PDA

View Full Version : Mccain Supporters: How do you Feel about his VEEP Pick

Kevykev
08-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Sarah Palin

-only a governor for two years -ALASKA
-involved in a scandal regarding "Removing an officer" because he was involved with here sister,
-5 children last one born in April.

EXPERIENCE has been Mccain's number one attack against Obama and he makes this bold move!

Ready to be President?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/625767/sarah_palin_for_vice_president_john.html

Lizbiz101
08-29-2008, 09:51 AM
I am shocked by this choice. But I think he may be using her to get back on America's good side. The way people reacted with Hillary maybe they will react the same with Sarah. Just my 2 cents.

Vteckidd
08-29-2008, 09:55 AM
I think its BRILLIANT.

SO he chooses someone with LESS EXPERIENCE so now the democrats cannot POSSIBLY attack her on that because Obama has none as well.

They prob just now empowered the woman vote, this gives even more of the Hilary femi-nazis a reason to jump ship to Mccain

This is prob the best move he could have done.

AirMax95
08-29-2008, 09:58 AM
I am shocked by this choice. But I think he may be using her to get back on America's good side. The way people reacted with Hillary maybe they will react the same with Sarah. Just my 2 cents.

Oh noes, McCain is going after the fem nazi's!!!!

As much as I hate to say it, GOOD MOVE, minus the scandal. Now we are going to have the VP banging her secretary in passionate lesbian scandal :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Kevykev
08-29-2008, 09:59 AM
I think its BRILLIANT.

SO he chooses someone with LESS EXPERIENCE so now the democrats cannot POSSIBLY attack her on that because Obama has none as well.

They prob just now empowered the woman vote, this gives even more of the Hilary femi-nazis a reason to jump ship to Mccain

Some people will truly recognize the point of this thread.

PLEASE NO PARAGRAPHS!

MistaCee
08-29-2008, 10:00 AM
I think it was a wise choice in him picking a woman. He can make his campaign at least a bit exciting now. Theres enough dirt on Mccain to not have to worry about bashing her experience though.

tony
08-29-2008, 10:05 AM
I'm very suprised. I just got back from Alaska a few weeks ago and the scandal with her Brother in Law is front and center right now, she is not vetted by any means.

But I'm always happy to see a fellow Alaskan do something big so congratulations to her. She's a beautiful lady too, I have no criticisms for her at this point.

4dmin
08-29-2008, 10:15 AM
wise choice? um for first couple weeks until they figure you she has no reason to be on the ticket. people are like who? what are her credentials? exactly. obviously a strategic move on the republican party to calm down the media frenzy on obama - in the end don't think she will do well.

tony
08-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Think about this, Sarah Palin is going to have to directly debate Joe Biden on a national stage.. what do you think is going to happen?

This is where experience is seriously going to hurt her, she's on a huge stage now.. we're no longer in Wasilla, AK.

Vteckidd
08-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Think about this, Sarah Palin is going to have to directly debate Joe Biden on a national stage.. what do you think is going to happen?

This is where experience is seriously going to hurt her, she's on a huge stage now.. we're no longer in Wasilla, AK.
People said the same about Bush vs Gore in 2000 and Gore lost.

Gore was supposed to destroy Bush in the debates and he didnt.

Also LOL at talking about lack of experience when you like OBAMA

Kettle meet the pot

tony
08-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Biden vs. Palin is MUCH different from Bush vs. Gore. I didn't say she's not qualified because of the lack of experience, read all the way through.. I said it will hurt her when it is time to debate Biden who is the designated attack dog with 30+ years of experience and a VERY good debater.

BobbyFresco
08-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Biden is going to eat her cookies and laugh while he's doing it...
and wow....if Mccan't dies while in office we have a hormonal, irrational, pms'ing woman to look forward to as the leader of this country. Way to pander to all the whiny ass soccer moms who are mad because Obama didn't pick Hillary Clinton.

TheGodfather
08-29-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm pissed. Now I am not and never was a huge McCain fan, he just isn't right wing enough for me, this ends any chance of me voting for him.

A woman?! Seriuosly...what the hell?

I hated his amnesty BS, but I was starting to hope he'd changed about that. But a woman running with him? Nope.

