PDA

View Full Version : what the fk bellsouth

RandomGuy
09-03-2008, 08:27 PM
I am paying for their "extreme" dsl service

which is like 6.0+ mbps.... and for the past years i've been getting sh!tty speeds, wherever I test i NEVER get over 2+mbps... its really pissing me off... I have called them about it over 20 times over the past year... and they blame my computer, or something I'm like wtf i've worked in IT, i know computers... Its like this on EVERY computer i'm on, on my network.... its stupid slow

anyone know what I can do?

I would consider going to comcast or speedfactory.com, but I really need my @bellsouth.net email account... I have a lot of important stuff going there and i'm too lazy to move it over..

wOZrally
09-03-2008, 10:29 PM
i have bellsouth the main computer gets 100mbps and wireless will get 56mbps...

ATK_Designs
09-03-2008, 11:02 PM
If that's the case, then it's fraudulent advertisement. They charge you for the service that they couldn't deliver. But before that, double check before making any claims (use a new computer, direct connect to the DSL, bypass all routers, and check the speed). I'm sure when you talk to the manager, they'd arrange something.

I'm surprised that they didn't arrange for the techs to come out and look at your line. I'm having similar problem with Comcast where I just canceled their TV service and my internet went from 8Mbps to less than 1Mbps.