PDA

View Full Version : how should i be shooting?

sharo227
08-28-2008, 12:27 PM
should ishoot all my imagesin raw? im using a canon rebel xti and have a 4 gig card so if i shoot in raw how is that going to effect space on my card?
tyia

Nemesis
08-28-2008, 12:33 PM
should ishoot all my imagesin raw? im using a canon rebel xti and have a 4 gig card so if i shoot in raw how is that going to effect space on my card?
tyia

Shooting in raw will drastically cut down the amount of photos you can take.

At Events I shoot Raw, I carry at least 25 Gigs of cards, and a 120 GB PhotoBank.

Having 2x2 8GB UltraIIIs is where its at.

Either way, dont shoot raw if you dont know how to use it. Experiment around with it and make sure you monitor is calibrated for use.

Nemesis
08-28-2008, 12:34 PM
This gives me an idea, I should work on some documentation to have stickied in this forum for shooting.

WhiteAccord
08-28-2008, 12:50 PM
This gives me an idea, I should work on some documentation to have stickied in this forum for shooting.

You should.:goodjob:

Nerdsrock22
08-28-2008, 03:12 PM
unless you are shooting professionally, and can afford the space, I highly doubt it would be worth it to shoot RAW.

b18hb
08-28-2008, 07:17 PM
x2 I dont' shoot raw. I don't fully understand the benefits (although I am sure they are great, especially from a professional standpoint) and I don't have time to learn at the moment. Eventually, I will learn some of the finer points of digital photography as an art, but shooting high quality jpg satisfies my needs for the time being.

b16EG-HaTcH
08-28-2008, 11:03 PM

i would like some tips if you could come up w/ something. i want my pics. to look more vivid and bright. i see some nighttime shots of city's and the colors are so bright. it may all be in the editing, but anywho i have a canon digital rebel XT. thanks for any pointers or making a sticky.

.blank cd
08-28-2008, 11:17 PM
Either way, dont shoot raw if you dont know how to use it. Experiment around with it and make sure you monitor is calibrated for use.What kind of setup do you have? Its time for me to get a new computer/monitor. Mine is drastically outdated. I still have high school pictures of Jesus on here somewhere