http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k438/rigorous/obamamanw_sovietflag.jpg
YES WE CAN

lol

81911SC
08-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Lets CHANGE the greatest nation.

81911SC
08-28-2008, 11:01 AM
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

Deke
08-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Did he just release a gun ban statement or something?

81911SC
08-28-2008, 11:05 AM
It's not recent.

Dr.G35
Lets CHANGE the greatest nation.
4 real

Deke
link

81911SC
08-28-2008, 11:07 AM
Look up his views on gun control.

Total_Blender
08-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Hitler was also behind the autobahn (which our own interstate highways are modeled after) and producing inexpensive cars for working people as opposed to the privileged few who could afford the expensive cars of the day. He also brought Germany to zero unemployment. He did have a few good ideas, others (final solution:()... not so much.

Ran
08-28-2008, 11:11 AM
He did have a few good ideas, others (final solution:()... not so much.To every problem there's a final solution.

Total_Blender
08-28-2008, 11:13 AM
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

If you want to take up arms against our government go ahead... didn't work out too well for the last people who tried it. Rember the "David Koresh" fiasco down in Waco, or Ruby Ridge?

http://wiki.freetalklive.com/images/9/94/Branch_davidian_compound_with_tanks.jpg

81911SC
08-28-2008, 11:16 AM
If you want to take up arms against our government go ahead... didn't work out too well for the last people who tried it. Rember the "David Koresh" fiasco down in Waco, or Ruby Ridge?

http://wiki.freetalklive.com/images/9/94/Branch_davidian_compound_with_tanks.jpgHey!
I'm the point, I don't think we've met.

Deke
08-28-2008, 11:16 AM
God I wish Ron Paul somehow won the republican nomination.

Vteckidd
08-28-2008, 11:19 AM
yeah i need to hurry up an buy my AR before that clown gets in office

81911SC
08-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Yea, and high cap mags.

Kevykev
08-28-2008, 11:25 AM
yeah i need to hurry up an buy my AR before that clown gets in office

Who MCCAIN?

man
08-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Hitler was also behind the autobahn (which our own interstate highways are modeled after) and producing inexpensive cars for working people as opposed to the privileged few who could afford the expensive cars of the day. He also brought Germany to zero unemployment. He did have a few good ideas, others (final solution:()... not so much.

Pretty easy to do so when you enslave and kill off a large portion of your population...

Jimmy B
08-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Go McCain... thats all i can say

alpine_aw11
08-28-2008, 11:45 AM

His views on the drug market will ultimately kill the possibility of that happening, due to the majority of Republican legislation being either ignorant old farts or ignorant religous farts.

EJ25RUN
08-28-2008, 11:48 AM
http://bp2.blogger.com/_BLlJwLdIRpk/R7STX4ZZCcI/AAAAAAAAAio/YROFSsPCyfc/s400/Adolph+Obama.jpg

man
08-28-2008, 12:05 PM
His views on the drug market will ultimately kill the possibility of that happening, due to the majority of Republican legislation being either ignorant old farts or ignorant religous farts.

Or maybe it's because the only policies of his worth a damn were his drug policies???

yogi08
08-28-2008, 12:16 PM
obama is for raising taxes... i dont know about yall fellas but i love my damn money i work hard for and dont want to see MORE of it missing every week.

4dmin
08-28-2008, 03:03 PM
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/D/8/2/mccain-finger-puzzle.jpg

lol

Reaper
08-28-2008, 03:18 PM
obama is for raising taxes... i dont know about yall fellas but i love my damn money i work hard for and dont want to see MORE of it missing every week.

My thinking exactly. I'm tired of army money dissapearing as it is....if anymore is removed I'm going to start a civil war lirl

eViLMunkey
08-28-2008, 03:19 PM
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/D/8/2/mccain-finger-puzzle.jpg

lol

Bwahahah!! :lmfao: :lmfao:

4dmin
08-28-2008, 03:20 PM

obama is for raising taxes... :thinking: so you make over 250k a year and are in the upper 5% income bracket? if not he has already stated tax cuts for 95% of the US population.

you would rather vote someone into office that supports corp tax cuts and is supporting companies to move work outside the US? that will surely strengthen the economy :rolleyes:

Reaper
08-28-2008, 03:31 PM
obama is for raising taxes... :thinking: so you make over 250k a year and are in the upper 5% income bracket? if not he has already stated tax cuts for 95% of the US population.

you would rather vote someone into office that supports corp tax cuts and is supporting companies to move work outside the US? that will surely strengthen the economy :rolleyes:

its not going to strengthen the economy. Rarely does...Focus on oil, focus on employment...LOWER taxes, people have more money, they spend it, economy goes up. I know its more complicated than that, but I am too lazy to go into detail, and I'm even lazier to get into an argument, this is just my :2cents:...I'm entitled to my opinion :taun: and Admin, my response isn't directly at you, its more to the democrats in general.

