PDA

View Full Version : Obama DNC Speech

Alan®
08-28-2008, 11:19 PM
Post all comments and thoughts in here.

My overall impression. Much like all the analysts are saying I think that the speach was mostly old style democratic garbage. I also thought that it still sounds too much like all the rest of his speech's ........EMPTY. More of the same I'm going to do this but no specifics. He has AGAIN said how much he would love to debate McCain but has time and time again declined to do so. Unfortunately for him however he will not be able to run for much longer and he will not be able to keep giving empty speech's for much longer.

JITB
08-28-2008, 11:20 PM
lol who u voting for?

stephen
08-28-2008, 11:29 PM
...I also thought that it still sounds too much like all the rest of his speech's ........EMPTY. More of the same I'm going to do this but no specifics...

i'm just curious...what in particular have you heard him say he was going to do, and not give any specifics??? maybe i heard something tonight (most importantly) that you didn't.

Alan®
08-28-2008, 11:31 PM
i'm just curious...what in particular have you heard him say he was going to do, and not give any specifics??? maybe i heard something tonight (most importantly) that you didn't.
Come on man pick an issue. Here I'll give you one. He has been talking about it more and more lately but has yet to actually say how he plans to make getting a college education easier. I'm sorry but personally I don't think the government should be paying for our college educations.

JITB
08-28-2008, 11:34 PM
Come on man pick an issue. Here I'll give you one. He has been talking about it more and more lately but has yet to actually say how he plans to make getting a college education easier. I'm sorry but personally I don't think the government should be paying for our college educations.

do u have financial aid?

Alan®
08-28-2008, 11:36 PM
do u have financial aid?
nope sure don't. What's that got to do with the price of tea in china?

TIGERJC
08-28-2008, 11:38 PM
do u have financial aid?
DADDY PAYS for it
:rolleyes:

He talks like he works a real damn job and is actually supporting himself.

JITB
08-28-2008, 11:39 PM
nope sure don't. What's that got to do with the price of tea in china?

so u dont believe in financial aid at all?

Alan®
08-28-2008, 11:40 PM
DADDY PAYS for it

Yes Daddy pays for my tuition. Again someone answer the damn question, what does that have to do with the price of tea in China.

JITB
08-28-2008, 11:40 PM
DADDY PAYS for it

u can tell obama really got them upset!!

im confused who he is tryin to convince.....lol

Dirty Octopus™
08-28-2008, 11:42 PM
well shít... i think financial aid is a blessing to many Americans. Not everyone is as fortunate as YOU and can afford schooling on their own or have the luxury of getting certain loans because they fall in a certain categories.

Dirty Octopus™
08-28-2008, 11:43 PM
Yes Daddy pays for my tuition. Again someone answer the damn question, what does that have to do with the price of tea in China.
What does the price of tea in China have to do with you not having financial aid? :thinking:

TIGERJC
08-28-2008, 11:43 PM
I think it is funny that you make a lot of comments like the gov't shouldn't pay for this, but u haven't been out on your own yet and paid your own way. PPl like you are the reason why I view republicans as stuck up as.s.hole who only live in their box and can't even grasp the idea that a lot of ppl don't grow up with your advantages

Alan®
08-28-2008, 11:46 PM
I think it is funny that you make a lot of comments like the gov't shouldn't pay for this, but u haven't been out on your own yet and paid your own way. PPl like you are the reason why I view republicans as stuck up as.s.hole who only live in their box and can't even grasp the idea that a lot of ppl don't grow up with your advantages
LOL at you knowing how I grew up dude. Trust me dude I haven't always had it as good as I do now.

Dirty Octopus™
08-28-2008, 11:47 PM
LOL at you knowing how I grew up dude. Trust me dude I haven't always had it as good as I do now.
please respond to my posts :goodjob:

JITB
08-28-2008, 11:48 PM
what is your reasoning behind this thread?

Dirty Octopus™
08-28-2008, 11:49 PM
i think just to start a mess

but its probably going to fireback

Alan®
08-28-2008, 11:50 PM
so u dont believe in financial aid at all?
No no no Hell no I do but I just don't see the point in the government throwing more money at this. I only see the government attacking this "issue", and I use the term losely because I feel that there are more important issues at hand, one of two ways. The first is by regulating it. and 2 by either offering something losely based on the Hope(Which I think is a great program) or awarding some kind of tax credit.

TIGERJC
08-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Hopefully you get another taste of that unfortunate life and when you're at rock bottom I bet your thought process on the matter will change

Alan®
08-28-2008, 11:51 PM
please respond to my posts :goodjob:
I'm getting to you man having to move **** around give me one sec :goodjob:

JITB
08-28-2008, 11:52 PM
http://dontclickthis.whatingods.name/baracknomnom.jpg

bigdare23
08-28-2008, 11:52 PM
another one of those lame anti-obama threads.... {roll eyes}

Dirty Octopus™
08-28-2008, 11:53 PM
okay he's not replying to me in a timely enough fashion. im leaving.

Alan®
08-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Hopefully you get another taste of that unfortunate life and when you're at rock bottom I bet your thought process on the matter will change
Wow. That's pretty low liger but eh. Whatever I expected as much you usually don't have much to offer in the way of these things but insults. If you don't want to contribute to the overall discussion then don't but don't sit here and do smething as malicious as to wish I "hit rock bottom"

Alan®
08-28-2008, 11:54 PM
well shít... i think financial aid is a blessing to many Americans. Not everyone is as fortunate as YOU and can afford schooling on their own or have the luxury of getting certain loans because they fall in a certain categories.
I also believe finacial aid is a blessing but how many BILLIONS of dollars in scholarship money are awarded each year by private organizations.

Dirty Octopus™
I'm getting to you man having to move **** around give me one sec :goodjob:
sall good. you took too long.
im hittin' the hay.

ive lost the drive to quarrel. :goodjob:

bigdare23

I agree 100%

So if your family can't afford to put you in college you shouldn't go?!? :???:

Alan®
08-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Reasoning :thinking: Ummm I just wanted to see what people thought of it is all.

Zeeb
08-28-2008, 11:55 PM
**** arguing politics... Its like trying to beat up a wall... Its retarded and no one will agree.

bigdare23
08-28-2008, 11:58 PM
I also believe finacial aid is a blessing but how many BILLIONS of dollars in scholarship money are awarded each year by private organizations.

But why are they doing it?!? I promise you if it wasn't for tax breaks or to change public opinion of their companies they wouldn't "invest" so much in education.