MistaCee
08-29-2008, 11:10 AM
People said the same about Bush vs Gore in 2000 and Gore lost.

Gore was supposed to destroy Bush in the debates and he didnt.

Also LOL at talking about lack of experience when you like OBAMA

Kettle meet the pot

Exactly now what is McCain going to use?

BanginJimmy
08-29-2008, 11:39 AM
McCain can still use the experience angle as Palin is the only one of the 4 that ahs any executive experience.

I do think this is a political move, as is every other VP. Palin will steal away some of Obama's Hillary supporters. She will hurt him even more with the blue collar. She will further hurt his washington insider attacks.

At the very least, Palin will neutralize Biden and IMO give a bit of a push to McCain in areas that Obama was already struggling.

Nerdsrock22
08-29-2008, 11:43 AM
I think its BRILLIANT.

Solid points. This gives McCain a freshness that he was lacking.

plus.

shes hot.

Spektrewing386
08-29-2008, 11:48 AM
shes also married to an oil tycoon

tony
08-29-2008, 11:50 AM
McCain can still use the experience angle as Palin is the only one of the 4 that ahs any executive experience.

I do think this is a political move, as is every other VP. Palin will steal away some of Obama's Hillary supporters. She will hurt him even more with the blue collar. She will further hurt his washington insider attacks.

At the very least, Palin will neutralize Biden and IMO give a bit of a push to McCain in areas that Obama was already struggling.

I'm amazed that:

A. You think a VP pick has that much influence

B. You think she garners Clinton supporters. Understand, those women loved CLINTON, had Obama picked a woman they still would have criticized him and McCain is no different. Furthermore they followed Hillary cause she is QUALIFIED on day 1 to be president, Palin is not. Don't be so quick to assume she picks up Hillary's support base.

Maniacc
08-29-2008, 11:55 AM
The volatile issue of teaching creation science in public schools popped up in the Alaska governor's race this week when Republican Sarah Palin said she thinks creationism should be taught alongside evolution in the state's public classrooms. Palin was answering a question from the moderator near the conclusion of Wednesday night's televised debate on KAKM Channel 7 when she said, 'Teach both. You know, don't be afraid of information. Healthy debate is so important, and it's so valuable in our schools. I am a proponent of teaching both.'

jwrape
08-29-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm amazed that:

I think for me and many others that think we are screwed either way with Obama or McCain, the VP spot definately has a ton of influence. I've been waiting on those picks to sway me one way or another. Now I have to go a research each VP and hope one is better than the other because I know there are definate dis-advantages to either party and both mean I will have less money in my pocket. So now it's time to pick the lesser of the evils. :cheers:

Alan®
08-29-2008, 12:05 PM

I hink that when the time comes it will be a good debate. the only thing right now anyways i can see him using against her is that if somethng happened she's not qualified to be president. Other than that from what I just saw I like her.

Alan®
08-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Biden is going to eat her cookies and laugh while he's doing it...
and wow....if Mccan't dies while in office we have a hormonal, irrational, pms'ing woman to look forward to as the leader of this country. Way to pander to all the whiny ass soccer moms who are mad because Obama didn't pick Hillary Clinton.
LOL

Alan®
08-29-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm pissed. Now I am not and never was a huge McCain fan, he just isn't right wing enough for me, this ends any chance of me voting for him.

A woman?! Seriuosly...what the hell?

I hated his amnesty BS, but I was starting to hope he'd changed about that. But a woman running with him? Nope.
What the hell is wrong with a woman?

4dmin
08-29-2008, 12:19 PM
i'm wondering who is taking care of her 5 month old down with syndrome while she is off trying to get Cheney's job? sorry guys but this was done for pure shock value by the republicans she doesn't stand a chance in the debates. biden is the strongest guy out of all them ;)

alpine_aw11
08-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Eh, Biden is a strong political figure but his previous statements about Obama are going to get picked apart. With this Palin there isn't much to criticize, seeing as other than her little recent scandal she has been key in exposing a lot of GOP corruption. I say it's a strong choice. Also, you can't necessarily say she wont steal some of Clinton's fanbase because she was getting votes on the same premise as Obama is. She's a woman, so some women will come to support that, just like much of the black community has come to support Obama. It's all relative. I would like to see how this little scandal involving her brother in law plays out though, could be a problem.

