PDA

View Full Version : Misc Advice for visiting the Smokey Mountains?

Fuster_Cluck
08-26-2008, 05:58 PM
I am heading up there for 4 days in October with my g/f. We are looking for advice on the best place to stay. The place its self must be a secluded cabin with a nice back deck view of mountains. Some of the ammenties we would like are jacuzzi (on deck would be nice), fireplace, pool or ping pong table, BBQ grill, and just an overall nice / clean / pet & smoke free cabin.

We are both big on photography so a nice view from the deck will give up plenty of practice with out newly acquired 10-22mm and 200-500mm lenses.

We plan to travel the mountains for many hours and would like to see anything from on the edge cliff views to waterfalls to just open mountains.

As for distance, we are driving up from ATL and would like to keep the drive under 300 miles one way.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Slomaro Z28
08-26-2008, 06:08 PM
I got married up there, we just searched try gatlinburg.com or google. Our cabin was very secluded, but had no view....now the cabin we stayed in before the wedding with our friends had an awesome view but others around, it was away from the town but there were other cabins.

Also, the secluded cabins hot tub was dirty, the other was nice and clean.....they dont clean up the secluded as much, and the water was well and stunk of sulfur.

Just IMO I'd stay closer to the towns and try to find what you're looking for.

JennB
08-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Take a look at these. They are all different, all have different ammenities like pool table, hot tub, view. Click on each one and look at the little icons that show what each one has.

Try the "October Sky" or "Little Glory" 1br for a good starting place in your search, that might suit you

I've never been there... yet... but I've heard good things and they do look very nice.

http://www.watershedcabins.com/index.phtml

this chart might help you out as well

http://www.watershedcabins.com/cabins.phtml

The Youngn
08-27-2008, 12:19 AM
Try out HickoryMist.com

The cabins are in Gatlinburg. Renting on for my birthday on January