TIGERJC
08-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Wow. That's pretty low liger but eh. Whatever I expected as much you usually don't have much to offer in the way of these things but insults. If you don't want to contribute to the overall discussion then don't but don't sit here and do smething as malicious as to wish I "hit rock bottom"
A few ppl on this board don't have to worry about money, but for the rest of us it can quickly go away in a heartbeat. I guess I expect more from Christens, Doesn't the book say something about caring for your brother?

Alan®
08-28-2008, 11:59 PM
But why are they doing it?!? I promise you if it wasn't for tax breaks or to change public opinion of their companies they wouldn't "invest" so much in education.
Who cares though? Hell if I wanted to go to college to better my life do you really think I would care why people were offering up the money? Hell no. I'd figure out a way to get it and take advantage of it.

bigdare23
08-29-2008, 12:01 AM
**** arguing politics... Its like trying to beat up a wall... Its retarded and no one will agree.

I agree 100%

It's these "Obama is the devil" people. I can count on one hand how many anti-McCain threads that were created this past year, but on the other hand it would take both my hands and feet to count the amount of anti-Obama threads in just one week. These guys really need to quit.

Alan®
08-29-2008, 12:01 AM
A few ppl on this board don't have to worry about money, but for the rest of us it can quickly go away in a heartbeat. I guess I expect more from Christens, Doesn't the book say something caring for your brother?
I disagree with you on this. I believe for ALL of us it can go away in a heartbeat. And I'm sorry man I'm gonna be honest with you but I'm not a huge religious person and I hardly go to church except for holidays, special ocasions, etc. and maybe thats why your s and my line of thinking usually tends to be different. Not saying there's anything wrong with that just simply pointing that out.

JITB
08-29-2008, 12:02 AM
I agree 100%

It's these "Obama is the devil" people. I can count on one hand how many anti-McCain threads that were created this past year, but on the other hand it would take both my hands and feet to count the amount of anti-Obama threads in just one week. These guys really need to quit.

they know more about obama, than they do about their own presidential decision... its outrageous and not even worth commenting.

TIGERJC
08-29-2008, 12:04 AM
I disagree with you on this. I believe for ALL of us it can go away in a heartbeat. And I'm sorry man I'm gonna be honest with you but I'm not a huge religious person and I hardly go to church except for holidays, special ocasions, etc. and maybe thats why your s and my line of thinking usually tends to be different. Not saying there's anything wrong with that just simply pointing that out.I dont care if their is a god or isn't, I thought I read a thread awhile back you was talking about religion in

bigdare23
08-29-2008, 12:05 AM
they know more about obama, than they do about their own presidential decision... its outrageous and not even worth commenting.

:lmfao:

You're right.

stephen
08-29-2008, 12:06 AM

i got around to answering a little late, but you answered HALF of the question yourself. it was mentioned tonight, that he'd offer a $4000 tax credit for college students (that's $4000 less that daddy will have to spend on you). i don't recall hearing it tonight, but he did previously talk about increasing educator's salaries...more money grabs the attention of people who are more capable of teaching, but don't feel like they can "live" off of the salary. more capable teachers, increases the value of your education. and when the government pays for your education...THAT'S STILL DADDY'S MONEY....HIS TAX MONEY.

any other issue you need me to clarify???

Alan®
08-29-2008, 12:07 AM
I dont care if their is a god or isn't, I thought I read a thread awhile back you was talking about religion in
:thinking: Sorry man don't think so.

Alan®
08-29-2008, 12:09 AM
i got around to answering a little late, but you answered HALF of the question yourself. it was mentioned tonight, that he'd offer a $4000 tax credit for college students (that's $4000 less that daddy will have to spend on you). i don't recall hearing it tonight, but he did previously talk about increasing educator's salaries...more money grabs the attention of people who are more capable of teaching, but don't feel like they can "live" off of the salary. more capable teachers, increases the value of your education. and when the government pays for your education...THAT'S STILL DADDY'S MONEY....HIS TAX MONEY.

any other issue you need me to clarify???
Yea ok and if I hit my goal of 1/2 million inside of 7 years of graduating college it's going to be my money.

stephen
08-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Yea ok and if I hit my goal of 1/2 million inside of 7 years of graduating college it's going to be my money.

well...technically it will....$4000 a year that you can keep in your piggy bank might help you reach that goal. as much as i despise income taxes, i understand the ideology behind it. when you experience a little more in life, you will be grateful when the government is willing to put that money into something you can use. maybe something like...your kids education (they need money for school buildings, paying teachers, providing transportation, etc.)...or maybe you might lose that 1/2 million dollar job and need to file unemployment to make ends meet...the list goes on. the problem is you don't understand what obama is telling you. obama tells you that he'll put your money into things that you need in everyday life. meanwhile, mccain LITERALLY said he's prepared to spend it on 100yr fight with iraq...you tell me...how would you prefer to see your 1/2 million spent???

bigdare23
08-29-2008, 12:26 AM
well...technically it will....$4000 a year that you can keep in your piggy bank might help you reach that goal. as much as i despise income taxes, i understand the ideology behind it. when you experience a little more in life, you will be grateful when the government is willing to put that money into something you can use. maybe something like...your kids education (they need money for school buildings, paying teachers, providing transportation, etc.)...or maybe you might lose that 1/2 million dollar job and need to file unemployment to make ends meet...the list goes on. the problem is you don't understand what obama is telling you. obama tells you that he'll put your money into things that you need in everyday life. meanwhile, mccain LITERALLY said he's prepared to spend it on 100yr fight with iraq...you tell me...how would you prefer to see your 1/2 million spent???

Don't waste your time. They will never get the point.

Alan®
08-29-2008, 12:37 AM
I always love how statements like these are taken out of context and twisted. That is neither here nor there.

This is my point I guess really is that his DNC speech seemed like more of the same and to be honest in most of his speeches like I said before he hasn't said much except "he wants to help the working american". Which to me I'm sorry but I think anyone who has an actual job paying a **** ton of money is still a working american.

Clegger
08-29-2008, 01:00 AM
RedGT do you even see what is going on around you? Do you know how messed up our economy is because of the trillions weve spent (borrowed from other countries) on the war. Plus all of the money that is spent on buy oil from the middle east.