TIGERJC
08-28-2008, 03:39 PM
lol at the ppl saying that lowering corp taxes will bring jobs back to u.s. UGH no, corp are all about profits, they will continue to use cheap labor overseas to make products for americans. Until the American ppl as consumers decide not to no longer buy foreign goods and only buy made in America products which will cost a lil bit more, I don't see jobs coming back to American shore anytime soon

4dmin
08-28-2008, 03:44 PM
its not going to strengthen the economy. Rarely does...Focus on oil, focus on employment...LOWER taxes, people have more money, they spend it, economy goes up. I know its more complicated than that, but I am too lazy to go into detail, and I'm even lazier to get into an argument, this is just my :2cents:...I'm entitled to my opinion :taun: and Admin, my response isn't directly at you, its more to the democrats in general.

that's my point the same tax cuts were given to oil companies who are showing record numbers already and tough to focus on unemployment when you support the fact companies are outsourcing to other countries.

if people want another 4 years of the current situation or worse then mccain is your option. nothing will change b/c his views mirror bush's.

4dmin
08-28-2008, 03:44 PM
lol at the ppl saying that lowering corp taxes will bring jobs back to u.s. UGH no, corp are all about profits, they will continue to use cheap labor overseas to make products for americans. Until the American ppl as consumers decide not to no longer buy foreign goods and only buy made in America products which will cost a lil bit more, I don't see jobs coming back to American shore anytime soon

:cheers:

Ran
08-28-2008, 03:51 PM
obama is for raising taxes... :thinking: so you make over 250k a year and are in the upper 5% income bracket? if not he has already stated tax cuts for 95% of the US population.Raise taxes on the higher income bracket and spreading the love to the lower classes? Yes, let's punish the driven and successful to help the lazy and unfortunate. That's always worked well in the past. God forbid any of us want to be successful. lol

This kind of thinking is what got that 9yr. old boy kicked out of little league because he was "too good" of a pitcher.

Reaper
08-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Raise taxes on the higher income bracket and spreading the love to the lower classes? Yes, let's punish the driven and successful to help the lazy and unfortunate. That's always worked well in the past. God forbid any of us want to be successful. lol

This kind of thinking is what got that 9yr. old boy kicked out of little league because he was "too good" of a pitcher.

Werd son:goodjob:

4dmin
08-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Raise taxes on the higher income bracket and spreading the love to the lower classes? Yes, let's punish the driven and successful to help the lazy and unfortunate. That's always worked well in the past. God forbid any of us want to be successful. lol

this type of answer is obviously someone who has not a clue.

since i know you fall into the "UNSUCCESSFUL" category of making under 250k - where do you propose we get the money for gov't agencys, institutions, roads, etc? that money has to come from somewhere.

Ran
08-28-2008, 04:48 PM

since i know you fall into the "UNSUCCESSFUL" category of making under 250k - where do you propose we get the money for gov't agencys, institutions, roads, etc? that money has to come from somewhere.So you actually support the distribution of wealth propositions that he's making?

JITB
08-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Well since everyone agrees on lowering taxes for the upper class. Obviouslyisnt aware that they have been getting tax breaks for the longest...and it hasnt worked.

You give tax breaks to succesful business, and they are supposed to save money, and lower prices.. and create more jobs....BUT NOPE it hasnt happen. They have lowered taxes, and raised prices..and made more money. and wages havent increased.

Its happening right now!

PLEASE can someone explain to me why it makes any sense for someone to be gettin tax breaks when there quarterly gains are breaking records! while the middle-lower class is struggling to buy their goods.... does it make sense?

If you look at how china was able to raise its economy, it was simple.. You tax the people making the money off the people NOT making money. And it all evens out. its deeper than that, but its almost a simple solution to a big problem.

blaknoize
08-28-2008, 05:19 PM
I dont mind the tax increase. Never have. from 6.4 to 8.6, whatever. GA has a low enough tax as it is. U cant raise a nation by cutting its taxes all the time. Anyone who has EVER played Simcity knows this. U cant afford to bring your own economy up by attracting business because its (cheap.) Eventually u wont be able to bring in enough revenue for ur own city.

