PDA

View Full Version : Misc Tips to speed up metabolism?

Nemesis
09-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Today I start my workout regiment and lately in the past year Ive noticed my metabolism slowing down and my job (in which I sit a lot) has been causing me to pack on a few pounds LOL Any tips from our health gurus?

SlowsterCivy
09-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Run :)

EJ25RUN
09-02-2008, 03:15 PM
run a mile + do like 1000 sit ups a day.

Nemesis
09-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Ok, my workout is really just consisting of running , running, and more running. :)

mocha latte cupcake
09-02-2008, 03:19 PM
then you need to do something different you're body has built up a small (immunity) to running, go swimming, climb hills on your run no just a flat surface, change your diet, jump rope basically do a different exercise than your doing now and make sure to do it for @ least 30 minutes!

iEvo
09-02-2008, 07:35 PM
ur body will start to speep up with ur workouts. some cardio will deff help also

Benefit
09-02-2008, 07:39 PM
eat alot and crap alot

Deke
09-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Building muscle mass is the best way to build your metabolism as far as I've heard. Look up HIIT (high intensity interval training), also lift. Running will definitely shed pounds and calories, but I don't think it's going to do a lot for your metabolism.

I don't claim to be any expert though as I'm not the most in shape person. I just know that I did hiit + lifting for awhile and definitely noticed I was a whole lot hungrier (and was losing weight). For some reason or another I fell off the wagon though.

Hulud
09-02-2008, 08:23 PM
you need to eat breakfast.

Benefit
09-02-2008, 08:31 PM
fuk 3 meals a day and eat 10 small meals a day

The Youngn
09-02-2008, 08:43 PM
You're supposed to eat a lot of small meals throughout the day. Rather than eating the portion that you're eating now....eat smaller portions and more frequently on a daily basis. I read somewhere that it's suppose to speed up your metabolism.

Give "Reaper" a PM. James just got his certification for personal training. He'll definitely have some helpful information

The12lber
09-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Today I start my workout regiment and lately in the past year Ive noticed my metabolism slowing down and my job (in which I sit a lot) has been causing me to pack on a few pounds LOL Any tips from our health gurus?
Cardio a few days a week and full body weight training on alternate days for three days during the work week would be a good start.c

Reaper
09-03-2008, 08:16 PM
You're supposed to eat a lot of small meals throughout the day. Rather than eating the portion that you're eating now....eat smaller portions and more frequently on a daily basis. I read somewhere that it's suppose to speed up your metabolism.

Give "Reaper" a PM. James just got his certification for personal training. He'll definitely have some helpful information

thanks Johnny but you already hit the nail on the head. Several meals throughout the day in SMALL portions...3part carbs, 2 part protein, 1 part fat. You eat in smaller portions and your stomach will literally shrink.

HIGH REPS LOW WEIGHT, since your trying to lose weight you want to tone instead of bulk. reps of 10-15 and sets of 3 to 4.

STRETCH BEFORE AND AFTER A WORKOUT!!! If you get hurt, your just going to gain weight and your not going to be able to do anything about it.

Abs every other day

Cardio daily, switch your cardio up though, don't just do a treadmil...elliptical, bicycle etc...

Same thing with exercises, if you did 1 workout style one week, change it up the next!!!

www.bodybuilding.com is a great place to find exercises for ALL muscles and you can easily change it up weekly!!

Just a basic example....

Mon-"pushing" (chest, triceps, abs, cardio)
Tuesdays-cardio
Wed-"pulling" (back, biceps, abs,cardio) make sure you do 2x's as many exercises with your back than your chest...you don't wanna look like a gorilla after a while...it'll naturally pull your shoulders back.
Thursdays-cardio
Fridays-Legs, abs, shoulders, cardio

Go to GNC or www.vitacost.com (http://www.vitacost.com) and get you a Animal Pak. It'll help with your metabolism and give you the vitamins ya need as well as energy.

Are you taking any suppliments? What kind of workout have you started? Whats your height/Weight? You can PM me if you'd like. take in ONLY water and milk(during meals only). Water throughout the day will keep you full. Just understand your gonna piss alot lol.

hope this helps:cheers:

Nex
09-03-2008, 08:18 PM
take some nitrix and feel the pump !! http://store.bsnonline.net/detail/nitrix.html

The Youngn
09-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Oh yea. I'm good. I'll give you some of my metabolism George.

Reaper
09-03-2008, 08:25 PM
take some nitrix and feel the pump !! http://store.bsnonline.net/detail/nitrix.html

overrated.

Don't worry about those kind of supplements till your body fat has decreased a little...all they are going to do is keep mass on you.

AND DON"T TAKE FAT BURNERS!!! Once you stop taking them you gain your weight back!!!

Kyle
09-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Stick your finger down your throat lardo.
:D

Nex
09-03-2008, 09:30 PM
smoke cigarettes you could lose weight LOL j.k

JASONBALL
09-03-2008, 10:23 PM
I think it was reaper that suggested body building site. that site is awsome. I'm on there also.

HIIT FTW.

cardio of all sorts nothing less that 30 mintues.

fully body works are great 3 times a week. the more muscle the more fat burned. but you not looking to bulk to concentrate on your repition and lift like a marathon runner.

stay away from supplements. Take a good Multi V. clean up the diet.