TheGodfather
08-29-2008, 12:37 PM
What the hell is wrong with a woman?

Women are not the same kind of leaders as men, and have no business running this country.

There are way too many of these stupid feminazis (thanks Rush), that run around and say how they can do anything men can do and they are independent and no man will hold them down.

Well if they didn't suck at so many things, IE, driving, working, etc, it wouldn't be a problem.

Women are not leaders, they shouldn't be in charge, they don't belong in a leadership position in the United States of America.

A woman VP is almost as communist as Barak Osama wanting everyone to speak Spanish and not have people learn english.

Maniacc
08-29-2008, 12:38 PM
I guess the Republicans think that since Hillary isn't the VP pick, that she'll stop talking and won't say anything else to help Obama? They are really patting themselves on the back. Palin has weaknesses, as usual the mainstream media will be all "How will the Democrats respond?" while Fox and the right-wingers go full-out for Palin, without bothering to see if they contradict themselves.

Nerdsrock22
08-29-2008, 12:41 PM
A woman VP is almost as communist as Barak Osama wanting everyone to speak Spanish and not have people learn english.

:thinking:

http://www.willisms.com/archives/manifesto.gif

you might want to re-read this...

*edit: that ls looks really good! :goodjob: *

Alan®
08-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Women are not the same kind of leaders as men, and have no business running this country.

There are way too many of these stupid feminazis (thanks Rush), that run around and say how they can do anything men can do and they are independent and no man will hold them down.

Well if they didn't suck at so many things, IE, driving, working, etc, it wouldn't be a problem.

Women are not leaders, they shouldn't be in charge, they don't belong in a leadership position in the United States of America.

Wow are you :screwy:

Alan®
08-29-2008, 12:51 PM
I guess the Republicans think that since Hillary isn't the VP pick, that she'll stop talking and won't say anything else to help Obama? They are really patting themselves on the back. Palin has weaknesses, as usual the mainstream media will be all "How will the Democrats respond?" while Fox and the right-wingers go full-out for Palin, without bothering to see if they contradict themselves.
Mean while ONN, I mean CNN ;) , Will do what they did when clinton was running and be completely condescending and continue to blow the Obama-Biden ticket.

4dmin
08-29-2008, 01:09 PM
i'm wondering who is taking care of her 5 month old down with syndrome while she is off trying to get Cheney's job? sorry guys but this was done for pure shock value by the republicans she doesn't stand a chance in the debates. biden is the strongest guy out of all them ;)

^ anyone want to touch this?

Alan®
08-29-2008, 01:10 PM
I fail to see the relevance. Who cares so long as she is doing her job.

Nerdsrock22
08-29-2008, 01:13 PM

Probably the father? Or perhaps grandparents?

The mother isn't the only person that can raise a child.

BanginJimmy
08-29-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm amazed that:

Typically I would agree with you, but this election is different. Either side should be able to relate as to why.

Obama, there will be an assassination attempt by some nutcase. Will it ever get to the point where a shot is fired or a bomb exploded, probably not, but there will be an attempt made.

McCain, he is, in fact, old. He is in good health now, but he does have a history of skin cancer. He is also moving into a very high stress job. There is the chance that his health could make it impossible for him to serve.

In both of these cases the VP may be needed to step in so the American people must know what they are getting.

B. You think she garners Clinton supporters. Understand, those women loved CLINTON, had Obama picked a woman they still would have criticized him and McCain is no different. Furthermore they followed Hillary cause she is QUALIFIED on day 1 to be president, Palin is not. Don't be so quick to assume she picks up Hillary's support base.

I'm not saying that she will draw Hillary supporters by the millions, but she will have an impact on some. There have also been MANY that have moved to McCain just to keep Obama out of office.

As far as qualified, I dont think anyone is fully qualified on day 1. Hillary does have the most experience with the day to day grind of Presidential life though. Now that Hillary is out of the picture though, I think McCain = Biden on experience and Palin trumps Obama.