That tax raise will give OUR economy a boost and make us all mindful of the fact that money must be earned not given. The rich have the money to put back into the economy, not all of us do, but if we ALL put money back into this broke country we all may have a better chance at survival.

Actin like Obama has no good ideas to "change" somethin is being narrowminded. We are way to deep in this mistake to act like McCain will just decide that its ok to continue a fight that isnt helping anyone but the oil companies and very big business. What about us, the ones who keep America running? The middle class?

And as always, u must break down my messages, they are never very well made.

4dmin
08-28-2008, 05:26 PM
So you actually support the distribution of wealth propositions that he's making?

you didn't answer my question. how do you propose we pay for all of the things you and the rest of the 95% of the unsuccessful population use on a daily basis?

trust me i know how much taxes are why wife and I tripled our income this year i hate to see what is taking out - i'm taking an extra 200$ per pay period to make sure we don't owe jack sh!t at the end of the year ;)

tony
08-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Its good to know the only driven and successful citizens reside in the $250k+ tax bracket and everyone else are bottom feeding lazy asses.

Kevykev
08-28-2008, 05:33 PM
I expect some of the statements made here to come from www.FerarriAtlanta.com not WWW.IMPORTATLANTA.COM

WOW!

It all boils down to one word... BIAS , Mccain could've proposed the same thing and Mccain supporters would EAT IT UP!!!!

95% of the people on this site will benefit from that proposal, what am I missing here?

JITB
08-28-2008, 05:35 PM
I expect some of the statements made here to come from www.FerarriAtlanta.com not WWW.IMPORTATLANTA.COM

WOW!

It all boils down to one word... BIAS , Mccain could've proposed the same thing and Mccain supporters would EAT IT UP!!!!

95% of the people on this site will benefit from that proposal, what am I missing here?

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: the economy has put some people in a state of confusion, and they are in-denial...

4dmin
08-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Its good to know the only driven and successful citizens reside in the $250k+ tax bracket and everyone else are bottom feeding lazy asses.

i only used "unsuccessful" due to previous statements - but ya i'm ok w/ being middle class

hydroshutter
08-28-2008, 05:40 PM
you didn't answer my question. how do you propose we pay for all of the things you and the rest of the 95% of the unsuccessful population use on a daily basis?

trust me i know how much taxes are why wife and I tripled our income this year i hate to see what is taking out - i'm taking an extra 200$ per pay period to make sure we don't owe jack sh!t at the end of the year ;)

All about lowering taxes but in the next breath giving the government a tax-free loan?

4dmin
08-28-2008, 05:44 PM
All about lowering taxes but in the next breath giving the government a tax-free loan?

well considering the income jump my household has made this year; we were advised to do so to make sure everything was straight or we could see uncle sam w/ a hand out next april. doesn't matter about the loan if we pay too much in we will see it in return which i'm banking on - paying upfront and not missing it is better then oweing.

SlowsterCivy
08-28-2008, 06:00 PM

:bowdown: AMEN

I agree completely.

EJ25RUN
08-28-2008, 06:05 PM
http://brentroos.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/liberal_boy.gif

collins
08-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Well since everyone agrees on lowering taxes for the upper class. Obviouslyisnt aware that they have been getting tax breaks for the longest...and it hasnt worked.

You give tax breaks to succesful business, and they are supposed to save money, and lower prices.. and create more jobs....BUT NOPE it hasnt happen. They have lowered taxes, and raised prices..and made more money. and wages havent increased.

Its happening right now!

PLEASE can someone explain to me why it makes any sense for someone to be gettin tax breaks when there quarterly gains are breaking records! while the middle-lower class is struggling to buy their goods.... does it make sense?

If you look at how china was able to raise its economy, it was simple.. You tax the people making the money off the people NOT making money. And it all evens out. its deeper than that, but its almost a simple solution to a big problem.
so what you're saying is that you're a communist? :thinking:

EJ25RUN
08-28-2008, 06:06 PM

I have thrown that question out at these liberal heads before and they refuse to answer it without beating around the bush.

