PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News... Clayton County Schools Lose Accreditation

chrisdavis
08-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Searched for it and I didnt see this posted yet. Good job Clayton County School Board :rolleyes:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/17323636/detail.html

CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. -- Clayton County Commission Chairman Eldrin Bell told Channel 2's Tom Jones that Clayton County schools have indeed lost accreditation.

The 50,000-student school system is the first in the nation to lose accreditation since 1969, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools announced.

The loss of accreditation means students will have a tougher time getting into some colleges and universities. They may also have difficulty obtaining scholarships.

Thursday was decision day for Clayton County schools.

SURVEY: Should Clayton County Schools Have Lost Accreditation?

The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools planned to let the Clayton County school system know its decision right before a 1 p.m. news conference. Channel 2 has learned that school officials, including Eldrin Bell, got there early Thursday morning and found out its fate.

The entire process began late in 2007 when SACS began investigating the school system after board members complained about unethical behavior on the board.

SACS found the board fatally flawed and voted to revoke the 50,000 student school system’s accreditation. The school system could keep it if it met nine mandates, including training board members on policies and procedures and enacting an ethics policy.

The superintendent told Channel 2 early Wednesday he was confident the school system had met those mandates and would keep its accreditation. Superintendent John Thompson said Wednesday that the wait was nerve-wracking.

“This county can’t stand it anymore. Enough is enough. And we need to get along with the education for our children and let these other issues move on,” said Thompson.

Its also important to note, an administrative judge has recommended Gov. Sonny Perdue toss four school board members off the board for their ethical violations. Perdue said he will make that decision as soon as possible.

eViLMunkey
08-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Sucks for them

Revmaynard
08-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Lol.

The BUCKY
08-28-2008, 12:21 PM
crazy

Dr.G35
08-28-2008, 12:23 PM
:lmfao:

tony
08-28-2008, 12:27 PM
geezus.. I'll just go ahead and say it cause theres no other explanation. Dumb Ass Black Folks.. as if blacks don't get enough stereotypes we go and **** up an entire school system.

BobbyFresco
08-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Georgia on the map again......and not for a good reason. surprise.

Brett
08-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Good to see the board members are still on the board :rolleyes:

Dr.G35
08-28-2008, 12:32 PM
havent they changed the head of the board every year for the past 3-4 years?

alpine_aw11
08-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Wow, that's terrible. Hope those jackasses on the board for that system feel good about themselves. As if our public education didn't have a bad enough reputation, now this happens. Way to go GA public schools!

Psycho
08-28-2008, 12:34 PM
I really wonder what they did to lose it.

EJ25RUN
08-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Good thing i'm out of the Ga public education system.

Ran
08-28-2008, 12:43 PM
I really wonder what they did to lose it.Failing grades, bad policies, the list goes on and on. This has been a long time coming. Maybe now they'll pull their heads out of their @sses.

twinj
08-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Damn I feel bad for the kids, though

Dr.G35
08-28-2008, 12:50 PM
ItS a HaRd Kn0cK lIfE y0!

Revmaynard
08-28-2008, 12:52 PM
ItS a HaRd Kn0cK lIfE y0!

LOL.

I kind of feel bad, but think of how many people don't give a damn about how they do in high school.

Kevykev
08-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Damn I feel bad for the kids, though

Of course, all surrounding counties are feeling the pain. i really didn't think it would've happened. They need get back on the ball IMMEDIATELY!

FriskyWalrus
08-28-2008, 12:54 PM
and this is why im glad i left Clayton County public schools

Stormhammer
08-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Gwinnett county schools ftw!

Ran
08-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Damn I feel bad for the kids, thoughThat's the worst part. These kids may or may not be eligible for HOPE and other scholorships, may or may not qualify for college applications, and everything else. Their HS diplomas are going to be virtually worthless. If the parents are smart, they'll sue the hell of that school system because their children are the ones that are going to suffer for the school board's f*ck up.

JITB
08-28-2008, 01:02 PM
**** the southside!

twinj
08-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Of course, all surrounding counties are feeling the pain. i really didn't think it would've happened. They need get back on the ball IMMEDIATELY!

Down goes there property value.

MongolPup
08-28-2008, 01:09 PM

Yup.

chrisdavis
08-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Good to see the board members are still on the board :rolleyes:

A couple of members who were dismissed for various reasons including not living in the county are suing to get back on the board. Not only did they run the school system into the ground, they are trying to get back on the board to contiue to destroy that school system. Lets not even get started on that egomaniac of a superintendent they brought in. :There is no appropriate smiley for this level of stupidity and arrogance:

alpine_aw11
08-28-2008, 01:34 PM

I guess. Pretty much every public school in GA sucks. I went to Collins Hill and it was the same standardized bs as every other school, just happens to have more people who care about their performance at school than other counties do.

BLK JDM
08-28-2008, 01:51 PM
The only people losing out in this situation are the students. Hopefully they can get their act together. Situations like this generally help out the masses in the long run. I guarantee you every school system in GA including Clayton will have to step up their standards and criteria within the next few years. Hopefully GA will become the 1st state in the south to have a high ranking public school system(at least hopefully by the time I have children). The schooling in the whole south sucks compared to other parts of the nation.

AirMax95
08-28-2008, 02:01 PM
The big Winner was the last guy they appointed to fix the issues. He made **** ton of money in less than 6 months! Damn idiots.

BABY J
08-28-2008, 02:02 PM
FOR SALE: Sum skoolz n stuff. We are knot sure why, but we kin git u a good deal. We got books n sh*t too. En choir within.

ironchef
08-28-2008, 03:13 PM
And then the property values in Clayton County fell through the floor lol.

4dmin
08-28-2008, 03:25 PM
its working :lmao:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2b/No_Child_Left_Behind_Act.jpg

1SICKLEX
08-28-2008, 08:41 PM
That's the worst part. These kids may or may not be eligible for HOPE and other scholorships, may or may not qualify for college applications, and everything else. Their HS diplomas are going to be virtually worthless. If the parents are smart, they'll sue the hell of that school system because their children are the ones that are going to suffer for the school board's f*ck up.
Gov Perdue actually signed a law this year so they can at least get the Hope grant.

A damn shame, they should get rid of everyone. No offense but A LOT of those students were not getting close to college anyway.

twinj
08-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Gov Perdue actually signed a law this year so they can at least get the Hope grant.

A damn shame, they should get rid of everyone. No offense but A LOT of those students were not getting close to college anyway.

Sad ,but true.

1SICKLEX
08-28-2008, 08:46 PM
its working :lmao:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2b/No_Child_Left_Behind_Act.jpg
LMFAO