Alan®
08-29-2008, 01:24 PM
I think McCain = Biden on experience and Palin trumps Obama.
:goodjob:

BanginJimmy
08-29-2008, 01:27 PM
I fail to see the relevance. Who cares so long as she is doing her job.

As far as I am concerned she was able to do her job as Gov of alaska both very pregnant, and with a newborn.

Then the kid also has a father that is still around, grown siblings and when necessary, the mother.

twinj
08-29-2008, 01:32 PM
McCain just gift wrapped it for the Democrats.

Alan®
08-29-2008, 01:36 PM
McCain just gift wrapped it for the Democrats.
How do you figure :thinking: .

twinj
08-29-2008, 01:56 PM
God forbid if something happen to McCain (74yrs old), but who will run the country if something happen. Not his VP with no more than 20 months experience. By the way who is she? McCain bashed Obama for the lack of Experience.

bigdare23
08-29-2008, 02:00 PM
I believe this was a smart move for McCain campaign-wise, but it also showed his true colors. To me, this move showed that winning the election is more important than us, the voters. While Obama had the opportunity to pretty much wrap up the election by naming Hillary as his VP, he chose to go another route and pick someone that would actually complement him and help him achieve his goal of bettering the country. On the other hand, McCain selected the worst possible running mate out a group of well qualified candidates just to appeal a particular group of individuals and that’s BS. Now if McCain gets elected, we are going to have this truly inexperienced person presiding over the Senate. :rolleyes:

4dmin
08-29-2008, 02:01 PM
God forbid if something happen to McCain (74yrs old), but who will run the country if something happen. Not his VP with no more than 20 months experience. By the way who is she? McCain bashed Obama for the lack of Experience.

HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT HER THAT WAY SHE WAS WASILLA CITY COUNCIL MEMBER! WAIT DID I SAY WASILLA? DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THAT IS? :thinking:

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME THIS WAS REPUBLICANS SECRET WEAPON :lmfao:

tony
08-29-2008, 02:04 PM
As far as I am concerned she was able to do her job as Gov of alaska both very pregnant, and with a newborn.

Then the kid also has a father that is still around, grown siblings and when necessary, the mother.

I'd love to see the Governor of say.. Louisiana or Florida go and take time off while they are pregnant. Again, its a state with 700k people.. Mayors deal with more crap than she deals with in the entire state.

tony
08-29-2008, 02:05 PM
HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT HER THAT WAY SHE WAS WASILLA CITY COUNCIL MEMBER! WAIT DID I SAY WASILLA? DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THAT IS? :thinking:

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME THIS WAS REPUBLICANS SECRET WEAPON :lmfao:

Wasilla in population is comparable to maybe ehh.. Cherokee county, but not even that. People go out there to camp and get high, not much to regulate there.

twinj
08-29-2008, 02:06 PM
I believe this was a smart move for McCain campaign-wise, but it also showed his true colors. To me, this move showed that winning the election is more important than us, the voters. While Obama had the opportunity to pretty much wrap up the election by naming Hillary as his VP, he chose to go another route and pick someone that would actually complement him and help him achieve his goal of bettering the country. On the other hand, McCain selected the worst possible running mate out a group of well qualified candidates just to appeal a particular group of individuals and that’s BS. Now if McCain gets elected, we are going to have this truly inexperienced person presiding over the Senate. :rolleyes:
^That too

Nerdsrock22
08-29-2008, 02:06 PM
*edit: nevermind the joke has passed.*

sorry bout that.

in other news....

Wasilla in population is comparable to maybe ehh.. Cherokee county, but not even that. People go out there to camp and get high, not much to regulate there.

Valid point.

4dmin
08-29-2008, 02:34 PM

prime example Gwinnett County has almost 75k more people then the entire state of Alaska :goodjob:

so you guys would feel comfortable w/ mayor of Lawrenceville running your country ... i mean i would b/c he atleast had 22k people to deal w/ compared to 5k Palin did :lmfao:

Alan®
08-29-2008, 03:13 PM
I'd love to see the Governor of say.. Louisiana or Florida go and take time off while they are pregnant. Again, its a state with 700k people.. Mayors deal with more crap than she deals with in the entire state.
From what I read she took 2 days off.