You wonder how obama is going to pay for all of this...

just imagine all of the money we are going to get from not being at war
+
money were saving in the future by not having to rely on the middle east for oil

oil is a short term solution or what I like to call a "band-aid" fix

McCain has his mouth so wrapped around the middle easts tit he cares more about making them happy than he does for more than 100 million middle class americans

If you really think that we are going to get attacked by foreign nations because of obama and not mccain then thats fine, we'll see what happens. But as our economy goes, its in the toilet and 4-8 more years of another bush mirror mexicos pesos are going to be worth more than our dollar

Alan®
08-29-2008, 01:10 AM
RedGT do you even see what is going on around you? Do you know how messed up our economy is because of the trillions weve spent (borrowed from other countries) on the war. Plus all of the money that is spent on buy oil from the middle east.

+
money were saving in the future by not having to rely on the middle east for oil

oil is a short term solution or what I like to call a "band-aid" fix

McCain has his mouth so wrapped around the middle easts tit he cares more about making them happy than he does for more than 100 million middle class americans

If you really think that we are going to get attacked by foreign nations because of obama and not mccain then thats fine, we'll see what happens. But as our economy goes, its in the toilet and 4-8 more years of another bush mirror mexicos pesos are going to be worth more than our dollar
Yea I do see it.

Ok we pull out of Iraq in 16 months as proposed now (BTW because of a surge that worked that Obama voted against because he said it owuld never work :rolleyes: ). But then why do 2 of the things that he proposes. 1 being raising taxes on the top 5% and why single out certian industries and raise their taxes? That doesn't make sense to me.

Antoher thing I found funny about obama's speech is that his energy plan almost mirrors that of McCain's energy plan.

Where did I say anything about us getting attacked by foreign nations because of one canidate or another? :thinking:

Clegger
08-29-2008, 01:15 AM
Where did I say anything about us getting attacked by foreign nations because of one canidate or another? :thinking:

I just threw that in there because i didn't know where you stood on that

a lot of republicans are scared that as soon as obamas in office russia, korea, and iran are going to butt rape us all at once blah blah blah scare tactics i hate them

...anyway

I guess hes just trying to take out some of the greed that america has, and help out the less fortunate

I dunno, I know rich people dont like giving their money away because they worked hard for it (or maybe they didnt)

but seriously if you made 500 billion dollars, dont you have enough money already? are you really going to miss only making 475 billion?

Clegger
08-29-2008, 01:17 AM
also i forgot to ask... are you part of that top 5%... is that really affecting you and your familys well being?

also isnt there some crazy stat out there about 90% of the money in the US is owned by 2% of the Jews?

stephen
08-29-2008, 01:22 AM
I always love how statements like these are taken out of context and twisted. That is neither here nor there.

This is my point I guess really is that his DNC speech seemed like more of the same and to be honest in most of his speeches like I said before he hasn't said much except "he wants to help the working american". Which to me I'm sorry but I think anyone who has an actual job paying a **** ton of money is still a working american.

so you tell me...what context it supposed to be in???

your opinion in general just frustrates me, because it has only one basis "when i get my 1/2 million dollars." YOU STILL HAVE TO GET TO THAT POINT. you're still going to have to go out there and find that career job after school...and with the current political ideas, it's probably like finding a needle in a haystack.

trust me man, i directly relate to a lot of things he speaks about (in relation to my future goals). i went to college...and was fortunate enough to earn a GOVERNMENT scholarship. i graduated, went out trying to find a job...what did i find??? people telling me my education was fine, but i had no experience, and companies laying people off in my field. i get a job outside of my field (starting at $10.50hr, working 44+ hours a week), and build up LOTS of experience in it (managed to get a few certifications)...even became a manager. then what...i get laid off and replaced by 2 mexican dudes WITHOUTH WARNING...lol, on a monday morning at that. i still have to survive, and if the government has to take from people like my boss in order to help me...then i'm all for it.

Alan®
08-29-2008, 01:22 AM
I just threw that in there because i didn't know where you stood on that

a lot of republicans are scared that as soon as obamas in office russia, korea, and iran are going to butt rape us all at once blah blah blah scare tactics i hate them

...anyway

I guess hes just trying to take out some of the greed that america has, and help out the less fortunate

I dunno, I know rich people dont like giving their money away because they worked hard for it (or maybe they didnt)

but seriously if you made 500 billion dollars, dont you have enough money already? are you really going to miss only making 475 billion?

Dude you hit the nail on the head. It doesn't matter how much money anyone makes. And I don't get why they only want to do it to certian industries I.E. Oil. If you're going to raise taxes on corporations At least do it across the board.

As far as the foreign policy issue. I'd have to go back and look at where he stands now but last I heard I didn't like it. :no:

Alan®
08-29-2008, 01:25 AM
also i forgot to ask... are you part of that top 5%... is that really affecting you and your familys well being?

also isnt there some crazy stat out there about 90% of the money in the US is owned by 2% of the Jews?
I'm not personally but yea my family is.

Clegger
08-29-2008, 01:27 AM
As far as the foreign policy issue. I'd have to go back and look at where he stands now but last I heard I didn't like it. :no:

He wants to use diplomacy first, strong action last

basically actually talk like human beings and try to work things out, instead of going head first and blowing our load all over a countrys face

If I may quote bill clinton

aug 27th 2008

"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power."

Alan®
08-29-2008, 01:31 AM
so you tell me...what context it supposed to be in???

your opinion in general just frustrates me, because it has only one basis "when i get my 1/2 million dollars." YOU STILL HAVE TO GET TO THAT POINT. you're still going to have to go out there and find that career job after school...and with the current political ideas, it's probably like finding a needle in a haystack.

trust me man, i directly relate to a lot of things he speaks about (in relation to my future goals). i went to college...and was fortunate enough to earn a GOVERNMENT scholarship. i graduated, went out trying to find a job...what did i find??? people telling me my education was fine, but i had no experience, and companies laying people off in my field. i get a job outside of my field (starting at $10.50hr, working 44+ hours a week), and build up LOTS of experience in it (managed to get a few certifications)...even became a manager. then what...i get laid off and replaced by 2 mexican dudes WITHOUTH WARNING...lol, on a monday morning at that. i still have to survive, and if the government has to take from people like my boss in order to help me...then i'm all for it.

The point he was making as I recalled was that we would stay until the job was finished.

Sorry if my opinons are frustrating but I'm not generally in favor of taking someone's money it doesn't even half to be mine and giving itt to someone else.

