PDA

View Full Version : brake light and abs light on... Help!!

SOHC MONSTER
08-26-2008, 01:29 PM
This is a question for my fellow installers.

Vehicle: 2007 Ford F150 FX2 Crew cab.

Problem: Installed a alarm/remote start with a universal transponder bypass (key in the box) on my truck 2 or 3 weeks ago. Worked perfect for the entire time up until yesterday. I installed a multimedia deck in it yesterday and used only the basic wires (ign., memory, ground and speakers wires). 5 minutes after the installation was completed, I remote started it while I was changing clothes. When I got in the truck I noticed the brake and abs light on.

I changed back to the factory deck this morning already and have tried disconnecting the negative battery terminal to possibly reset the code.

Also, when I roll the ignition on the check engine light comes on and stays on until I actually start the truck, then it goes away.
Could someone tell me wtf is going on with my truck. The son-of-a-beech is being bi-polar.

SOHC MONSTER
08-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Nevermind, problem solved. I did some digging around my fuse box and found a 10a mini blade fuse that was blown. Aparently these trucks are extremely sensitive to any minimal voltage spikes or adjustments.

b@d @pple
08-26-2008, 09:25 PM
with all the new transponder bypasses available why on earth would you use the universal key in the box crap

SOHC MONSTER
08-27-2008, 05:19 AM
with all the new transponder bypasses available why on earth would you use the universal key in the box crap

Because I still had one in the garage and they always work. :yes:

redgst97
08-27-2008, 10:28 PM
Because I still had one in the garage and they always work. :yes:

Except with video, voltage spikes, and mini fuses....

Just messin with ya!!! :)