PDA

View Full Version : Possible SCCA outing...

Papa_Smurf
08-27-2008, 07:25 AM
Well, I've been looking to get into an SCCA event for quite some time now, and it just so happends that they're having an event on hutchinson island on Saturday, September 20th.

I know it's a long drive for alot of you (3.5 hours from atlanta), but i thought i'd throw the offer out there. I know there are quite a few EF Squad members south of atlanta so if you're down then come and join the fun :cheers:

southside
08-27-2008, 09:39 AM
sounds like fun.

StraightSix
08-27-2008, 10:26 AM
What kind of SCCA event? Autocross, PDX?

mocha latte cupcake
08-27-2008, 10:27 AM
hutchinson isle? :thinking: isn't that near me? savannah area?

Papa_Smurf
08-27-2008, 12:20 PM
What kind of SCCA event? Autocross, PDX?

http://www.buccaneerregion.org/soloevents.html

i'm assuming auto X...

hutchinson isle? :thinking: isn't that near me? savannah area?

yea fool, it's like.... RIGHT by you. lol hutchinson island and savannah are mad close i believe.

yogi08
08-27-2008, 12:26 PM
i guna b durrrrrrrrrrrr. jeejejejeje YEEEEEEHAW

StraightSix
08-27-2008, 01:40 PM
If it's a solo event, then yes, it's an autocross.

cwhiteboy
08-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Thats a long drive. But if my brother is in town i'll have to bring him down there to ride with me since there are no Atlanta region events in september. Theres one this sunday at Atlanta Motor Speedway Alan :D , but thats a pretty long drive for you.

Sammich
08-27-2008, 02:53 PM
link to event please

cwhiteboy
08-27-2008, 03:05 PM
http://www.buccaneerregion.org/soloevents.html

;)

matthewAPM
08-27-2008, 03:08 PM
GL to who is going.

Sammich
08-27-2008, 03:09 PM
;)

my fault thanks for the look out

:goodjob:

Papa_Smurf
08-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Thats a long drive. But if my brother is in town i'll have to bring him down there to ride with me since there are no Atlanta region events in september. Theres one this sunday at Atlanta Motor Speedway Alan :D , but thats a pretty long drive for you.

yea, that's kinda far. i know they do them @ turner field, i might be going to one of those, stay in my home town 4 the weekend and hit up that on the way back to school on the sunday they have them on.

so... chances of you comming are....._%?

i guna b durrrrrrrrrrrr. jeejejejeje YEEEEEEHAW

haha you crazy dude. i think me and austin are gonna go, we've been talking bout it a little bit and i said something in the statesboro/savannah thread.

cwhiteboy
08-27-2008, 04:48 PM
yea, that's kinda far. i know they do them @ turner field, i might be going to one of those, stay in my home town 4 the weekend and hit up that on the way back to school on the sunday they have them on.

They are usually on Saturdays, its just this sunday because of they are having a test and tune on saturday.

so... chances of you comming are....._%?

probably 50%, i dunno, I would really like to go, but thats a long drive to make on my own, cause there is no way in hell the wifey would be down for that drive. but if my brother is in town, he would be down. We'd have to spend the night in Savannah the night before, could be fun :cheers: .

yogi08
08-27-2008, 06:02 PM
I can probably round up 7-10 guys down here. most were busy last night so they didnt come to the meet. we got to promote better for our meets BTW... not jus IA haha.

Papa_Smurf
08-27-2008, 06:31 PM
I can probably round up 7-10 guys down here. most were busy last night so they didnt come to the meet. we got to promote better for our meets BTW... not jus IA haha.

well i'm from the city, and IA is the metro atlanta import site. nopw that i'm out of the metro atlanta area i'm not real up to date on everything.

there any import/car inthusiast websites for bumble fuuck, i mean, statesboro? :D

Papa_Smurf
08-27-2008, 06:32 PM
probably 50%, i dunno, I would really like to go, but thats a long drive to make on my own, cause there is no way in hell the wifey would be down for that drive. but if my brother is in town, he would be down. We'd have to spend the night in Savannah the night before, could be fun :cheers: .

it'd be fun for sure dude :goodjob:

yogi08
08-27-2008, 06:55 PM
well i'm from the city, and IA is the metro atlanta import site. nopw that i'm out of the metro atlanta area i'm not real up to date on everything.

there any import/car inthusiast websites for bumble fuuck, i mean, statesboro? :D
bigboosting.com theyre ight... just not my kinda people. its strictly statesboro with acouple from savannah.

any of yall good with photoshop? would be cool for someone to photoshop somethin up to promote our meets. put them in restraunt windows, news **** around campus, etc etc. i really want 200+ cars at a meet in statesboro. but i dont want a shat ton of stock cars lol

Papa_Smurf
08-27-2008, 08:10 PM
^ i hear ya bro, i saw a few cars i wouldn't mind seeing @ a meet driving around campus today.

i have a homie whos really good with photoshop, but he's usually hard pressed for time. i was thinking the same thing, pass out fliers or something, just put them on nice cars we see around campus.

i say we do the meets a weekly thing, like every tuesday @ 7. same place. If it gets too big we can always move it to that big lot's shopping center or w/e. i noticed that place going home, the parking lot is HUGE and it'd be perfect if the meets every got big.