As far as that needle in a haystack. I'm going into the security field and the money's there you just gotta know how to get it. Obviously I got a long way to go but for now I'm taking it one day at a time and keeping my eye on the prize :goodjob: .

Clegger
08-29-2008, 01:34 AM
lol mccain give +reps when +reps are due

Check this out

I went to mccains site and it had this video

http://johnmccain.com/

scroll down to see the video

Alan®
08-29-2008, 01:36 AM
yea they played that during the speech tonight.

stephen
08-29-2008, 01:52 AM
The point he was making as I recalled was that we would stay until the job was finished.

Sorry if my opinons are frustrating but I'm not generally in favor of taking someone's money it doesn't even half to be mine and giving itt to someone else.

As far as that needle in a haystack. I'm going into the security field and the money's there you just gotta know how to get it. Obviously I got a long way to go but for now I'm taking it one day at a time and keeping my eye on the prize :goodjob: .

i guess i looked at it wrong because i feel like the job should've been finished, or atleast stayed where it started. the country can't afford to fund it for a 100 years...whether the job gets done then or not.

as far as taking a chunk of the rich folks money...well it's not all bad. what options do you think people CHOOSE when they hit rock bottom? i'm sure there's a large percentage that result to "criminal" activity. maybe they'll rob that millionaire, and hurt their family in the process. maybe they'll be the dope dealer that sells the millionaire's kids meth, heroine, crack, etc. if you can understand mccain spending your tax money on a fight across the ocean, then you should be able to understand why obama feels he NEEDS the help of the fortunate, to support the HONEST less fortunate.

Tech5
08-29-2008, 01:56 AM
Obama!!! = Fail!

Alan®
08-29-2008, 02:09 AM
i guess i looked at it wrong because i feel like the job should've been finished, or atleast stayed where it started. the country can't afford to fund it for a 100 years...whether the job gets done then or not.

as far as taking a chunk of the rich folks money...well it's not all bad. what options do you think people CHOOSE when they hit rock bottom? i'm sure there's a large percentage that result to "criminal" activity. maybe they'll rob that millionaire, and hurt their family in the process. maybe they'll be the dope dealer that sells the millionaire's kids meth, heroine, crack, etc. if you can understand mccain spending your tax money on a fight across the ocean, then you should be able to understand why obama feels he NEEDS the help of the fortunate, to support the HONEST less fortunate.
I think that's a severly flawed argument.

First off if you're kids are doing drugs then something somewhere didn't click as they were growing up.

I guess this is just me but if you stumble to the bottom and as you put it "result" to criminal activity to me that sounds like a personal problem that no ammount of government money can fix nor should it fix.

I guess the ultimate question is at what point where do you draw the line between personal responsibility and government intervention.

stephen
08-29-2008, 02:54 AM
I think that's a severly flawed argument.

First off if you're kids are doing drugs then something somewhere didn't click as they were growing up.

I guess this is just me but if you stumble to the bottom and as you put it "result" to criminal activity to me that sounds like a personal problem that no ammount of government money can fix nor should it fix.

I guess the ultimate question is at what point where do you draw the line between personal responsibility and government intervention.

flawed...call it what you want, but it's the truth. just go study a few crime vs. poverty charts, and the numbers speak for themselves. you can call it a personal issue all you want, the fact of the matter is those situations exist. ANY form of intervention is still a positive thing for ANYTHING that threatens the stability of society. regardless, that's only one aspect of the the entire tax issue. the bottom line, obama's ideas have greater positive impacts on my life. claiming that the dude hasn't "explained" how he wants to implement changes is just absolute bologna though.

good luck with the school/career thing...it can get tough. maybe in 7yrs we'll both be at 1/2 million bucks.

MachNU
08-29-2008, 06:46 AM
This thread in a nutshell!

The photo below captures a disturbing trend that is beginning to affect wildlife in the USA.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1607/bearkn4.png (http://imageshack.us)

Animals that were formerly self-sufficient are now showing signs of belonging to the Democratic Party ...

as they have apparently learned to just sit and wait for the

government to step in and provide for their care and sustenance.

Kevykev
08-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Debating with a wall indeed

I agree 100%

That's why you'll never catch me arguing politics :D It's like GT versus UGA.

I do laugh at the play on words from Mccain supporters "Let's change the GREATEST nation," "We live in the Greatest nation, join me as we try to change it" LOLOL :lmfao:

I laugh when people HAVE to TWIST words to show a point, it shows "real" strength. :lmfao:

Kevykev
08-29-2008, 07:52 AM
This thread in a nutshell!

The photo below captures a disturbing trend that is beginning to affect wildlife in the USA.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1607/bearkn4.png (http://imageshack.us)

Animals that were formerly self-sufficient are now showing signs of belonging to the Democratic Party ...

as they have apparently learned to just sit and wait for the

government to step in and provide for their care and sustenance.

You're down for the cause, did you FedEX your tax relief check back to the GOV. or did you just shred it?

:lmfao:

Vteckidd
08-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Theres nothing wrong with financial aid, i think it should be there. Hell i was fortunate to have parents that could afford to pay for me to go, and it was $11,000 a semester. NO WAY someone at 18 could pay for that on their own with out help.

Programs like HOPE and government funding for less fortunate familes are great IMO its part of the american dream. Every kid that QUALIFIES should get a chance to get a higher education. Thats what will ultimately make this a better country.

What i dont like is the Universities. I think they charge too much, i think they dont distribute the money equally, i think books are retardedly expensive, and i think too many people are getting RICH beyond imagination.

When the average college kid comes out of school with over $100,000 in debt, something is WRONG. Forget about Harvard or Yale or Princeton or MIT etc, theyll have over $400,000 in debt.

What REDGT cant seem to put into words is what Obama is famous for. Talking, but not plan of action.

He says "ILL END THE WAR IN IRAQ" but yet has NO PLAN TO DO IT and NO IDEA HOW TO DO IT

He says "ILL FIX THE ECONOMY" but has not outlined ANY economic plan nor even come close to explaining how to fix the housing crisis, overseas jobs, immigration etc.

He says "ILL END THE OIL CRISIS" but he is against drilling, and says investing in alternative fuels will work. But has no timeline, no idea, clue how long or how much it will cost.

I mean he says what people want to hear. People are upset about gas prices, economy, and the war. So what he does is say "I WILL FIX ALL THE STUFF GEORGE BUSH SCREWED UP" and people who are mostly ignorant say "YOU KNOW I WANT A GUY THAT WILL CHANGE ALL THIS BAD STUFF IM VOTING FOR HIM!"

