PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Questions

95accordEX
08-29-2008, 06:32 PM
I posted a thread about boosting my ep3 on stock internals and someone gave me the advice that if if it was done right and only ran about 8psi i should be fine so my next question is (prolly a noob question but oh well) should i get a turbo kit off ebay? it looks legit and i dont have the cash to spend on a turbonetics or other nice kit. here is a link to the kit. lmk your opinion

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Complete-Turbo-Kit-Honda-Civic-Si-02-05-EP3-K20-Bolt-on_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ010QQitemZ 200249490878QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Also How much do you think it would cost to install it, tune it etc... ? and where is a good place to take it? thanks

Gutling
08-29-2008, 06:39 PM
You get what you pay for. I think one of the biggest problems with ebay turbo kits is the turbo goes out real fast.

1NonlyAccord
08-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Looks decent..still need some other things tho.
im running an turbo off ebay and its fine if you use an oil restrictor so you wont blow the seals.

95accordEX
08-29-2008, 08:43 PM
thanks guys, any advice on how much and where to install it?

turbob20
08-29-2008, 09:09 PM
as i just saw the other guy is right...the kits work great exept try to use a oil restrictor on the turbo inlet because it seems that under full pressure the oil pushes past the seals and burns oil. then maybe later you can just save and upgrade the turbo.

MR.EM1
08-29-2008, 09:17 PM
to give u an idea i just spent $3000 (with BRAND name parts) used turbo kit from ia and other random stuff and a full car tune cost $420.

best save up and do it right...remember

cheap+fast= not reliable
fast+reliable= not cheap
cheap+reliable=not fast

eYezs1ck
08-29-2008, 10:11 PM
everyone wants to go ebay. go big or go home. although, ebay intercoolers and piping are okay. i wouldnt buy anything else as far as turbo parts ebay brand. i use to own a boosted car with stock internals, it sucked! only ran 5psi cause i was skechy about it blowing up. my advice bulit it and run 10+ PSI. MAKE POWER, NOT EXCUSES. are you planing to run a FMU or hell no

95accordEX
08-29-2008, 10:34 PM
After some research and advice im thinkin maybe a supercharger would be my best bet. Although, i dont know much at all about superchargers i think maybe this would be the better option... I found a site with a jackson racing "street" kit for about 2400. Im guessin it includes everything necessary for install and it claims it doesnt need tuning. Can anyone help me out here? thanks

http://www.octanemotorsports.com/Turbo-Kits-&-Superchargers-SuperChargers/c1191_1192/p2216/02-05-Honda-Civic-Si-Street-SuperCharger-System-Jackson-Racing/product_info.html

leobond001
08-29-2008, 11:38 PM
dude let me know if you need help installing. i'm getting my ep back on the road and willing to help out a fellow ep'er

1SOL2NV
08-30-2008, 12:05 AM
do it cheaply ... do it twice .,... GET A BETTER KIT SAVE MONEY!!!!

BTEC
08-30-2008, 12:15 AM
the tubular ebay manifolds sucked donkey nuts. i hear the cast ones are ok. the turbos got ALOT better. The intercooler and piping are fine. Superchargers on hondas are a waste of money to me. give u a lil more power and are pretty reliable but ur gonna hate spending the money and still getting killed by turbo cars. Well i would.

if u just want a little more power and reliability, go supercharger. if u want to the option to go fast (with the option to turn ur boost dwn and just have a little more power) and be reliable, get a good turbo kit whether it be bought from a reputable company or made by a shop that does quality work and stand behind it.. ie Mainstream. Lastly, its your car so do what makes you happy.

95accordEX
08-30-2008, 07:10 AM
dude let me know if you need help installing. i'm getting my ep back on the road and willing to help out a fellow ep'er

I will! thanks man

scttydb411
08-31-2008, 10:56 AM
btec and a couple have explained it pretty well.

never believe anyone that a boosted kit doesn't need to be tuned. it's either way too conservative and is not going to be anywhere near it's potential and rich or will blow up.

point being...get what ever you get tuned.

MR.EM1
08-31-2008, 01:08 PM
After some research and advice im thinkin maybe a supercharger would be my best bet. Although, i dont know much at all about superchargers i think maybe this would be the better option... I found a site with a jackson racing "street" kit for about 2400. Im guessin it includes everything necessary for install and it claims it doesnt need tuning. Can anyone help me out here? thanks

http://www.octanemotorsports.com/Turbo-Kits-&-Superchargers-SuperChargers/c1191_1192/p2216/02-05-Honda-Civic-Si-Street-SuperCharger-System-Jackson-Racing/product_info.html

i think this is ur best bet for s/c be like scotty said GET IT TUNED and DO IT ASAP!!!!!