PDA

View Full Version : Q100-Nicole and Zouhair's Story

kelly marie
08-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Some of you may have been following this story on Q100 of the woman who moved to Morocco with her son and married a man she met online. If not here is what's going on.. I figured some of you may have a soft spot in your heart and this family is truly in need.

Nicole was a single mom who met a man (Zouhair) online, but he lived in Morocco. She made the decision to go there to meet him. They fell in love and during her stay with him he proposed. She ended up moving to Morocco with her son despite strong opposition from family and friends. They got married and soon after she became pregnant. They decided to move back to the US and live with family until they could both get jobs and support each other. Well she had the baby and her husband got a job and things seemed to be on the right track. Well a few days ago her husband was diagnosed with a fast spreading leukemia. Neither on of them have insurance (due to her not working and him obtaining on his immigrant papers) so they are in dire need of money to fund all the medical expenses they are about to endure. If you can find it in your heart please donate to help this family through their hard times. Even if it's a dollar or two, that could help this family immensely as they have a newborn and school age child. I have never met them but because I have been reading Nicole's blogs and listening to her on the radio I feel as though she is a friend. You can donate through paypal. Of course, any help is greatly appreciated. Please have their whole family in your prayers as well. Here is the link to her blog if you wish to follow their journey or donate funds, http://nicoleandcain.blogspot.com/. Thank you!

DJ Maestro
08-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Yeah, I heard about that this morning on the way in to work. Very sad story indeed. I hope he gets through his illness.

twinj
08-28-2008, 09:42 AM
I will scrape up some money for her

james
08-28-2008, 10:22 AM
ewww. q100. if you didnt listen to that station, you wouldn't be feeling bad right now.

james
08-28-2008, 10:23 AM
sounds like a craigslist scam anyway

Kevykev
08-28-2008, 10:34 AM
^ LOL Nahh it's not hahahahah.

I heard about that story, when i used to listen to the Q I heard about her moving over there, CRAZY Stuff.

I might donate for real!

silversol
08-28-2008, 10:54 AM
sounds like a scam to me!

Nemesis
08-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Its not a scam, you guys are morons.

kelly marie
08-28-2008, 10:56 AM
james, it's not a scam.. wow.. not everybody is out to get you

if you read the blog in the link i provided you would be able to see that.

Vteckidd
08-28-2008, 11:10 AM
sounds like a scam to me!
i agree

Vteckidd
08-28-2008, 11:13 AM
*waits for Obama Supporters to come in an talk about free healthcare*

Ill be honest if its true, my thoughts and prayers go out to them, but there is THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE like this with these kind of problems EVERYWHERE AND EVERYDAY.

It sucks, but sadly that is life. And if he has leukemia that is spreading that fast, not to be a negative nelly but hes prob not going to live very long. Leukemia will spread to his bones and lymph nodes and once it does that your time is limited.

sad story, but so is the rest of America

Vteckidd
08-28-2008, 11:16 AM
She says shes got a laptop, SELL THAT SH!T, i mean isnt it a little odd that someone is in desperate need of money but shes blogging and has a website setup to collect money?

I dunno if it was me, i would be selling everything i owned, and id be using public internet access at the library if i didnt sell my car already lol

james
08-28-2008, 11:19 AM
She says shes got a laptop, SELL THAT SH!T, i mean isnt it a little odd that someone is in desperate need of money but shes blogging and has a website setup to collect money?

I dunno if it was me, i would be selling everything i owned, and id be using public internet access at the library if i didnt sell my car already lol

yeah and by the looks of it, a pretty decent looking house. ****ing sell that **** before you leech off the goodwill of others.

kelly marie
08-28-2008, 01:08 PM
oh goodness.. trust me, i understand millions of people go through hard times. i felt as though i could do my part by at least posting the info.

if you don't "feel" like donating then why bother posting in this thread? i posted this with nothing but good intentions and to make fun of peoples misfortunes is a horrible thing. it's not a scam and they didn't ask for anyones help. a friend of the family called and told the radio station about the fund. they didn't go around spreading the word themself. god forbid anything ever happen to you or your family and you reach out to others for help. you might just realize that nothing everything is as easy as "selling it off". even if they sold EVERYTHING they own.. they don't have insurance and the medical bills are going to be outragous. family can only help so much you know.

besides what will 5 or 10 dollars do for you? gas, maybe lunch? it could potentially help save this man's life or put food in their childern's mouths for a few extra days.

B18c1Turboed
08-28-2008, 06:12 PM
The husband is scamming her, he just wanted his papers and now a little cash.THen he gonna drop her ass!!!