PDA

View Full Version : 94 civic wiring questions

EthanR
08-26-2008, 07:46 PM
1. i have a 94 hatch came with d15 now its got a d16z6 but what i want to know is wright now i have the stock wiring with jumper wires running from vtec straight into the computer , i have a vtec wiring harness and i want to know if i can just plug the new harness in and have vtec?

2. would vtec wires stuck in my computer make the check engine light come on?

choabie
08-26-2008, 08:36 PM
1. i have a 94 hatch came with d15 now its got a d16z6 but what i want to know is wright now i have the stock wiring with jumper wires running from vtec straight into the computer , i have a vtec wiring harness and i want to know if i can just plug the new harness in and have vtec?

2. would vtec wires stuck in my computer make the check engine light come on? you still would have to wire in vtec

jcs
08-26-2008, 08:48 PM
its sounds like they jsut used the old harness and pinned the ecu..you can use your harness and its possible thats why its throwing cels

turbob20
08-28-2008, 01:18 AM
well its fuzzy on these models. mine wasnt prewired for v tec and its a 95 so 94 may or may not. but my wifes is a 93 and hers is pre wired to the plug where the engine harness plugs and so is my buddys 92. but the d15 engine harness wont be pre wired. you can either find a diagram and pin it into the harness if the existing vtec wires are there at the plug ont the pass side strut tower,(via chilton or some form of digram) or pin straight to ecu.