PDA

View Full Version : vtec problem

choabie
08-26-2008, 07:05 AM
Ok i just bought a 95 integra with a gsr swap it has a chipped ecu but not tuned.whenever you get on it vtec is kicking in at like 4200 which should be 5200. but when i do hit vtec the rpms go all crazy and jumps from 4 to 8 or 9. what could cause that? its like vtec is not kickin in like it should could it be the chipped ecu?

khaxnguyen
08-26-2008, 07:36 AM
it depends, if you have a crazy all motor car you could just be loosing traction when vtec hits. otherwise it would be a bad distributor or ecu programming

choabie
08-26-2008, 08:02 AM
it might be the computer the guy said it has a chipped but not tuned.they also had a vtec controller on the car and took it off.but its mostly stock but im planning on turboing it. this weekend if i get it figured out

mitch lab
08-26-2008, 09:16 AM
try another gauge cluster and check the alternator.

choabie
08-26-2008, 09:21 AM
try another gauge cluster and check the alternator.i got an extra one ill try it.but if it was the alternator what the batt be going dead

mitch lab
08-26-2008, 10:38 AM
yea, sometimes it's make the gauge cluster go wack then the car run off the battery till it drain, that's when the battery light comes on.

choabie
08-26-2008, 10:39 AM
it was doing it when the guy had it i dont think its that

1SOL2NV
08-26-2008, 12:46 PM
change ECU's ..... check VSS sensor also ..check where the vtec controller was and make sure they didnt cut any wires and left them undone ...

choabie
08-26-2008, 01:27 PM
thanks they did leave wires undone from the vtec controller but dont know what they do

scttydb411
08-31-2008, 11:14 AM
vtec controller wiring harness must be removed. map and vtec wires at the ecu must be re-connected (they get cut and run through vtec controller).

4200 is really low especially if the ecu hasn't been tuned. the tach jumping around sounds like a bad icm/dist. try changing w/ a known good dist and get it tuned.

i'm assuming you don't have any cel. if you do fix those first before doing anything else.

choabie
08-31-2008, 11:28 AM
vtec controller wiring harness must be removed. map and vtec wires at the ecu must be re-connected (they get cut and run through vtec controller).

4200 is really low especially if the ecu hasn't been tuned. the tach jumping around sounds like a bad icm/dist. try changing w/ a known good dist and get it tuned.

i'm assuming you don't have any cel. if you do fix those first before doing anything else.i bought a new ecu its doing the same thing. i ran it out the track friday and it was cuttin out bad. i dont know what it could be but it had no power the rpms where going all wack but i figurad it would of ran faster then 10s lol. my buddy has a stock single cam 4 door civic running 10.5 in the 8th so something is wrong