PDA

View Full Version : Legal help?

Sunkenkarma
08-25-2008, 12:13 AM
So, I have a court date in the beginning of September for Theft by Taking, and Disorderly conduct, heres the story,

A friend and I, were over at my old apartment with my ex-room mate, just hanging out and what not, I had recently moved out, but was still on the lease. So, my old roomate decided to go to bed, so we go to leave, and my friend cant find his keys, great, and he had driven this night, so we decide to walk the few miles to my house and come back in the morning and look for the keys. Well, my smart friend decided to grab the Fire Extinguisher on the way out, no idea why, so we start walking and he sprays a car we are passing, I called him an idiot and told him to just throw the thing away, well he decides to keep it, I figure its not that big of a deal, nothing will happen. Well once we get out of the apartment complex and about half a mile down the road, Oakwoods finest decides the pull up and turn the lights on, they see him with the Fire Extinguisher and immediatly throw him in cuffs, and in the back of the car, a few minutes later the cop comes back from talking to him, and guess what, he decided to tell him that I did it all, great. So I get cuffs on and they put me in another cop car, it turns out we get Disorderly Conduct, and theft by taking, and I spend a week in jail.

First question is, will the theft by taking change any, if I was still on the lease at the time, or do they count that as property of the complex?

Second is, any chance of fighting this, and what would happen if I did?

and Thirdly, would it help any to plead No Lo, or just plead guilty if I decide to take responsability?

Im 18, Im thinking I would most likely get Probation if I decide to plead guilty for all of this, Thanks for taking the time to read it, and hopefully someone can offer a little advice.

X-Runner
08-25-2008, 12:21 AM
Just tell them you were putting out the fire :lmao:

FasTech
08-25-2008, 12:40 AM
^^^LOLOLOL! But seriously, I'd try to fight it... And when all of its done, beat your so-called friends a$$!

osnap
08-25-2008, 12:41 AM
WOW, a week in jail for that? This is the whole story?

Sunkenkarma
08-25-2008, 12:47 AM
yup parents went to florida that night, and little did I know.........The jail phones can only call landline numbers, So I couldnt get in contact with them = / .

FasTech
08-25-2008, 12:49 AM
WOW, a week in jail for that? This is the whole story?

Yeah I was thinking the samething! A whole week for that, A Ex-Buddy of mine stole a Big Screen TV and was caught later that night with the TV and a ounce of pot back in high school... He only spent 2 days in the county jail and his punishment was 2yrs of Probation and 4 days of community service at lake Tobo.