PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Credit?

blaknoize
09-04-2008, 07:44 PM
I've always wondered, since I've been using my credit. What is the general point score for "Excellent Credit"? I ask cuz my score is high but I wonder what is excellent. Plus... I'm trying to get another card wit frequent flyer miles :D and/or car. Since u kno... I'ma black man with great credit that used to be excellent (yes really a BLACK MAN WITH CREDIT :eek: )

Is there a certain number or part number part history?

Any info would be nice.

Just found it, it's 750... oh so close... 714 :(

The_ CaneCorso
09-05-2008, 10:43 AM
714 you can get anything you want. As long as you have a long term credit with one person and do not have a high debt to income ratio. Meaning it shows you can pay something for a long time. Also opening a account drops ur score a few points and u need to make 3-6 months n time payments to get it back. If you have a CC that u have had forever keep it

Sammich
09-05-2008, 10:55 AM
SO U SAYIN THAT I DID SOMETHING DUMB WHEN I FIGURED I WAS BOOSTING MY CREDIT GETTIN THE COUCH ON CREDIT. I WAS TRYING TO BOOST MY CREDIT..I'M GOING TO HAVE IT PAID OFF IN THE TIME OF THE 6MONTHS OF HTE NO INTEREST...

BanginJimmy
09-05-2008, 10:58 AM
714 you can get anything you want. As long as you have a long term credit with one person and do not have a high debt to income ratio. Meaning it shows you can pay something for a long time. Also opening a account drops ur score a few points and u need to make 3-6 months n time payments to get it back. If you have a CC that u have had forever keep it

After your score tops 700 the only thing you can do is wait and attain a longer history. A mortgage would also give you a big jump if you dont already have one.

The only thing you may not get bottom barrel rates on is a mortgage, but everything else you try to get you will get bottom barrell. You may even get on on a mortage based on your debt to income ratio.

blaknoize
09-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Well its gone down quite a bit since I started going to school and all that. So I gotta bring it back up to 700 status. Seeing as getting loans were way easy and salesmen were eger to fuk me up when I mentioned i KNEW what my score was. This thread ended up being something else. But still, a 750 and up is considered Excellent.

blaknoize
09-05-2008, 12:27 PM
SO U SAYIN THAT I DID SOMETHING DUMB WHEN I FIGURED I WAS BOOSTING MY CREDIT GETTIN THE COUCH ON CREDIT. I WAS TRYING TO BOOST MY CREDIT..I'M GOING TO HAVE IT PAID OFF IN THE TIME OF THE 6MONTHS OF HTE NO INTEREST...No u didnt. IDK what u did, but u didnt do anything dumb.

Sammich
09-05-2008, 12:35 PM
LOL

BOUGHT COUCH THRU FINANCE COMPANY

IN EFFORT TO BUILD CREDIT SCORE

WILL BE PAID IN 6MONTHS

SO INTERESTS DOESNT START

THATS ALL I DID

The_ CaneCorso
09-05-2008, 12:40 PM
I remember when mine was 793

Hulud
09-05-2008, 01:07 PM
mine was 790 last time i checked. probably gone up some since then.

BanginJimmy
09-05-2008, 01:17 PM
LOL

WILL BE PAID IN 6MONTHS

THATS ALL I DID

I believe I was listening to Dave Ramsey when I heard that those types of loans actually hurt your credit.

Sammich
09-05-2008, 01:19 PM
freak

blackboi50
09-05-2008, 01:21 PM
LOL

WILL BE PAID IN 6MONTHS

THATS ALL I DID

man!!!! :wtf:........1

Sammich
09-05-2008, 01:31 PM
man!!!! :wtf:........1

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

AGAGGSGGGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGGSHAGGAAAGAGAGAG HAHAHAHAHA

The_ CaneCorso
09-05-2008, 10:29 PM
does it hurt cause u pay it off in 6 months? Like if you went a year it would help?

BanginJimmy
09-05-2008, 11:35 PM
I dont remember the reasoning he used, I just remember it because I thought it was odd that it would actually hurt your credit.

The_ CaneCorso
09-06-2008, 07:02 AM
well when someone looks at ur credit it hurts ur score,then when u take out the loan it hurts. So you need at least 6 months of good payments for ur score to break even right?

ironchef
09-06-2008, 07:11 AM
Theres a thing called a soft touch and a hard touch. You can look at your score all you want, and it won't affect it, because thats a soft touch. But if someone is looking at your score because you're applying for a loan of some sort, thats a hard touch, and it will affect it.