/thread

PS I didnt watch the speech cause i refuse to give him any ratings.

//thread

Vteckidd
08-29-2008, 08:41 AM

+

Thats the typical response but you are WRONG. That money is allocated to other places .

Vteckidd
08-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Im sure people are gonna come in here and say "YOU CAN HONESTLY SAY MCCAIN IS BETTER ???!!!"

Im not happy about either candidate. But i believe the lesser of 2 evils lies with MCCain because at least you know with him what you are getting.

Obama has shown to be nothing but a puppet and a wild card IMO(if thats even possible). GOd help us all if he gets in with a democratic congress.

tony
08-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Let the youngling have his opinion, he's obviously got it all figured out in his early 20's.

To debate with him is useless, much like the rest of the folks here. If in your analysis you cannot even acknowledge how historic Obama's acceptance speech was for this country, all politics aside then obviously you are too jaded to understand what is going on in the world. Even McCain was able to do it..

blacknightteg
08-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Im sure people are gonna come in here and say "YOU CAN HONESTLY SAY MCCAIN IS BETTER ???!!!"

Im not happy about either candidate. But i believe the lesser of 2 evils lies with MCCain because at least you know with him what you are getting.

Obama has shown to be nothing but a puppet and a wild card IMO(if thats even possible). GOd help us all if he gets in with a democratic congress.

dude mike how can you criticize him when it seems like you dont give him any credit, **** you just said that you didnt watch the speech so how do you know wtf he is talking about. all im hearing from that speech is that he put to rest any doubts and or negative criticisms that people had. he straight said called out all the nay-sayers on his "lack" of political experience. Regardless, this country needs somethign new when it comes to politics. the old way just doesnt work anymore. we need a 21st century president not a 20th. Obama shows that. i think your contridicting yourself with you criticising someone and you dont watch things he does cuz you 'dont want to give him ratings' you reading things the internet and on the news is all something that is more then likely misconstrued. i get tired of people saying this and that about obama when they apparently dont take into account all the sh!t we have been through the last 8 years. nothing good has come out of these two terms, and mccain ****ing a twin to george w. bush. if this country goes republican one more time. were fuked

Vteckidd
08-29-2008, 09:00 AM
dude mike how can you criticize him when it seems like you dont give him any credit, **** you just said that you didnt watch the speech so how do you know wtf he is talking about. all im hearing from that speech is that he put to rest any doubts and or negative criticisms that people had. he straight said called out all the nay-sayers on his "lack" of political experience. Regardless, this country needs somethign new when it comes to politics. the old way just doesnt work anymore. we need a 21st century president not a 20th. Obama shows that. i think your contridicting yourself with you criticising someone and you dont watch things he does cuz you 'dont want to give him ratings' you reading things the internet and on the news is all something that is more then likely misconstrued. i get tired of people saying this and that about obama when they apparently dont take into account all the sh!t we have been through the last 8 years. nothing good has come out of these two terms, and mccain ****ing a twin to george w. bush. if this country goes republican one more time. were fuked
have you watched ANYTHING in the last 8 months>?

Im sure it was all about CHANGE last night wasnt it?

We will not be FU.CKED, we will be in trouble if Obama wins, not mccain. Contrary to the popular belief we are not THAT BADLY off.

blacknightteg
08-29-2008, 09:05 AM
have you watched ANYTHING in the last 8 months>?

Im sure it was all about CHANGE last night wasnt it?

We will not be FU.CKED, we will be in trouble if Obama wins, not mccain. Contrary to the popular belief we are not THAT BADLY off.

actaully yes as a matter of fact i have watced thingss for the past 8 months and i have not seen one thing that mccain offers that we have not had over the past 8 years. this country is in need of a differnt aspect instead of the same old shiit. lol and yes were doing pretty damn ****ty as a country, in considerable amounts of debt, the dollar not being worth ****, other countries loosing faith in us as a country so on an so forth. i do not want some guy in the white house who has intentions of repeating most of the same crap that the fag we have in the white house already has been doin.

AirMax95
08-29-2008, 09:23 AM

That is why I gave up several threads ago. I think McCain is more empty than Obama if anything. All he is doing is riding the Bush coatail just enough to get by and is more focused on slamming Obama.

To even chop up post on McCain is stupid, just follow the Bush admin and add 2 cool points, lol :lmfao:

Lizbiz101
08-29-2008, 09:24 AM
I loved watching history in the making, he is so smart. But they could have cut back on the camera shooting people crying every 2 minutes.

4dmin
08-29-2008, 09:33 AM

um how do you propose people go to college then? not everyone has mommy/daddy or some other form to pay for further education. my wife and i have over 100k in school loans and if it wasn't for the gov't we couldn't of gotten her through school. my wife is now a doctor of pharmacy.

honestly that was probably one of the dumbest statements i've heard as far as debates. anyone who thinks we need to cut back on US education is a moron. our current education system is the cause of alot of our problems - outsourcing, unemployment, etc obviously you don't get out much b/c most major countries pay for education some have it for free.

AirMax95
08-29-2008, 09:34 AM
actaully yes as a matter of fact i have watced thingss for the past 8 months and i have not seen one thing that mccain offers that we have not had over the past 8 years. this country is in need of a differnt aspect instead of the same old shiit. lol and yes were doing pretty damn ****ty as a country, in considerable amounts of debt, the dollar not being worth ****, other countries loosing faith in us as a country so on an so forth. i do not want some guy in the white house who has intentions of repeating most of the same crap that the fag we have in the white house already has been doin.

Dude, give up. You are going to get carpal tunnel arguing here. Obama broke the traditional Presidental walk to the White House, he pulled a Kennedy. He actually appeals to people. He has his plans, but noone here fill they are what America needs. They want to kill him too, lol.

go to http://origin.barackobama.com/issues/

read there, then go to http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/

Read and educate yourself. Make your own conclusion and vote.

AirMax95
08-29-2008, 09:36 AM
um how do you propose people go to college then? not everyone has mommy/daddy or some other form to pay for further education. my wife and i have over 100k in school loans and if it wasn't for the gov't we couldn't of gotten her through school. my wife is now a doctor of pharmacy.

honestly that was probably one of the dumbest statements i've heard as far as debates. anyone who thinks we need to cut back on US education is a moron. our current education system is the cause of alot of our problems - outsourcing, unemployment, etc obviously you don't get out much b/c most major countries pay for education some have it for free.

