PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods d16 boost

Pikachu
08-28-2008, 12:52 PM
are there only some d16/d15 that you should boost

question is my friends wanting to boost the stock sohc in his 96 civic coupe D16y? it's non-vtec and the one where the throttle bodie is on top of the intake manifold sort of in the middle

are the D16Z6 vtec stronger than others

leobond001
08-29-2008, 10:37 PM
tell him not to waste his time. the money he spends on a turbo kit, he can do a h or b series swap. he' only gonna be pissed off in the long run boosting a d series.

scttydb411
08-31-2008, 11:30 AM
tell him not to waste his time. the money he spends on a turbo kit, he can do a h or b series swap. he' only gonna be pissed off in the long run boosting a d series.

lol.

it depends on his goals with whatever motor he wants to boost.

the downdraft manifold has longer, skinnier runners for more low end torque on the economy motor. if he's going to boost it i would recommend the 5 speed ex (d16y8) intake manifold because it flows better for boost.

i have a 200+whp d16y7 that's been boosted for 80k+ miles and almost 6yrs boosted. if you're looking for more than that power wise then a gsr swap w/ boost or a d-series w/ rods/pistons is what you want to lean towards. the gsr swap w/ boost will give you more versatility in the long run especially if you want to go rods/pistons and really go big.

turbob20
09-05-2008, 01:09 AM
yeah what he said,lol...