4dmin
08-29-2008, 03:24 PM

this is how you think your VP should be measured - b/c my VP of choice wouldn't have a new born with down syndrome to worry about and i would require them to have major exp in the area of LAW.

tony
08-29-2008, 03:31 PM

Do you still believe the stork comes and drops a baby off or something? Please tell me you dont believe that, women can be in labor for 24 hours straight, you think she delivered a young boy with down syndrome and went back to work the day afterward? LOL

4dmin
08-29-2008, 03:34 PM
funny quote by Palin recently :lmfao:\/

As for the prospect of her being vice president, Palin told Kudlow that she could not answer the question of whether she wanted the job “until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day. I’m used to being very productive and working real hard in an administration. We want to make sure that that VP slot would be a fruitful type of position, especially for Alaskans and for the things that we’re trying to accomplish up here.”

Kevykev
08-29-2008, 04:56 PM
My point was proven.

.::UNKNOWN::.
08-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Do you still believe the stork comes and drops a baby off or something? Please tell me you dont believe that, women can be in labor for 24 hours straight, you think she delivered a young boy with down syndrome and went back to work the day afterward? LOL i can bc my mom was at work on a monday when she went into labor with my little sister and was back at work on wednesday

AtLRSX-S
08-29-2008, 05:04 PM
SHE IS HOT I WOULD BEAT THAT ****!

Alan®
08-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Do you still believe the stork comes and drops a baby off or something? Please tell me you dont believe that, women can be in labor for 24 hours straight, you think she delivered a young boy with down syndrome and went back to work the day afterward? LOL
Wait a tick. How many babies are born each day and mom goes home either same day or next day.

BobbyFresco
08-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Wait a tick. How many babies are born each day and mom goes home either same day or next day.

Edit: for some odd reason I misread your post and answered accordingly....:thinking:

Nerdsrock22
08-29-2008, 07:12 PM
SHE IS HOT I WOULD BEAT THAT ****!

that's hard-hitting political commentary right there folks. :lmfao:

Hulud
08-29-2008, 10:09 PM
not voting republican now. this seems to be a way to show the republicans that he will still stay true to the party cause mccain is a pretty liberal republican in comparison to some.

i dont really agree with most of what palin has done. only agree with a couple things.

all i know is that we will finally be getting somewhat away from the fat old white men that ran the country. atleast its a start to some change.

mm2654
08-29-2008, 10:13 PM
I think you missing the point that she will be second in line, when Obama is first in line and has a severe lack of experience. Unless McCain Dies in the first six months or so she will have time to learn as VP. Because of his age McCain will more than likely only be a one term President even if he lives through his entire term, your only talking about him surviving for 4 years. So I think the experience card is still in play but with slightly diminished effectiveness.

Hulud
08-29-2008, 10:20 PM
I think you missing the point that she will be second in line, when Obama is first in line and has a severe lack of experience. Unless McCain Dies in the first six months or so she will have time to learn as VP. Because of his age McCain will more than likely only be a one term President even if he lives through his entire term, your only talking about him surviving for 4 years. So I think the experience card is still in play but with slightly diminished effectiveness.
who are you talking to? use quotes

Hulud
08-29-2008, 10:36 PM
separation of church and state is important to me and it won't happen with someone like palin in the white house

mm2654
08-31-2008, 12:00 AM
who are you talking to? use quotes

Sorry bout that, it was not aimed at any specific person more or less aimed at anyone questioning her experience when Obama has a clear lack of experience and he would be at the top of the democrat ticket.

separation of church and state is important to me and it won't happen with someone like palin in the white house

While I like what i know bout her on fiscal issues, i am socially much more moderate and some of her views do concern me like teaching creationism, I have no problem with it being discussed in school as long other theories like evolution and the big bag theory are discussed to. Further more I believe it is vital that our children are taught about sex, ideally this should be taught by parents but many parents just are not very knowledgeable about the subject or just dont have the conversation with their children. I personally would like to see them stress STDs a little more I know that had a profound effect on me growing up and in many ways changed the I looked at sex.

alpine_aw11
08-31-2008, 01:00 AM

That's something that definitely will never happen. Especially with a democratic congress. It wont matter who gets elected, separation of church and state is untouchable.