Reaper
08-28-2008, 06:12 PM
http://brentroos.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/liberal_boy.gif

lirl

JITB
08-28-2008, 06:24 PM

NO but, if the richer are getting richer and getting tax breaks, when they dont need it! And arent investing into their own community and actually trying to develop the area around them instead of sucking them dry of every dollar they have. i mean if your fine with how the economy is being ran thats ur opinion. But the whole tax break issue, is based on, Why are the people that dont need the tax breaks and the ones that are making trillions of dollars off of US (yes US....). Can u honestly say it has worked in the last 8 years?

alpine_aw11
08-28-2008, 06:37 PM
NO but, if the richer are getting richer and getting tax breaks, when they dont need it! And arent investing into their own community and actually trying to develop the area around them instead of sucking them dry of every dollar they have. i mean if your fine with how the economy is being ran thats ur opinion. But the whole tax break issue, is based on, Why are the people that dont need the tax breaks and the ones that are making trillions of dollars off of US (yes US....). Can u honestly say it has worked in the last 8 years?

The rich are still paying much higher taxes compared to us in the middle class. And it's not just people who make 250k+ a year that will be taxed, they take many other factors into consideration. Like my dad for example, he rents out houses as a side job. Because he owns multiple properties, his taxes will skyrocket if Obama's elected and his tax plans go through. We are an average middle class family, and we're currently struggling. If this goes through, we're going to be in a considerable amount of trouble. Plus add on the cost of universal healthcare, and people like my family are going to essentially get **** on. The tax situation definitely isn't as simple as it seems.

JITB
08-28-2008, 06:47 PM
The rich are still paying much higher taxes compared to us in the middle class. And it's not just people who make 250k+ a year that will be taxed, they take many other factors into consideration. Like my dad for example, he rents out houses as a side job. Because he owns multiple properties, his taxes will skyrocket if Obama's elected and his tax plans go through. We are an average middle class family, and we're currently struggling. If this goes through, we're going to be in a considerable amount of trouble. Plus add on the cost of universal healthcare, and people like my family are going to essentially get **** on. The tax situation definitely isn't as simple as it seems.

so your dad isnt already paying out the ass in taxes already? and how has your dad been living th pat few years? its never that simple.. i know but its a start.. :goodjob:

hydroshutter
08-28-2008, 06:47 PM
well considering the income jump my household has made this year; we were advised to do so to make sure everything was straight or we could see uncle sam w/ a hand out next april. doesn't matter about the loan if we pay too much in we will see it in return which i'm banking on - paying upfront and not missing it is better then oweing.

I just figured going to a CPA would save you more money :thinking:

ksniperfox
08-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Pretty easy to do so when you enslave and kill off a large portion of your population...

atleast the ones without jobs and are ****ing up the pure race :lmfao:

alpine_aw11
08-28-2008, 06:58 PM
so your dad isnt already paying out the ass in taxes already? and how has your dad been living th pat few years? its never that simple.. i know but its a start.. :goodjob:

Not necessarily out the ass, but noone is content with the amount of taxes they pay lol. He gets a lot of write offs, but he will definitely lose a lot of them if Obama's plans come to be. For the last few years we've been fine. He has a separate job that nets him 100k a year, but the bums that rent out his houses are bleeding him dry. And another great part is the money guys like my dad will be paying in taxes will go to the ****ing losers that refuse to pay him no matter how much money they make.

JITB
08-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Not necessarily out the ass, but noone is content with the amount of taxes they pay lol. He gets a lot of write offs, but he will definitely lose a lot of them if Obama's plans come to be. For the last few years we've been fine. He has a separate job that nets him 100k a year, but the bums that rent out his houses are bleeding him dry. And another great part is the money guys like my dad will be paying in taxes will go to the ****ing losers that refuse to pay him no matter how much money they make.

well see u at the poll.. :goodjob: did ur dad vote republican before?

alpine_aw11
08-28-2008, 07:09 PM
well see u at the poll.. :goodjob: did ur dad vote republican before?

Yes he did, but I will tell you he is extremely unhappy with the Bush administration. We're both kindof stuck with this election, I was a Ron Paul supporter but my dad doesn't believe in legalization of drugs and things of that nature so he's a no for him. I personally don't know if I'm going to vote, been researching a lot lately and I don't like either candidate. I think we're all gonna get boned no matter he gets elected.

JITB
08-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Yes he did, but I will tell you he is extremely unhappy with the Bush administration. We're both kindof stuck with this election, I was a Ron Paul supporter but my dad doesn't believe in legalization of drugs and things of that nature so he's a no for him. I personally don't know if I'm going to vote, been researching a lot lately and I don't like either candidate. I think we're all gonna get boned no matter he gets elected.