Think like this all the crap eaten is burned in the first 20-25 mintues after that your start burning the fat that makes a person fat.

hope this helps. trail running is great work out. gives you challenges through out the course and you don't get bored.

BTEC
09-03-2008, 10:31 PM
this dude i work with is a body builder. he said green tea speeds up ur metabolism. or can wrk 3 manual labor jobs like me, not have time to eat and lose weight. i dnt lose or gain. i graduated in 98 and still havent gained a fuhkin pound!!!

i need to gain like 30 pounds. ill be a freaking MOSTER!!!!!

JASONBALL
09-03-2008, 10:35 PM
well green tea. I think shows the signs of speeding up the metab. but I believe more it is a natural dieretic.

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
09-04-2008, 01:01 AM
the key to weight lose is proper diet with a combination of working out.
cardio is the key to losing fat fast because you burn alot of calories running or doing cardio.

eat healthy= goal should be a good big healthy breakfast to start the day. 3 good snacks (fruits etc..) and 2 other healthy meals.

If you work out in the morning cut carbs after lunch. if you work out later its okay to eat carbs but dont eat to much.

the key of losing weight is burning more calories than you consume. its simple and thats what all good weight loss programs will tell you. 3500 calories= 1lb.... so ideally if you cut 500 calories each day or burn off by working out or whatever you do you will lose 1lb. in the beginning you may not see results because you will be replacing fat with muscle and the mass density is higher so you may actually gain weight but that should not discourage you from the plan.

just research good diets high in protein low in carbs. cut out sodas and drink water not just sport drinks filled with sugar but water. drink a sport drink to replenish sodium loss but just remember that is added calories. get protein in your body so you can build muscle.

change up your workout plan every few weeks and dont cheat yourself. use proper technique to avoid injuries.. work out abs.. do leg lifts, weighted ab pull downs etc.. just research some good excercises and be dedicated to your plan its not hard to do it. I have lost about 13lbs over the course of 6month like this and i have put on alot of muscle mass.

I started at about 158lb at 5'5 and now im around 145 but alot more lean.
I was probably down to 165 then bench now i am 225lb. Im not a big guy and i know it but the gains that i have had are huge. i know bench is not form of overall strength but im just showing the gains and the improvement form proper diet and excercise.

record your progress, take pictures if you have to, write down excercises completed and the weight etc..

I only take multivitamin pills and amino acid pills from advocare which creates lean muscle mass.

toxxxic
09-04-2008, 01:03 AM
eat a bunch of small meals & snack throughout the day... keeps your metabolism going.

annnd. if you havent done this already, cut out soda & pretty much everything except water =)

i've lost like 10 pounds in the past month JUST by cutting out junk drinks. i ONLY drink water & diet soda.

Reaper
09-04-2008, 01:08 PM
the key to weight lose is proper diet with a combination of working out.
cardio is the key to losing fat fast because you burn alot of calories running or doing cardio.

eat healthy= goal should be a good big healthy breakfast to start the day. 3 good snacks (fruits etc..) and 2 other healthy meals.

If you work out in the morning cut carbs after lunch. if you work out later its okay to eat carbs but dont eat to much. -WRONG! Carbs give you energy..As long as you take in GOOD CARBS you take them in all day long, NOTHING PAST 8pm.

the key of losing weight is burning more calories than you consume. its simple and thats what all good weight loss programs will tell you. 3500 calories= 1lb.... so ideally if you cut 500 calories each day or burn off by working out or whatever you do you will lose 1lb. in the beginning you may not see results because you will be replacing fat with muscle and the mass density is higher so you may actually gain weight but that should not discourage you from the plan. -Ok..you've got the right idea

just research good diets (Diets are bull****, eat "right" and change it up daily...different diets work for different people...carb starve sh*t is pointless).high in protein low in carbs(Wrong again, 3part Carb, 2 part protein, 1 part fat.). cut out sodas and drink water not just sport drinks filled with sugar but water.drink a sport drink to replenish sodium loss but just remember that is added calories. get protein in your body so you can build muscle. (thats better)

change up your workout plan every few weeks(Every WEEK not every few weeks...But you've got the right Idea) and dont cheat yourself. use proper technique to avoid injuries.. work out abs.. do leg lifts, weighted ab pull downs etc.. just research some good excercises and be dedicated to your plan its not hard to do it. I have lost about 13lbs over the course of 6month like this and i have put on alot of muscle mass.

I started at about 158lb at 5'5 and now im around 145 but alot more lean.
I was probably down to 165 then bench now i am 225lb. Im not a big guy and i know it but the gains that i have had are huge. i know bench is not form of overall strength but im just showing the gains and the improvement form proper diet and excercise.

record your progress, take pictures if you have to, write down excercises completed and the weight etc..

I only take multivitamin pills and amino acid pills from advocare which creates lean muscle mass.

wrong again dude...Multivitamins yes...amino acid(basic form of protien) is essential but you can just take a protein shake instead...for every pound you weigh, take in 1-1.5grams of protien DAILY!

Overall not a bad right up, I'm just critical cuz this is what I do for a living. Reps:goodjob:

ShooterMcGavin
09-04-2008, 03:26 PM
small meals, snack during the day (every 3-4 hrs) to keep your system going.