The_ CaneCorso
09-06-2008, 07:14 AM
I always thought its stupid that it affects you if someone looks at your score.

blaknoize
09-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Theres a thing called a soft touch and a hard touch. You can look at your score all you want, and it won't affect it, because thats a soft touch. But if someone is looking at your score because you're applying for a loan of some sort, thats a hard touch, and it will affect it.
Yea I heard of that (not in those exact words) from a lady thats been in the finacial business of car loans for 34 years, as she CONTINUED TO STATE. It only effects ur credit for a certain number of days or weeks, if u dont exceed a certain number of "checks" per month or whatever.

Though I dont care, cuz I hardly use my own for anything (i'ma cash only balla!!) Its nice to know somethings about this stupid game of credit.

BanginJimmy
09-07-2008, 03:57 AM
Its nice to know somethings about this stupid game of credit.

Credit score has become so damn important HS kids need to really be taught how to deal with it. Credit is damn near andatory these days, I dont care how much money you have. It affects everything from employment to insurance to rent. Americans carry more debt than any other country, and we need to gt that under control. That debt is costing us big time in the economy right now.

Sammich
09-09-2008, 10:36 AM
does it hurt cause u pay it off in 6 months? Like if you went a year it would help?

well i'm paying it off before the 6months cuz i dont want to get taxed on that bogus interest rate

The_ CaneCorso
09-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Yea when intrest incrues (sp) it sux

Sammich
09-09-2008, 11:05 AM
ITLL BE PAID OFF ON THE 6TH MONTH = LESS THAN A WEEK, NO MORE COUCH PAYMENTS..(LOOKING FOR ANOTHER WAY TO BUILD CREDIT)

blaknoize
09-09-2008, 06:30 PM
^ just keep ur original credit card and make small payment, thats all I did. I exclusively used my CC for my car insurance payment thats all and kept it that way for roughly 8 months. I never worried about a balance being on my card, cuz I left it like that on purpose. So it never actually hurt me, to my knowledge.

SL65AMG
09-09-2008, 07:39 PM

i talked to the bank and they said that as long as you show a history of at least 6 months it will benefit your score. less than that and it isnt long enough to really do much.

Sammich
09-10-2008, 08:02 AM
^ just keep ur original credit card and make small payment, thats all I did. I exclusively used my CC for my car insurance payment thats all and kept it that way for roughly 8 months. I never worried about a balance being on my card, cuz I left it like that on purpose. So it never actually hurt me, to my knowledge.

WELL I ALREADY SCREWED UP...I PAID OFF AND CANCELED THE ONE I HAD CUZ IT WAS OVERLIMIT SINCE...FOREVER.

WHOSE BEST TO GET A CC FROM?

The_ CaneCorso
09-10-2008, 10:00 AM
I have a 250 limit from first premire. I should cancel it but I have had it over a year....Also a CC with high limit looks good too.

Sammich
09-10-2008, 10:16 AM
AMEX? CAPITAL ONE?

The_ CaneCorso
09-10-2008, 10:17 AM
g/l with amex

Sammich
09-10-2008, 10:18 AM
LOL

IM LOOKING FOR RECOMMENDATIONS PUTO

ironchef
09-10-2008, 10:21 AM
AMEX is good, imo. They were recently ranked the highest on a customer satisfaction survey. After all they're the ones who made the Black Card lol.

Sammich
09-10-2008, 11:37 AM
I PREFER AFRICAN AMERICAN EXPRESS LOL

SRSLY THO IS IT HARD TO GET APPROVED?

ironchef
09-10-2008, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't say it is. I got my first Amex back before I started college, it was a Blue for Students. I didn't have much of a credit history at that point besides a low limit Bank of America credit card, and I got approved right away.

Sammich
09-10-2008, 11:55 AM
CHK IT...WOULD U RECOMMEND ME GET A CC W/ MY CREDIT UNION? I ALREADY HAVE MY CAR LOAN THRU THEM

ironchef
09-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Sure, just depends on what rates/fees and **** are associated with the credit union card. And it will probably be easier to get approved with them since you're already a customer with them. Stop typing in caps you nagger lulz.

Sammich
09-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Sure, just depends on what rates/fees and **** are associated with the credit union card. And it will probably be easier to get approved with them since you're already a customer with them. Stop typing in caps you nagger lulz.