HA! sounds like ur dad wants CHANGE.... :ninja:

alpine_aw11
08-28-2008, 07:20 PM
HA! sounds like ur dad wants CHANGE.... :ninja:

We haven't been tricked into believing in that change yet....:ninja:lol

Oh and edit to OP-if you wanted to make a statement about supporting gun control a Hitler qoute might not have been the best route.

1SICKLEX
08-28-2008, 08:00 PM
What does this have to do with Obama outside you seemingly hate the guy.

Wow, an Adolf Hitler sticker. Classy.

ironchef
08-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Why are people pissed that the rich get some tax breaks, they do the majority of the tax paying anyway.

"New data released by the IRS today offers interesting insights into the distributional spread of the federal income tax burden, new analysis by the Tax Foundation shows. The new data shows that the top-earning 25% of taxpayers (AGI over $62,068) earned 67.5% of the nation's income, but they paid more than four out of every five dollars collected by the federal income tax (86%). The top 1% of taxpayers (AGI over $364,657) earned approximately 21.2% of the nation's income (as defined by AGI), yet paid 39.4% of all federal income taxes. That means the top 1% of tax returns paid about the same amount of federal individual income taxes as the bottom 95% of tax returns."

From....http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/ff104.pdf

81911SC
08-28-2008, 08:17 PM
What does this have to do with Obama outside you seemingly hate the guy.

Wow, an Adolf Hitler sticker. Classy.He is trying to do the same.

BKgen®
08-28-2008, 08:31 PM

x23498743

BKgen®
08-28-2008, 08:33 PM
they're both idiots. the solution = move to Canada.

Lizbiz101
08-28-2008, 08:37 PM
I KNEW it your whole "I'm gonna change" thread was BS lol

BKgen®
08-28-2008, 08:43 PM
I KNEW it your whole "I'm gonna change" thread was BS lol

how the F*CK does that sticker make him a racist? if Obama was white and had the same policies, then it would make the exact same amount of sense.

surprise, surprise -- somebody badmouths your beloved Obama, then "OMG OMG IS IT BECUZ HE BLACK?!"

81911SC
08-28-2008, 08:47 PM
I KNEW it your whole "I'm gonna change" thread was BS lolHow the **** am I being racist? Don't pull that card on me.

81911SC
08-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks, GKTIB. Logic fails with women.

JITB
08-28-2008, 11:13 PM
out of all the things said in this thread... u respond to that...lol

redrumracer
08-28-2008, 11:19 PM

since i know you fall into the "UNSUCCESSFUL" category of making under 250k - where do you propose we get the money for gov't agencys, institutions, roads, etc? that money has to come from somewhere.
the Fair tax sounds good to me :2cents:

PRiMAdonna
08-28-2008, 11:24 PM
if I have to hear another Hillary Clinton or Obama speech, I am going to throw up.

PRiMAdonna
08-28-2008, 11:25 PM
they're both idiots. the solution = move to Canada.

ill go in half on a Uhaul with you.

81911SC
08-29-2008, 12:06 AM
out of all the things said in this thread... u respond to that...lolnow, drunk sorry.

JITB
08-29-2008, 12:08 AM
http://dontclickthis.whatingods.name/chthulu-08.jpg

SatansRectum
08-29-2008, 01:31 AM
Ever since Bush took office, the economy has been in a decline. If Obama says he can fix it, why not give the guy a chance? McCain is just a re-branded George Bush, he's not going to make things any better.

man
08-29-2008, 03:40 AM
Ever since Bush took office, the economy has been in a decline. If Obama says he can fix it, why not give the guy a chance? McCain is just a re-branded George Bush, he's not going to make things any better.

Guess who else says they can fix the economy???

Everyone.

nsany(atl)
08-29-2008, 07:10 AM
your in the rich bracket if you make over 40K per year

For 2008, the Federal tax brackets for a single (unmarried) person are:[1]

10%: from $0 to $8,025
15%: from $8,026 to $32,550
25%: from $32,551 to $78,850
28%: from $78,851 to $164,550
33%: from $164,551 to $357,700
35%: $357,701 and above

Mike Lowrey
08-29-2008, 07:21 AM

So can you actually tell me that the gov't agencies, etc are all run efficiently? It is rather interesting that we are so quick to "charge" the rich and help the poor when we do not look into the root of the problem. If half the gov't agencies were actually run efficiently and run like a business, we could actually lower taxes.