Papa_Smurf
08-27-2008, 08:13 PM
i know sum1, but he's usually hard pressed for time, but i'll see what i can do. i was thinking bout that today when i saw an STI and a really nice 05 murdered out stang round campus.

you dont have any nice pics of your z3 by any chance, do you? it'd be good to put a nice car like yours on the flyer if i can get it made.

mushroom_toy
08-27-2008, 10:25 PM
You should come to NC with us on sat.

mushroom_toy
08-27-2008, 10:27 PM
To this http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2339902&page=1

yogi08
08-28-2008, 01:17 AM
That's not my z3, that's kyles. But I can ask him if that's cool. We should get an over head pic of the big v meets and use it lololololol. But I wana start parking facing the road next time. Draw more people. I am exhaaauusted and posting from a cellphone sucks.

Papa_Smurf
08-28-2008, 06:45 AM
That's not my z3, that's kyles. But I can ask him if that's cool. We should get an over head pic of the big v meets and use it lololololol. But I wana start parking facing the road next time. Draw more people. I am exhaaauusted and posting from a cellphone sucks.

oh yea....:doh: lol aiight i got you too distinguished now :goodjob:

well, i'ma try to get my buddy to make me up a design, so we'll see where that goes.

yogi08
08-28-2008, 11:20 AM
oh yea....:doh: lol aiight i got you too distinguished now :goodjob:

well, i'ma try to get my buddy to make me up a design, so we'll see where that goes.
I was the one in boots and shorts hahaha. if your buddy can murk up a design thatll be kickassssssss!

SlamminCRX
08-28-2008, 09:45 PM
yo alan, im definetely going to the auto x on the 20th

couple of buddys riding out wit me too

those meets in statesboro, i could probably go to them every once in a while

we should post up and have a meet like somewhere in between this whole statesboro/hinesville/savannah area, that way it wouldnt be too far for everyone.

if you guys get 50 + cars in statesboro, its 51 wit me!

Papa_Smurf
08-28-2008, 10:17 PM
well, theres a bunch of nice cars rolling around campus, but no one is on IA, so we're gonna make flyers and sh1t. lol trying to make a little varsity meet out here in east bumble fuuck.

thats cool about the auto x, i'm pretty sure i'ma go too. should be fun.

question though. if it's auto x, thats just... cones in a parking lot, right? cause i've been to the actual race track thats on Hutchinson island, and theres like 0 run off on many of the turns. i've seen people die there, and if we're driving on the track then i aint driving.

StraightSix
08-29-2008, 07:44 AM
CCR region holds autocrosses at Carolina Motorsports Park sometimes, and they put cones on the straights to slow people down. There's a possibility that they will be using the race track but the SCCA has very stringent guidelines about runoff room and autocross course design.

In short, don't be skeered Alan!

yogi08
08-29-2008, 06:05 PM
well, theres a bunch of nice cars rolling around campus, but no one is on IA, so we're gonna make flyers and sh1t. lol trying to make a little varsity meet out here in east bumble fuuck.

fawwwwwwwk you

i been seeing a ton of cars. plus with 506 people in my phone i be damned if i cant round up 30.

SlamminCRX
08-30-2008, 05:08 PM

thats cool about the auto x, i'm pretty sure i'ma go too. should be fun.

question though. if it's auto x, thats just... cones in a parking lot, right? cause i've been to the actual race track thats on Hutchinson island, and theres like 0 run off on many of the turns. i've seen people die there, and if we're driving on the track then i aint driving.

that track is close, they closed cause they found 2 dead kids that were back there, they were there for days, died cause they crashed their ricey civic

but yea its cones, in the parking lot. thats where they do the auto x

Papa_Smurf
08-31-2008, 03:48 PM
CCR region holds autocrosses at Carolina Motorsports Park sometimes, and they put cones on the straights to slow people down. There's a possibility that they will be using the race track but the SCCA has very stringent guidelines about runoff room and autocross course design.

In short, don't be skeered Alan!

lol dude, if you saw this track, you would be a little worried too. plus, i've seen people die @ this track 1st hand. this track has a reputation for that, and as my only driver, i'd be a little worried, lol.

but i think it's just cones + parking lot, like said below, so it's all skeet.

yogi08
08-31-2008, 04:39 PM
youuuuuuuu need to take your ass to roebling road...... and do it biiiiig!

Papa_Smurf
08-31-2008, 05:59 PM
been then when we went go-kart racing.

yogi08
08-31-2008, 06:05 PM
been then when we went go-kart racing.
did you race with skc?

Papa_Smurf
09-01-2008, 01:23 PM
skc, big south, wka...

yogi08
09-01-2008, 06:21 PM
yuo were with wka too? i was with skc. you did look like ive seen y ou waaaaaaay long before. i quit skc 2 years ago. ha no wander you drive a honda. its a fawking kart basicly.

cwhiteboy
09-01-2008, 06:32 PM
ha no wander you drive a honda. its a fawking kart basicly.

Street legal Go Kart. :D

Papa_Smurf
09-01-2008, 08:27 PM
yuo were with wka too? i was with skc. you did look like ive seen y ou waaaaaaay long before. i quit skc 2 years ago. ha no wander you drive a honda. its a fawking kart basicly.

lol, i quit karting when i was like 8 or 10 because i started playing hockey, and i was much better @ hockey, and it was cheaper too.

but i've been around, still went to races up untill about 2 years ago or so. my dad buids the briggs motors, the flat heads, and now the animals and the "clones"