SCREW U TURD BURGLAR LOL I WORK IN CAPS

I'M GOING TO SEE WHAT THEY SAY OR CAN DO ABOUT ME GETTING A CARD THRU THEM. I REALLY NEED TO BUILD MY CREDIT SCORE. I WANT TO GET TO 700..I THINK IM AT 670 OR 680 I THINK:thinking:

ironchef
09-10-2008, 12:03 PM
The car loan is helping to build your score as it is, as long as you're always on time and make at least the minimum payment. It does more to affect your score than a low limit credit card would. So if you don't really have a use for a credit card right now, and its not urgent. I would say hold off on getting one.

Sammich
09-10-2008, 12:05 PM
WELL YEA I ALWAYS MAKE MINIMUM OR JUST OVER MINIMUM..BUT WHAT I WANT TO DO AS WAS STATED IS TO USE IT FOR CAR INSURANCE AND I CAN USE IT NOW TO PAY OFF THE COUCH, THEN PAY THAT OFF...I HAVE REASONS I CAN USE IT..AND I CAN HOLD ON TO THAT CARD FOR A WHILE..NA MEEN?

*EDIT* I'M REALLY TRYING TO GET MY SCORE BUILT SO I CAN GET A GOOD INTEREST RATE ON A MORTGAGE...I'D EVEN LOVE TO FIND A HOUSE UNDER MARKET VALUE SO THAT I CAN PUT MY CAR NOTE UNDER THAT AND HAVE MY TITLE IN HAND

ironchef
09-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Well then apply for one lol.

Sammich
09-10-2008, 12:09 PM
THANKS HONEY LOL

The_ CaneCorso
09-10-2008, 05:56 PM
wow

blaknoize
09-10-2008, 07:58 PM
How did all that happen off of my post? Thread jackin azz!! SAMMICH IN ALL CAPS LIKE HE'S SPEAKIN NIGGAISH SHH!!

But IDK why ur so worried about it (Sammich) just pay for stuff and leave it be. I dont even pay attention to mine, so long as I pay for it. 500 credit limit bish FTW

Sammich
09-11-2008, 07:58 AM
corso hatin cuz i didnt tell him thanks:lmfao:

How did all that happen off of my post? Thread jackin azz!! SAMMICH IN ALL CAPS LIKE HE'S SPEAKIN NIGGAISH SHH!!

But IDK why ur so worried about it (Sammich) just pay for stuff and leave it be. I dont even pay attention to mine, so long as I pay for it. 500 credit limit bish FTW

but yea i am doing much better..making sure i pay off my shiz..i'm just trying to give my score a boost..na meen

The_ CaneCorso
09-11-2008, 09:15 AM
corso hatin cuz i didnt tell him thanks:lmfao:

but yea i am doing much better..making sure i pay off my shiz..i'm just trying to give my score a boost..na meen
Next time he talks $hit to you I will let my dog handle him...LOL J/K

Sammich
09-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Next time he talks $hit to you I will let my dog handle him...LOL J/K

lulz thats a violent ass threat:lmfao:

The_ CaneCorso
09-11-2008, 10:26 AM
shhhhhhhhhhhhh

blaknoize
09-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Next time he talks $hit to you I will let my dog handle him...LOL J/K I might have to let my dog out as well, na meen :D

blaknoize
09-16-2008, 12:04 PM
CHK IT...WOULD U RECOMMEND ME GET A CC W/ MY CREDIT UNION? I ALREADY HAVE MY CAR LOAN THRU THEM Heck yea. Plus, Credit Unions are nicer and more flexable with stuff to do with money. They NEED u. I love my credit union AECU BISH

Sammich
09-16-2008, 12:16 PM
HAHA..WELL I'M WAITING TO HEAR BACK FROM THEM...THEY HAVE A 10.5% INTEREST RATE..AND I'M LIKE I'M GAME FOR THAT

The_ CaneCorso
09-16-2008, 04:55 PM
I might have to let my dog out as well, na meen :D

I dont condone dog fighting, cause I dont want you to have to buy another one....J/K:taun:

blaknoize
09-18-2008, 09:26 PM
I dont condone dog fighting, cause I dont want you to have to buy another one....J/K:taun:

Well sir I was talkin bout some other dog... but u know... Sammich and his man-buns are more suited to take it. na meen my n!g :D

And hell naw... I aint messin with ur retardedly vicious dog... OMG I'd be, well it wouldnt even be a fight.