PDA

View Full Version : Need info on Bseries ring gears, Dseries guys theres interesting stuff in here foryou

-S Double C-
09-03-2008, 04:22 PM
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2276278

To start of with i was reading up on another individuals thread off of H-T. Well i have been planing on being one of the few in the US with this tranny im attemting to use which will include a 86-89 CG integra tranny mated to my d16z6 block. D-series trannys are known for sucky gear ratios, and known to break or go out pretty quickly after reaching power levels of 400+. The purpose of the hybrid tranny is the transmission is essentially like a tougher b-series transmission that bolts up to sohc d-series blocks. And on the 86-89 CG integra, 5th gear is on the outside of the case. kinda like how people replace 5th gear with a handcuff, well this one has a handcuff built into the trans and you dont have to get rid of 5th gear. The gear ratios are much shorter than the z6/y8 trans....more comparable to a GSR tranny. Now to get to the point....Ive already aquired everything for the conversion but my LSD. I understand that he is using a B16 OBX lsd and everything droped right in. My question is i picked up a b16 KAAZ Lsd off H-T with a LS ring gear and i need to know if they are the same or if i will need a b16 ring gear before i drop it in my tranny.
Thanks!

-S Double C-
09-04-2008, 09:24 PM
guess im about then only one who knows about tranny internals or how to tear apart and rebuild one

BTEC
09-04-2008, 09:32 PM
b16 and ls diffs are different sizes so if the kaaz has a ls ring gear then a b16 gear wont fit.