QFT :yes:

blacknightteg
08-29-2008, 09:39 AM
amen paul!

4dmin
08-29-2008, 09:46 AM
amen paul!

i just don't understand how dumb people can be... this thread sounds like a bad episode of Silver Spoons and RedGT is Ricky Schroder. this is obviously why we need better education.

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/images/q-s/silverspoons1-cov.jpg

AirMax95
08-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Our education system in Ga is piss poor alone, lol. For the smart kids, and average kids, who are in bad schools (i.e., Clayton county, dumb admins, lazy teachers, etc.) college is their savior! Tuition is going up every year and its not easy to finance it. If you really want to change the country, investing $$ in education is a top priority.

blacknightteg
08-29-2008, 09:53 AM
exactly

Alan®
08-29-2008, 09:58 AM

Wow someone please show me where I said that we need to take away from U.S. education. I believe that there needs to be a huge reform in education but it needs to come in the quality of what we are getting NOT WHAT WE ARE PAYING FOR WHAT WE ARE GETTING. This has beem my point all along sorry if I didn't communicate this well.

Alan®
08-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Theres nothing wrong with financial aid, i think it should be there. Hell i was fortunate to have parents that could afford to pay for me to go, and it was $11,000 a semester. NO WAY someone at 18 could pay for that on their own with out help.

Programs like HOPE and government funding for less fortunate familes are great IMO its part of the american dream. Every kid that QUALIFIES should get a chance to get a higher education. Thats what will ultimately make this a better country.

What i dont like is the Universities. I think they charge too much, i think they dont distribute the money equally, i think books are retardedly expensive, and i think too many people are getting RICH beyond imagination.

When the average college kid comes out of school with over $100,000 in debt, something is WRONG. Forget about Harvard or Yale or Princeton or MIT etc, theyll have over $400,000 in debt.

What REDGT cant seem to put into words is what Obama is famous for. Talking, but not plan of action.

He says "ILL END THE WAR IN IRAQ" but yet has NO PLAN TO DO IT and NO IDEA HOW TO DO IT

He says "ILL FIX THE ECONOMY" but has not outlined ANY economic plan nor even come close to explaining how to fix the housing crisis, overseas jobs, immigration etc.

He says "ILL END THE OIL CRISIS" but he is against drilling, and says investing in alternative fuels will work. But has no timeline, no idea, clue how long or how much it will cost.

I mean he says what people want to hear. People are upset about gas prices, economy, and the war. So what he does is say "I WILL FIX ALL THE STUFF GEORGE BUSH SCREWED UP" and people who are mostly ignorant say "YOU KNOW I WANT A GUY THAT WILL CHANGE ALL THIS BAD STUFF IM VOTING FOR HIM!"

/thread

PS I didnt watch the speech cause i refuse to give him any ratings.

//thread
You pretty much hit on the head. He spoke for ~45 minutes and the first 20-30 minutes it pretty much sounded like all the rest of Obama's speech's. He spent a few minutes talking about what he wants to do gave very little info on HOW.

Let the youngling have his opinion, he's obviously got it all figured out in his early 20's.

To debate with him is useless, much like the rest of the folks here. If in your analysis you cannot even acknowledge how historic Obama's acceptance speech was for this country, all politics aside then obviously you are too jaded to understand what is going on in the world. Even McCain was able to do it..

Ok Tony I have told you before if someone can show me something I haven't seen I'm all for it. I have never claimed to know everything.

You're absolutely right his speech was historic. I apologize for not saying that but for a guy that says that he's not old Washington his speech was classic democrat tactics and to be honest I was expecting more. I was really expecting to hear more on how in this speech.

SPOOLIN
08-29-2008, 11:21 AM

well that's interesting considering a huge percentage of Obama followers are in their early 20's, i find it really annoying that all these people that are young and put all this support into someone like Obama are really people at this point in time that don't own a home.. Basically, People who own nothing and have nothing to lose on such a gamble for a man that is nothing but out spoken with big charisma. I watched his speech and it was so unrealistic its almost desperate sounding bull crap.

Maniacc
08-29-2008, 11:23 AM
I heard it on the radio this morning. I was actually impressed, very well executed imo.

stephen
08-30-2008, 05:38 AM
well that's interesting considering a huge percentage of Obama followers are in their early 20's, i find it really annoying that all these people that are young and put all this support into someone like Obama are really people at this point in time that don't own a home.. Basically, People who own nothing and have nothing to lose on such a gamble for a man that is nothing but out spoken with big charisma. I watched his speech and it was so unrealistic its almost desperate sounding bull crap.

before getting annoyed with the early 20's followers...how about looking at it from the other side of the coin. maybe a lot of those followers have watched their parents lose a lot within the past 8 years. owning a home has nothing to do with being able to vote in the first place. ed mcmahon almost lost his home (and he's well past his 20's)...i guess his vote would annoy you too. by the way...donald trump (who had NEVER met mcmahon) is the only reason mcmahon has his home TODAY. i guess trump has now lost EVERYTHING (for helping a struggling American), and mcmahon (who probably USED to be in the top 5%) is just a lazy, useless individual.

candy2082002
08-30-2008, 06:43 AM
I believe that IF you really want to make it in this world you just have to do it and not wait on your government to "save" you. I don't think that the government needs to help "struggling americans" If you can't help yourself.......too bad for you. You shouldn't be rewarded for making bad choices in life. People that have money earned it one way or another and shouldn't be looked down at. I love when these rich politicians look down at their own kind. I am NO where near rich, my husband and I struggle, but we get by without help from anyone else. I do however think financial aid is a great thing, but that's just me. I don't know how Obama is going to help "Struggling Americans", but I would really like to hear how he plans on doing it.