How about all the people on welfare who just milk the system? Why should we as the american population keep paying for those lazy fucks?

nsany(atl)
08-29-2008, 07:24 AM
Under Obama’s plan to let the scheduled 2011 tax rate hikes occur, and his plan to raise the self-employment tax on those making more than $250,000, the S corporation rate would rise from 35 percent to 39.6 percent. The sole proprietor and partner rate would rise from 37.9 percent all the way up to a staggering 50.3 percent. Many Democrats in Congress have proposed making all small businesses (including S corporations) pay this 50-plus percent rate. A small business tax rate that high would be the highest marginal rate faced by them in nearly a quarter-century.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/11670.html

4dmin
08-29-2008, 07:37 AM
So can you actually tell me that the gov't agencies, etc are all run efficiently? It is rather interesting that we are so quick to "charge" the rich and help the poor when we do not look into the root of the problem. If half the gov't agencies were actually run efficiently and run like a business, we could actually lower taxes.

How about all the people on welfare who just milk the system? Why should we as the american population keep paying for those lazy fucks?

i totally agree there is quite enough pork in gov't budgets but i don't understand where people are complaining b/c he is raising taxes on the "RICH"(lol) - there are probably a handful of active people on these boards that even fall into that category (probably not even one in this thread). Again we aren't talking rich/poor we are talking middle class which is the majority of us. Instead of tax increase can we skip out on aid to your childrens schools, lunch programs, roads you drive on, etc.

welfare - medicade/care all are broken programs but due to tree huggin hippies these are going anywhere.

Mike Lowrey
08-29-2008, 07:44 AM
i totally agree there is quite enough pork in gov't budgets but i don't understand where people are complaining b/c he is raising taxes on the "RICH"(lol) - there are probably a handful of active people on these boards that even fall into that category (probably not even one in this thread). Again we aren't talking rich/poor we are talking middle class which is the majority of us. Instead of tax increase can we skip out on aid to your childrens schools, lunch programs, roads you drive on, etc.

welfare - medicade/care all are broken programs but due to tree huggin hippies these are going anywhere.

I would personally like to see the gov't trim the fat out of the current agencies. Take that money saved and re-invest in the US. I like that option over the "tax the rich" part. I say this because taxing the rich is not the answer. I think we should be interested in "FIXING" the US, not just taxing the rich so that the gov't has more money to waste due to inefficiencies and poor business decisions.

Agreed. Waiting for someone to have the balls to actually tackle this issue instead of passing it along for the programs to breakdown and implode.

Ran
08-29-2008, 07:49 AM
you didn't answer my question. how do you propose we pay for all of the things you and the rest of the 95% of the unsuccessful population use on a daily basis?FairTax?

Things need to be cut clean across the board but, my God, don't punish the successful for being successful.

Total_Blender
08-29-2008, 07:55 AM
BS I have gathered from this thread:

1.) Everyone on IA makes over 250k a year.
2.) Assault rifles, hi capacity magazines, and armor piercing ammo = absolutely necessary for home defense
3.) Every single recipient of welfare (including handicapped/disabled people and single mothers) is a lazy mooch just bleeding the system
4.) If Obama gets elected he will raise my taxes (and I should believe that without a credible source for the information)
5.) If I can't own an unregistered handgun and conceal it on my person at all times I have absolutely no freedom (would that mean that I am a prisoner or a slave of some sort:screwy:).
6.) The Government is entitled to eavesdrop on all of my conversations because having someone at the NSA listening to me ordering a pizza is protecting us from terrorism.

:crazy::screwy:

Farrow2005
08-29-2008, 08:15 AM
We are not a middle class, or "unsuccessful". we are all a WORKING class.

JITB alot of you views have opened my eyes. but like alpine_xj i think we want to see more. or some stable proff.

alpine_xj, I understand why your dad would rent the property rather than selling it. the price of land will never really go down. but if he is struggling so much why not sell one or two? almost instant money. but then again im young. so i dont know a hole lot.

all i know is that awsome check you got from Bush, pretty much ****ed OUR econmy, if you dont know, that $300-1500 check you got was borrowed money from... CHINA 12 billion dollors. once those check were chashed what do you think was bough? made in america products? (another point JITB made) Not so much. Made in China, or some other over seas country. China pretty much made there money back, and OUR govmnt. still has to pay them back.

just wanna know, what did you buy with your checks?

all of my check went to a BMX bike. Im not 100% but im pretty Sure my bike was not build over seas.

