PDA

View Full Version : to many things

J-ROCK
09-02-2008, 10:01 PM
was talkin to fast tech about this earlier and wanna know how many people are in this same situation! how many of you have to many projects or have one project then come across a deal and pick up another project!

Motivation
09-02-2008, 10:07 PM
it happens... it causes one project never to get finished. Instead of finishing it, you just start a new one...

BTEC
09-02-2008, 10:11 PM
yeah, i feel you. i was gonna build an ae86, got the engine and tranny sat in, one mount made, and went back to hondas. ae86 been sitting under a tree for bout 4 years.

FlipKing
09-02-2008, 10:11 PM
I had a project....it broke me

FasTech
09-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Jason, I'm just trying to save you some money! I know it seems to be a good deal, and Josh is my buddy, but you do not need that shell. Your just gonna invest some money then wind up selling it and losing more money than when you started. Friend to friend, I'm just giving you the best advice I can. Just put the money into your Mustang and call it a day.

alpine_aw11
09-02-2008, 10:14 PM
My ongoing Jeep project has left me with an empty wallet for the past two years. I can't imagine what I'm going to be buying up when I'm out in the world and have established myself.

BTEC
09-02-2008, 10:16 PM
honestly building cars in general are a waste of money if u think about it. unless u make money with wht u build its just a sink hole. y do we do it, other than the fact that we love it? who knows.

J-ROCK
09-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Jason, I'm just trying to save you some money! I know it seems to be a good deal, and Josh is my buddy, but you do not need that shell. Your just gonna invest some money then wind up selling it and losing more money than when you started. Friend to friend, I'm just giving you the best advice I can. Just put the money into your Mustang and call it a day.

yeah that corona opened my eyes to the fact that i still gotta build this stang! lol plus that coupe would break me every paycheck cause i would be investing all money into the body worklol

Motivation
09-02-2008, 10:25 PM
honestly building cars in general are a waste of money if u think about it. unless u make money with wht u build its just a sink hole. y do we do it, other than the fact that we love it? who knows.

It might be a sinkhole financially... but as highlighted above,
That is the only reason that is needed. It is better to spend our money on something we enjoy, something we can take pride in, than to just waste it on something we don't really like doing.

It opens a lot of opportunities working on vehicles, beyond the car itself. You meet new people, gain knowledge, get to help people, and you see people you don't even know that will try to help you. Just because of a common interest... Just my :2cents:

J-ROCK
09-02-2008, 10:28 PM
That is the only reason that is needed. It is better to spend our money on something we enjoy, something we can take pride in, than to just waste it on something we don't really like doing.

It opens a lot of opportunities working on vehicles, beyond the car itself. You meet new people, gain knowledge, get to help people, and you see people you don't even know that will try to help you. Just because of a common interest... Just my :2cents:

very true! alot of the people i meet like cars and have more knowledge than i have or the other way around!

alpine_aw11
09-02-2008, 10:30 PM

We love it, and stock cars are boring. That's why I've never understood the JDM trend of spending thousands of dollars to make your car look like another stock car. But to each his own, we all do it for the same reasons.

J-ROCK
09-02-2008, 10:41 PM
We love it, and stock cars are boring. That's why I've never understood the JDM trend of spending thousands of dollars to make your car look like another stock car. But to each his own, we all do it for the same reasons.

some cars look sick stock! lol

BTEC
09-03-2008, 05:07 AM

well said. the part that sucks about it all it once you finally get to a point you think ur car/truck is looking good, u can never relax bc somebody else is trying to figure out how to steal it bc they dnt want to work as hard as you do to get what u have.

Red_Phoenix
09-03-2008, 08:41 AM
I own 5 cars....can't help it....it's like an addiction.

BTEC
09-03-2008, 09:33 AM
i own 3 and i agree.

Red_Phoenix
09-03-2008, 09:36 AM
i own 3 and i agree.

Its horrible..My heart bleeds when it comes to saving an old skool car from the crusher....:cry: so I end up draging it home. I fix it to a drivable stateand by then I find another one.....My future home will be a 2 story wearhouse. Cars on the 1st floor and apartment on 2nd lol!

Nerdsrock22
09-03-2008, 10:20 AM
I had to sell my 1981 civic cause it was beyond hope...sad day for all.

Feel your pain man.

Red_Phoenix
09-03-2008, 11:05 AM
I had to sell my 1981 civic cause it was beyond hope...sad day for all.

Feel your pain WOman.

Fixed:D

Nerdsrock22
09-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Fixed:D

my b. my b. :goodjob:

J-ROCK
09-03-2008, 10:12 PM

yeah ive been through 3 or 4 and then i get in a tight spot and end up selling them!

jcs
09-03-2008, 10:30 PM
well bud like i told tyler..if you dont get its going to the scrape yard so its cool for whatever...and personally the body work isnt to bad.

J-ROCK
09-03-2008, 10:42 PM
well bud like i told tyler..if you dont get its going to the scrape yard so its cool for whatever...and personally the body work isnt to bad.

im planning on getting it cause from wut i saw it was straight cept for that quarter panel! oh yeah lip looks good as he!! on the hatch

ksniperfox
09-03-2008, 11:01 PM
that only ends up happening to stupid people who have poor planning and cant finish what they start, or what they already have on their plate. not a good quality in a person.

J-ROCK
09-03-2008, 11:39 PM
that only ends up happening to stupid people who have poor planning and cant finish what they start, or what they already have on their plate. not a good quality in a person.

i agree with you! every project ive started i havent planned the expenses out and ended up needing the money for other things!

J-ROCK
09-04-2008, 03:20 PM
well i bout to get a civic coupe and thats it for my car buying for a while