PDA

View Full Version : Awesome car show/sound competition at The City with prizes

firedogfreak
08-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Hey guys my name is Bryant, i am an event cordinator for The City(circuit city) in Hiram on Jimmy Lee Smith pkwy. i am attempting to get together a car show and a sound off. We will be hosting the event on september 27th a saturday in the morning. We will have three competitions including a sound off, classic cars(before 1990), and newbies(1990 and on). Judges will be from several businesses around the area. Prizes will include 150 dollar gift cards. If you are interested in entering or helping spread the word please send me a message or email me at [email protected]. There will be a 20 dollar entrance fee but all procedes past initial costs will go to a local charity(TBA) so please spread the word and contact me as soon as possible

JUSHAVNFUN69
08-28-2008, 07:44 PM
CASH FOR ENTRANCE FEE FOR A SHOW THAT HASN'T BEEN HEAVILY ADVERTISED

firedogfreak
08-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Its kinda been thrown tegether in the last week and this is our advertisement. We are currently getting other businesses involved and would also like for word of mouth to be part of our advertising. You are paying a cash entry fee but prizes greatly out value the cash entry fee. I dont know if this is where your concerns lie but Circuit City is much to large of a company to be tricking people into giving us money. The cash will go to cover our intial costs and the leftover money along with the money from the poplular vote will go to a local charity like the Boys and Girls Club

BITCHING
08-29-2008, 12:05 PM
HOW YOU DOING SOUND OFF

firedogfreak
08-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Anyone who want to enter can and we will have judges who go by a score card based on the equiptment and the overall quality, loudness, bass, clearity. We were not able to obtain a decible tester so we are just going to have judges do it by ear and also we will have a peoples choice

uproot
08-29-2008, 02:57 PM
so... Circuit City changed its name to The City?

firedogfreak
08-29-2008, 10:14 PM
sweet car and kinda...The City is a concept of circuit city that if it goes well will replace all of the original Circuit City stores.

carbongs
09-02-2008, 10:44 AM
do you have any flyers yet? and how far along are you in planning? this is only 3 weeks away

XxE30xX
09-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Can I wear my best buy shirt? =D

rednblacksvt
09-02-2008, 08:04 PM
oh yeah, btw, i am having a car show at my house, entrance fee will only be 15 dollars on the same day at the same time, also, if you bribe me ahead of time i will guarantee you the win. plus, i live in kennesaw, so you wont have to drive as far. if we get 100 entrants I will give you a $200 class prize