4dmin
08-29-2008, 08:21 AM
FairTax?

Things need to be cut clean across the board but, my God, don't punish the successful for being successful.

again why does it matter to you? fairtax wouldn't help out our economy and it wouldn't make enough to sustain our current needs. this is why it will not pass. in a perfect world yes - i like the idea of tax revenue from illegals, but that is again such a small %.

you can't try to make everything equal in an unequal world. i find it hard to believe anyone of you have a real stake in this b/c i know 99.9% of you don't make more then 250k or close to that.

no one has yet to give an alternative on how to make up the short fall of tax revenue and where cuts can be made. by choosing to stay with mccain you are basically decided to take it up the ass for another 4 years w/ a declining dollar.

tony
08-29-2008, 08:33 AM
again why does it matter to you? fairtax wouldn't help out our economy and it wouldn't make enough to sustain our current needs. this is why it will not pass. in a perfect world yes - i like the idea of tax revenue from illegals, but that is again such a small %.

you can't try to make everything equal in an unequal world. i find it hard to believe anyone of you have a real stake in this b/c i know 99.9% of you don't make more then 250k or close to that.

no one has yet to give an alternative on how to make up the short fall of tax revenue and where cuts can be made. by choosing to stay with mccain you are basically decided to take it up the ass for another 4 years w/ a declining dollar.

Thats because people believe everything they're told. The problem with the Fair Tax is it requires the citizens to hold the government accountable, because nothing else keeps them from raising the sales tax rate. When you have uneducated idiots going to the polls the Fair Tax is doomed.

On the previous thing too I was responding to Ran saying the rich are the motivated and successful in society. Success or motivation is hardly defined in monetary value, I know plenty of successful people who don't make anything near 6 figures.

Rich, the structure of our government doesn't allow for cutting government spending as you talk about. Each elected official has constituents they have to take care of, and none of them are going to give that up to lower the tax burden. Government isn't always the most efficient but it is not useless either.

Again, anyone who says the rich require tax cuts really need to read up on Supply Side Economics and what it did to this country in the 80's. Furthermore to offset that disaster George H.W Bush raised taxes although he said he wouldn't.. and it resulted in a balanced budget through the Clinton years. Tax cuts on the rich does nothing but create a larger deficit.

1SICKLEX
08-29-2008, 08:50 AM
I would personally like to see the gov't trim the fat out of the current agencies. Take that money saved and re-invest in the US. I like that option over the "tax the rich" part. I say this because taxing the rich is not the answer. I think we should be interested in "FIXING" the US, not just taxing the rich so that the gov't has more money to waste due to inefficiencies and poor business decisions..
*stands up and claps*

Exactly. How the hell do we ovespend, with a trillion dollar budget! Its b/c these idiots act like kids in a candy store.

They spout out "BILLION" like its a dollar. A billion is A LOT OF MONEY.

You are right on, they need to trim the fat and stop spending. They RAISE enough money from taxes.

I would like to see a SIMPLIFIED tax system, not the current one where you need a degree in physics.

1SICKLEX
08-29-2008, 08:51 AM
We are not a middle class, or "unsuccessful". we are all a WORKING class.

JITB alot of you views have opened my eyes. but like alpine_xj i think we want to see more. or some stable proff.

alpine_xj, I understand why your dad would rent the property rather than selling it. the price of land will never really go down. but if he is struggling so much why not sell one or two? almost instant money. but then again im young. so i dont know a hole lot.

all i know is that awsome check you got from Bush, pretty much ****ed OUR econmy, if you dont know, that $300-1500 check you got was borrowed money from... CHINA 12 billion dollors. once those check were chashed what do you think was bough? made in america products? (another point JITB made) Not so much. Made in China, or some other over seas country. China pretty much made there money back, and OUR govmnt. still has to pay them back.

just wanna know, what did you buy with your checks?

all of my check went to a BMX bike. Im not 100% but im pretty Sure my bike was not build over seas.
Another good post.

Some of you get it :)

4dmin
08-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Thats because people believe everything they're told. The problem with the Fair Tax is it requires the citizens to hold the government accountable, because nothing else keeps them from raising the sales tax rate. When you have uneducated idiots going to the polls the Fair Tax is doomed.

On the previous thing too I was responding to Ran saying the rich are the motivated and successful in society. Success or motivation is hardly defined in monetary value, I know plenty of successful people who don't make anything near 6 figures.