SPOOLIN
08-30-2008, 10:23 AM
before getting annoyed with the early 20's followers...how about looking at it from the other side of the coin. maybe a lot of those followers have watched their parents lose a lot within the past 8 years. owning a home has nothing to do with being able to vote in the first place. ed mcmahon almost lost his home (and he's well past his 20's)...i guess his vote would annoy you too. by the way...donald trump (who had NEVER met mcmahon) is the only reason mcmahon has his home TODAY. i guess trump has now lost EVERYTHING (for helping a struggling American), and mcmahon (who probably USED to be in the top 5%) is just a lazy, useless individual.

are you serious? No, you can't be, people who lose their belongings for foolish spending do not count at all. Ed admitted that he spent way more than he was receiving and avoided property taxes at the same time. That is not the governments problem. Owning a home has nothing to do with voting, you are correct, but when all these young people are supporting someone who wants to take from the rich to pay for the poor and they own nothing as it stands then they have no idea what they are doing and are just supporting the big talker that is "change".
I was disgusted with the part of the speech where he talked about how the current government leaves you completely on your own which i strongly disagree anyway in that being the case. But, in my opinion, you ARE on your own and life is what you make it, the government shouldn't be there to give you everything outside of an education which is STILL NOT HARD TO GET, or safety in your community. GET A CLUE DUDE.

blacknightteg
08-30-2008, 10:36 AM
this current administration has done NOTHING for the american people but put them into debt. bush took the surplus that clinton had created and flushed it so far down the toilet. this administration has paid no attention to things goin on at home and focused more on a failing war then anything. how can you have a leader that doesnt admit that there is problems going on at home and wont do **** about it. i would rather have someone in office take inicitive(sp?) and get this country back on in the position we are supposed to be as a world power. we are completely disrespected as a nation now. bush had NO foriegn policy skills what so ever. that man is a complete moran. McCain is going to follow many of the same tactics bush did and **** us over. i dont give a damn if he's been in washing ton for almost 30 years. who cares, i dont want some old fart in the office. this country is turning into something different, a young based society. baby boomers are dwindling and having somene that appeals to them instead of the future of our country is completely rediculous.

tony
08-30-2008, 10:51 AM
are you serious? No, you can't be, people who lose their belongings for foolish spending do not count at all. Ed admitted that he spent way more than he was receiving and avoided property taxes at the same time. That is not the governments problem. Owning a home has nothing to do with voting, you are correct, but when all these young people are supporting someone who wants to take from the rich to pay for the poor and they own nothing as it stands then they have no idea what they are doing and are just supporting the big talker that is "change".
I was disgusted with the part of the speech where he talked about how the current government leaves you completely on your own which i strongly disagree anyway in that being the case. But, in my opinion, you ARE on your own and life is what you make it, the government shouldn't be there to give you everything outside of an education which is STILL NOT HARD TO GET, or safety in your community. GET A CLUE DUDE.

He also talked about personal responsibility but I guess you missed that..

VIP Style
08-30-2008, 11:51 AM
wtf do you mean empty, and wtf do you mean garbage, well i tell you what, go ahead and put another republican in the house and you will really see some garbage.
Post all comments and thoughts in here.

My overall impression. Much like all the analysts are saying I think that the speach was mostly old style democratic garbage. I also thought that it still sounds too much like all the rest of his speech's ........EMPTY. More of the same I'm going to do this but no specifics. He has AGAIN said how much he would love to debate McCain but has time and time again declined to do so. Unfortunately for him however he will not be able to run for much longer and he will not be able to keep giving empty speech's for much longer.

stephen
08-30-2008, 02:47 PM

yes, i am serious. he did say that he had bad spending habits, but there were also a number of other factors that played a role. dude had health issues wich wouldn't allow him to work, and i'm sure those issues also cost him LOTS of money (much like a lot of other Americans). lol, it's funny...you tell me to get a clue, but the SAME THINGS you say the government should give you are the SAME THINGS that obama is talking about.

you mccain supporters act like obama is out to only help the people who won't help themselves. he proposed tax breaks for lower/average income families...NEWS FLASH...you can't receive a tax break if you don't have a JOB. he proposed to tax the hell out of people who out-source american jobs in order to bring those jobs back to the american people. he proposed to financially assist the people who are students, educators, public safety personnel. he proposed to make it easier for EVERYONE to get healthcare...something even the rich need. the list goes on...but no where in his policies does he say "i'm taking from the hardworking rich, and helping the people who don't help themselves." lol, you tell me i don't have a clue...and yet, you're willing to vote for a man who's vice president is going to be someone whose biggest political proposals have revolved around the right to kill bears and wolves...goodluck with those 2. God forbid we actually end up with someone like her running our country.

Alan®
08-30-2008, 03:50 PM

I agree with what you said. i'm one of those young guys that doesn't currently own anything but I still don't see the right of the government to take away from someone who has and give it to someone who doesn't.

To adress the other part of your post that I bolded. People seem to forget this one line in the Declaration of Independence:

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness" and I think that's a big problem in this country. It's like Obama said in his speech about how one of McCain's ecconomic advisor's said that this country has become one of whiners. Obama denounced that but in reality I'm sorry it's true. People in this country want the government to do more for them yet to me it seems like no one is doing anymore for themselves than they were doing 8 years ago when Clinton left office. I said it earlier and I'll sait again. People have forgotten where to draw the line between personal responsibility and Government duty.

SPOOLIN
08-30-2008, 10:45 PM
I agree with what you said. i'm one of those young guys that doesn't currently own anything but I still don't see the right of the government to take away from someone who has and give it to someone who doesn't.

To adress the other part of your post that I bolded. People seem to forget this one line in the Declaration of Independence:

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness" and I think that's a big problem in this country. It's like Obama said in his speech about how one of McCain's ecconomic advisor's said that this country has become one of whiners. Obama denounced that but in reality I'm sorry it's true. People in this country want the government to do more for them yet to me it seems like no one is doing anymore for themselves than they were doing 8 years ago when Clinton left office. I said it earlier and I'll sait again. People have forgotten where to draw the line between personal responsibility and Government duty.

Exactly my point, now i will proceed to not respond to this thread anymore. Everyone is this country wants to be breast fed apparently.

I'm very interested to know if BET will show McCain's acceptance speech LIVE like they did OBAMA'S. If not than i am calling out a crock of bull**** on the obviously expected amount of African American support for obama who's barely considered an African American, just thought id pick at that fire slightly. If they do show it, i might feel a little better, lol.

spicyMSP
08-30-2008, 11:22 PM
All i have to say is you guys should just take a few minutes to listen to this
youtube clip called The 2nd American Revolution (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKFKGrmsBDk)

tony
08-31-2008, 09:13 AM
Exactly my point, now i will proceed to not respond to this thread anymore. Everyone is this country wants to be breast fed apparently.

I'm very interested to know if BET will show McCain's acceptance speech LIVE like they did OBAMA'S. If not than i am calling out a crock of bull**** on the obviously expected amount of African American support for obama who's barely considered an African American, just thought id pick at that fire slightly. If they do show it, i might feel a little better, lol.

