-2008, 07:55 PM
First of, I just want to say, I'm not Republican or Democrat and certainly not big on political debates. My views on some things are conservative while on others they are liberal.

After 9/11 the topic of terrorists using FEAR as a form of control was brought to the public's attention. I've noticed that a certain party uses FEAR as their primary "ticket seller?" If you've been watching, there's no need to elaborate, I do not want to come off as Biased. A substantial amount of people will base their vote solely on who makes them feel protected against terrorists.

Thoughts?

PLEASE NO PARAGRAPH ANSWERS - Quality Over Quantity -

JITB
09-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Have u noticed the whole Iraq war is on the back burner while the election is goin on....

Of course ithink FEAR is used alot by the government. Its a war strategy.... Theres a whole big plan behind it, that the US has used many times before. And history just repeats itself..and the same end result happens.. Dead people..and money wasted..

man
09-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Have u noticed the whole Iraq war is on the back burner while the election is goin on....

Of course ithink FEAR is used alot by the government. Its a war strategy.... Theres a whole big plan behind it, that the US has used many times before. And history just repeats itself..and the same end result happens.. Dead people..and money wasted..

Fear doesn't just work for the war agenda...

JITB
09-05-2008, 12:32 AM

of course.. a war is a big enough thing to distract others from a general purpose and meaning of the whole situation.... getting people to feel or do something you want to get done, when you know without the fear tactic it would be virtually impossible

Kevykev
09-05-2008, 06:52 AM

You mean that it can be applied to anything correct?

Total_Blender
09-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Yeah, fear can be applied to everything, especially taxes. Although Obama has proposed tax cuts for most of the population (everyone under 250k) and a tax increase for the upper 5%, all the Republicans have to do is say "Obama will raise your taxes" and people eat it up.

jwrape
09-05-2008, 08:48 AM

Yes, of course, that is the media for you. They report whatever is the newest thing.

4dmin
09-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Yeah, fear can be applied to everything, especially taxes. Although Obama has proposed tax cuts for most of the population (everyone under 250k) and a tax increase for the upper 5%, all the Republicans have to do is say "Obama will raise your taxes" and people eat it up.

yup - i find it funny how in one breath republicans say "democrats are out to save the world" but if you ask them why do you care if he raises taxes on the rich even though you aren't one they say, "it isn't fair for the successful" :lmfao:

they have had a few independent analyst look into both McCain/Obama tax reform and Obama's will save 95% of the US more. this is a fact. biggest issue w/ republicans they say they will cut taxes but don't tell you where they plan on making cuts to provide such ;)

man
09-05-2008, 10:38 AM
yup - i find it funny how in one breath republicans say "democrats are out to save the world" but if you ask them why do you care if he raises taxes on the rich even though you aren't one they say, "it isn't fair for the successful" :lmfao:

Sounds like one step closer to communism to me.