Rich, the structure of our government doesn't allow for cutting government spending as you talk about. Each elected official has constituents they have to take care of, and none of them are going to give that up to lower the tax burden. Government isn't always the most efficient but it is not useless either.

Again, anyone who says the rich require tax cuts really need to read up on Supply Side Economics and what it did to this country in the 80's. Furthermore to offset that disaster George H.W Bush raised taxes although he said he wouldn't.. and it resulted in a balanced budget through the Clinton years. Tax cuts on the rich does nothing but create a larger deficit.

holy sh!t dawg i wasn't even gonna touch the dreaded "D" word DEFICIT... :lmfao:

1SICKLEX
08-29-2008, 09:08 AM
holy sh!t dawg i wasn't even gonna touch the dreaded "D" word DEFICIT... :lmfao:
oh damn did u have to put it in big font :(

:D

4dmin
08-29-2008, 09:15 AM
oh damn did u have to put it in big font :(

:D

it adds to the DRAMA :lmfao:

Psycho
08-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Guess who else says they can fix the economy???

Everyone.
Yeah, but McCain is gonna try to "fix" the economy with the same sleezy tactics that Bush is using. If Obama says he's gonna try something different, then why not give it a shot?

Mike Lowrey
08-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Yeah, but McCain is gonna try to "fix" the economy with the same sleezy tactics that Bush is using. If Obama says he's gonna try something different, then why not give it a shot?

Remember that "different" is not always "better"....

Psycho
08-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Remember that "different" is not always "better"....
Yeah, but why keep using the same failing methods? I'm sorry, but how could giving tax breaks to companies that send jobs overseas possibly help our crappy economy?

BKgen®
08-29-2008, 10:41 AM
ill go in half on a Uhaul with you.

let's do it. north bound and down, loaded up and truckin'.

Mike Lowrey
08-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Yeah, but why keep using the same failing methods? I'm sorry, but how could giving tax breaks to companies that send jobs overseas possibly help our crappy economy?

Tell me how YOU would keep companies from sending work overseas......and tell me that it is because of the taxes.... :goodjob:

Stormhammer
08-29-2008, 11:10 AM
To every problem there's a final solution.

which was why he was trying to get rid of the jewish problem

Mike Lowrey
08-29-2008, 11:10 AM

You are talking about each elected official, I am talking about the agencies. Look at all the redundancy in the government jobs. I DO believe that there are improvements to be had. You will not be able to totally revamp it, but you could surely make it more efficient and reduce the cost.

Hell, just look at the local governents, school boards, etc in GA! How much corruption can you have! You have people voting on their own raises, scimming money, Not-for-profit organizations turning profit.

It is a huge task, but you have to start somewhere. If we don't start tackling these problems, we will be complaining in another 4 years that we need a change.

Psycho
08-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Tell me how YOU would keep companies from sending work overseas......and tell me that it is because of the taxes.... :goodjob:
I would build a brick wall around the US and smear it with feces. That way it wouldn't even have to be that high. No one would climb a wall made of feces

Mike Lowrey
08-29-2008, 11:31 AM
I would build a brick wall around the US and smear it with feces. That way it wouldn't even have to be that high. No one would climb a wall made of feces

And, that is why you have no fucking clue.

~clapping~

Psycho
08-29-2008, 10:57 PM
I'm not the one running for president, so it doesn't really matter that I don't have a legitimate solution of my own. But still, I bet my idea would work better than the failing reaganomics solution that McCain will continue to use. If it f*cked our economy for the past 8 years, I doubt it will start working in the next 4.

tdurr
08-30-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm not the one running for president, so it doesn't really matter that I don't have a legitimate solution of my own. But still, I bet my idea would work better than the failing reaganomics solution that McCain will continue to use. If it f*cked our economy for the past 8 years, I doubt it will start working in the next 4.

Truth.

But there is alot of good info in here, some good debates.. im just gonna lurk this thread... but my :2cents: is(in a few words) tax teh rich+ large companies, stop useless spending, crack down on curruption, figure out how to get money back into the us, and build a time machine go back to when bush is bout to get elected and stop him from rigging the FL elections :D :ninja:

OhMyGodfather
08-30-2008, 03:04 AM
we live in a capitalist country. it is rich man's bias, but thats what encourages people to be successful, if lazy people keep getting breaks, will that magically inspire them? hell no, if they are lazy now, what makes you think they will be less lazy when they get free stuff?

we have tax brackets for a reason.

you make more, you pay more.

why should the rich have a percentage tax increase, while the poor have less taken?