PDA

View Full Version : Selling To Carmax?

hellomynameiscarlos
08-31-2008, 08:39 PM
Just wondering if anyone had sold a car to Carmax before. I am trying to sale my Focus and have already lowered the price to about 1800 below the trade-in values i got from kbb and edmunds. Was just wondering if when i go up there if i should be looking to somewhere around a suggested trade-in quote or if they are gonna try and screw me?
Thanks

AirMax95
08-31-2008, 08:46 PM
You will get screwed.....my friend is a Buyer for them. Sell it private party.

hellomynameiscarlos
08-31-2008, 08:48 PM
alright.. you guys will prob see it up on here in a few days if anyone is in the market for a good deal on an 07 focus with low miles that is very well taken care of.
thanks again

scabtastic
09-01-2008, 12:29 AM
they offered me 4500 for my 04 dodge ram, that i bought in october for 14k

DC2NR
09-01-2008, 01:01 AM
that's how they do it ... they buy it and sell if for a profit ... they don't buy it and drive it around. I mean what's the point of buying a car from someone for 13,000 and selling if for 14,000? barealy any profit for a big company. But yea your best bet is Autotrader. Gl with the sale.

Z33_kid
09-01-2008, 01:20 PM
ur gonna get screwd if u sell to them dont do it post it on ia or craigslist or autotrader

tony
09-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Even if they give you a good deal (I sold one car to them for a good price) it will take for ****ing ever for their check to clear. I had to wait two weeks which sucks cause I had to wait that long before buying another car.

JDMJAYDC2
09-01-2008, 02:13 PM
autotrader ftw and with the way gas is your focus should be gone in no time at all

Grimm Reeper
09-02-2008, 12:10 AM
You will get screwed.....my friend is a Buyer for them. Sell it private party.

Awwwww T.P lol I was gonna ask if that was you, but all I had to do was read the whole resume and it was a done deal lol

they offered me 4500 for my 04 dodge ram, that i bought in october for 14k

Dodge holds no value, you lose like 3 grand once you drive it of the lot.

Kaiser
09-02-2008, 06:37 PM
I know plenty of buyers for them, almost worked there. Typically carmax sells for well over what you could get the car for elsewhere, that way they can offer you more than a regular stealership can. Of course the other benefit is that they'll buy the car without you having to buy from them, it's a guaranteed sale and if you need the car off your hands and own it free and clear it's guaranteed cash. Of course it's not gonna be the most you could sell it for. You could private party it for slightly less than retail and get nearly what Carmax is gonna get for the car. Of course that'll take time and some effort to do though. It's all a tradeoff.

Scab: Why'd you pay 14k for an '04 Dodge ram? Besides that, why would you expect them to give you anything for an enormous truck with gas over $3 a gallon still? The Carmax lot in Kennesaw used to be filled with stuff like G35 and BMW 3 series and 350z's and WRX's. Now it's filled with '05 and '06 or newer trucks and big SUV's. I know at least for Kennesaw if you're giving them something older than '05 it's going straight to auction, which means they're gonna get maybe NADA Trade in value, if that, when they sell it.

scabtastic
09-03-2008, 12:38 AM
to be honest with you no idea, bought it cash from Carl Black (my mistake)...I wasnt expecting 14k back, but i wasnt thinking they'd offer me 5 grand for it.