PDA

View Full Version : Design me a system!

Blitanicle99
08-26-2008, 11:19 AM
So Ive been out of the audio world for awhile now and I wanna do some serious updating to my Crew Cab F250.

All I have right now is a Sony xPLODE head unit and stock speakers... So thats not gonna cut it.

I would like to put together something, LOUD, Crisp, and Clear without spending 10 grand. I have a box already to go behind the seat made for a Crew Cab 250/350 so thats covered.

So whats the best speakers out there for the price, and the best speakers out there period?

Also, sub quality and sound? I don't just want to hear straight base, but I want it to be hella loud.

Just suggestions and what not.

Looking for, front and rear speakers (Components)
Sub for the box 10 inch I believe
Amp brand size and so on
Head unit suggestions. I love Pioneer, the graphic 7 band is the **** inside of it.

Also, suggestions for shops or in home installers around mareitta/Kennesaw area?

6speed
08-26-2008, 11:25 AM
i would go infinity(kappa) for the speakers, a JL sub, a good JL or kicker amp, and I personally like alpine head units.

00RedRT
09-03-2008, 02:37 AM
Also, suggestions for shops or in home installers around mareitta/Kennesaw area?

Sound Sensations in Marietta now has two of the best installers in the southeast. Jeff Smith and James Stanton (formerly of Audio Designs of Atlanta) now work out of the new custom installation area there and I can vouch for their work. They build some of the sickest SQ rides around.

DaSmittyman
09-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Sound Sensations in Marietta now has two of the best installers in the southeast. Jeff Smith and James Stanton (formerly of Audio Designs of Atlanta) now work out of the new custom installation area there and I can vouch for their work. They build some of the sickest SQ rides around.

expensive as **** but grade A stuff:cheers:, cheaper in the garage :bump:

redgst97
09-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Jeff and crew are great at what they do.
You also might want to check out Justin at Area41. He is in your area.
If you are willing to drive to Cumming, I think I do pretty good work...

yunglaosta
09-04-2008, 11:00 PM
budget wise alpine type s speakers (or type s in the front type r's in the back) one alpine type r sub ported box with a alpine 400 watt amp. enough for me.

audiowiz
09-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Come check us out in Buford, its worth the Drive

90_ACCORD
09-13-2008, 10:36 PM
for a sub kenwood is good and not to expensive. kicker is great but your gonna been spending more for it. alpine and pioneer are also pretty good.
amp i wouldnt go over 1000 watt for the peak. you can get some sick bass out of 1000 watts but can also make it so you get treble to. it also depends on the brand. i go all kenwood with my system and i love it

I got 1000watt kenwood 2 channel amp. 2 12" 1200watt kenwood subs

okra1981
09-14-2008, 01:07 AM
I would go with the JL 500/5 amp, simple and you will only have to hide and mount one amp, under the seat or the other half of the back seat. A lower end Fosgate, JL, or Kicker woofer would sound good, down firing need to take a beating. As for highs, I have always loved Boston Acoustics, I heard they were bought out but hopefully they have the same quality. Either build a plate for separates in the front and back or go with some good 6x8's. The Alpine speakers are a good choice too, it is best to just go listen to some displays, everything is personal preference and your actual budget anyway.

420si
09-14-2008, 01:27 AM
For the price, i would go for type s all around for speakers along with an amp. Get a 10w6v2 with your box and a 400 watt alpine amp. This will statified you. Looking at less than 800 if you can find a deal.