But it wont change your views any so what does it matter? I've said it before, Democrats in the past have garnered 90% of the black vote and its no big deal.. thats the average number for African American vote in the democratic party. Obama gets that same figure (Gore actually had 1% more) and suddenly black people are voting for him because he's black. Where does this make sense?

Vteckidd
08-31-2008, 09:39 AM
But it wont change your views any so what does it matter? I've said it before, Democrats in the past have garnered 90% of the black vote and its no big deal.. thats the average number for African American vote in the democratic party. Obama gets that same figure (Gore actually had 1% more) and suddenly black people are voting for him because he's black. Where does this make sense?
because 90% of 1million voters is different than 90% of 50million voters.

Obama is getting the same percentage but hes getting MORE PEOPLE

tony
08-31-2008, 10:19 AM
because 90% of 1million voters is different than 90% of 50million voters.

Obama is getting the same percentage but hes getting MORE PEOPLE

Is it because he's black or because the campaign actually gets on the ground floor and puts forth an initiative to register new voters? Turnout in the Democratic primary was up a huge 2.3%.. add in Hillary Clinton to that as well.

I guess what bothers me about this whole "Black people vote for Obama cause he's black" thing is I went to North Carolina to Canvass for the campaign.. I saw the demographics, and at that registration station there were more whites than blacks by about 3 to 1. I talked to these people and they literally flew in from Maine, Arizona, Rhode Island, Texas to VOLUNTEER.. they were not paid.

Blacks only make up 15% of the population in this country, Obama is not going to win only because he is black so let it go.

Vteckidd
08-31-2008, 10:35 AM
oh im not saying that his campaign hasnt encouraged people to vote. It has and for that i commend him.

But lets face it

1) If he wins, its because he pursuaded a bunch of people for the wrong reasons

2) If he loses it will be because he was black (at least thats what people will say).

And im sorry based on the polling data and based on the information accumulated by Gallop and others, the MAJORITY of BLACK VOTERS are voting for OBAMA because HE IS BLACK. Most of them cant even tell you where he was born, where he was a senator , etc.

But im willing to say that the majority of people that are voting for him dont know much about him, they just dont want Mccain, thats it.

BobbyFresco
08-31-2008, 12:40 PM
oh im not saying that his campaign hasnt encouraged people to vote. It has and for that i commend him.

But lets face it

2) If he loses it will be because he was black (at least thats what people will say).

And im sorry based on the polling data and based on the information accumulated by Gallop and others, the MAJORITY of BLACK VOTERS are voting for OBAMA because HE IS BLACK. Most of them cant even tell you where he was born, where he was a senator , etc.

But im willing to say that the majority of people that are voting for him dont know much about him, they just dont want Mccain, thats it.

At the end of the day, who cares what who's reason for voting is.
You think everyone that is voting for Mccsame knows his agenda?
Or where he was born, his life history, or who the hell he really is?
Give me a fukin break.

Just as many people are voting for the old fart simply because he's white or simply because he's a Republican or another other number of asinine reasons.

The right to vote gives each individual the power to vote for whoever for whatever reason they see fit. That's the beauty of America and being an American. Don't like it? Tough titty.

joseph dale
08-31-2008, 12:52 PM

But lets face it

lol its no different with the mcCain supposrters, who seem to know more about obama than mcCain. You cant seperate McCains policies from anything that we have now.. and its not working. i rarely see or read McCain supporters that have EVER, posted a reason why they want mCCain. its always whats wrong with Obama.... You all spend soo much time analysing Obama suppporters, and you fail to be following your own choice. its as if Republicans spend all their energy telling democrats what they should and should not like about someone... Im like focus on your choice.. and leave the democrats alone.

BobbyFresco
08-31-2008, 01:10 PM
lol its no different with the mcCain supposrters, who seem to know more about obama than mcCain. You cant seperate McCains policies from anything that we have now.. and its not working. i rarely see or read McCain supporters that have EVER, posted a reason why they want mCCain. its always whats wrong with Obama.... You all spend soo much time analysing Obama suppporters, and you fail to be following your own choice. its as if Republicans spend all their energy telling democrats what they should and should not like about someone... Im like focus on your choice.. and leave the democrats alone.

Exactly. The only focus that Mccain's campaign has had as of late is to try to discredit Obama. Not a campaign based on a real platform and goals and resolutions, just 3rd grade mud slinging.

This is quite honestly IMO, the worst election year I have seen since I've been personally aware of the political process.

If the man mentions he's black in any context, he is using the "race card".
They attack him because he'd rather deal with countries we have conflict with through diplomacy as opposed to engaging in other costly wars:rolleyes:
They attack his family i.e wife and half brother.
How many of us have half siblings that we don't have any real interaction with? Are all of you financially responsible for your HALF siblings or even your full blooded brothers and sisters?
And all because Mccsame could not remember how many homes he owns. That's who you want to lead this country? A man that has no idea of how the average American lives?:rolleyes:
They bring up past associations with people that Obama has long since distanced himself from.

So my question is, when has Mccsame had time to focus on the real issues, those that affect us and will affect our children?

The_ CaneCorso
08-31-2008, 03:02 PM
I saw a tag the other day and it said IH8OBAMA, Thats kinda xtreme

AirMax95
08-31-2008, 06:26 PM
At the end of the day, who cares what who's reason for voting is.
You think everyone that is voting for Mccsame knows his agenda?
Or where he was born, his life history, or who the hell he really is?
Give me a fukin break.

Just as many people are voting for the old fart simply because he's white or simply because he's a Republican or another other number of asinine reasons.

The right to vote gives each individual the power to vote for whoever for whatever reason they see fit. That's the beauty of America and being an American. Don't like it? Tough titty.

Yep.......exactly!

This race is no longer poilitcal, rather a verbal assault between the candidates. I feel that a very large proportion of voter do not each candidates views on the various topics that they should.

*Now watch someone post behind me and say "its more black folk that don't know than white"*

Carry on....

stephen
08-31-2008, 09:13 PM
...And im sorry based on the polling data and based on the information accumulated by Gallop and others, the MAJORITY of BLACK VOTERS are voting for OBAMA because HE IS BLACK. Most of them cant even tell you where he was born, where he was a senator , etc.

i wonder how much of this "information" accumulated by gallop and others, includes the people who AREN'T voting for him because HE IS BLACK.... i mean damn, look at all of the people who are now voting for mccain because hilary lost, with no justifiable reason.