PDA

View Full Version : Street legal ATV?

X-Runner
08-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Ive heard before that you can make an ATV street legal or something. Anyone know if it can be done in Georgia and if so what Id need to do?

silversol
08-24-2008, 11:58 PM
i dont think there is a way to tag and drive a atv on the streets in ga legaly. but you can insure them

X-Runner
08-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Huh. Id like to be able to drive it back and forth to lunch and stuff.

FasTech
08-25-2008, 12:44 AM
I'm not sure if this is possible, but if it were, I'd imagine you would have to have Headlights, Tail lights, Functional Blinkers, Street legal tires, MPH Gauge and something to hold a tag... That would be everything a bike has.

X-Runner
08-25-2008, 12:46 AM
If thats all I need, Ill do it gladly.

FasTech
08-25-2008, 12:53 AM
If thats all I need, Ill do it gladly.

I'm not saying that will work, Just was stating everything a street bike has basically.... I'd look into it though if your really serious about it. And let me know if you get some info on it, because I'd like to make my ATV street legal.. Be nice just to take it to the store or something without the cops always on my back!

X-Runner
08-25-2008, 12:57 AM
Cheap ass GPS unit would do for a speedometer. Got headlights, tail/brake lights. Just need turn signals, not that hard. Im going to look into it some more. If I can make it legal Ill probably lower the ATV so it will drive better on the street and not be so top heavy.

FasTech
08-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Cheap ass GPS unit would do for a speedometer. Got headlights, tail/brake lights. Just need turn signals, not that hard. Im going to look into it some more. If I can make it legal Ill probably lower the ATV so it will drive better on the street and not be so top heavy.

Yeah gas would be alot better for local needs! I live about 6 miles from a local gas station and I use to always ride my dirtbike there when I needed some dip or something, no sense in driving the pick-up I use to have.... But then cops started threating me with tickets and whatnot so, just stopped. Keep in mind, I live in the country, we have no BKs, Walmarts, or anything in my town.. Just a Subway and Piggly Wiggly. So its pretty gay, and they just passed a law to where you can't drive street legal scooters/Mopads in Town.

Me86Rob
08-25-2008, 01:47 AM
ok so what what HAZ to be done to make it legal, basically, is gay. a 4 wheel recreational vehicle cant be tagged. but there is a loop hole. in order to make trikes legal, they had to say 3 wheel recreational vehicles are legal. so there is some company that converts dirtbike swingarms to fit ATVs. so basically, you have 2 front wheels, and 1 back wheel. kinda like a T Rex. then something about it has to be a farm vehicle or something. i read up on it a few yrs ago. seems like more trouble than its worth

hydroshutter
08-25-2008, 01:57 AM
Yeah, they're not able to be tagged by what they're classified as (recreational)

Evil Goat
08-25-2008, 06:04 AM
you cant get a tag for a 4wheeler, although there are laws in place in ga now that allow law enforcement agencies to use them how they see fit....Bibb Co. sheriff's office uses a couple of them in Macon.....not sure if they have radar or not but you will often see them near my office tucked in the woods where the speed limit changes coming into the busy part of town or have people pulled over on that same stretch of road, so my guess is they are running radar as well

Cool Cat Racing
08-25-2008, 07:55 AM
Yea Josh, they've got radar guns on there. I see them all the time riding around near the mall. Its funny when they all get together its like West Side story with a pack of retards on 4 wheelers.

Evil Goat
08-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Yea Josh, they've got radar guns on there. I see them all the time riding around near the mall. Its funny when they all get together its like West Side story with a pack of retards on 4 wheelers.

sob's...always trying to hold the black man down :D