PDA

View Full Version : Misc The Quran still in its purist form - untouched.

AtifSajid
08-31-2005, 12:18 PM
FYI

Two of the original manuscripts of the Qur'an prepared 1400 years ago still exist today; one is in the Topkapi Saray Museum in Istanbul, Turkey, and the other in Tashkent, Russia. Both of these are identical in content with the Qur'an available all over the world today.

It is in our religion Islam to memorize the Quran. This has been an established way for thousands of years, since the Quran was first revealed. So that is one of the major ways the Quran has stayed purified.

In the last century, an Institute of Munich University in Germany collected forty two thousand copies of the Glorious Qur'an including manuscripts and printed texts produced in each period in the various parts of the Islamic World. Research work was carried out on these texts for half a century, at the end of which the researchers concluded that apart from copying mistakes, there was no discrepancy in the text of these forty-two thousand copies, even though they belonged to the period between the 1st Century to the 14th Century of the Islamic era (roughly from the seventh to the twentieth century of the Common Era), and had been procured from all parts of the world. This institute, alas, perished in the bombing attacks on Germany during World War II, but the findings of its research project survived.

Another point that must be kept in view is that the word in which the Qur'an was revealed is a living language in our own time. It is still current as the mother tongue of about a hundred million people from Iraq to Morocco. In the non-Arab world too, hundreds of thousands of people study and teach this language.

The grammar of the Arabic language, its lexicon, its phonetic system and its phraseology, has remained intact for fourteen hundred years. A modern Arabic-speaking person can comprehend the Glorious Qur'an with as much proficiency as did the Arabs of fourteen centuries ago. This, then, is an important attribute of Prophet Muhammad (p). The Book that God revealed to him for the guidance of mankind exists today in its original language without the slightest alteration in its vocabulary.

Jaimecbr900
08-31-2005, 02:50 PM
That is some really cool stuff right there.

I'd heard people say that before, but I found it hard to believe. I guess I stand corrected then. ;)