PDA

View Full Version : Misc Book:The Phenomenon of Man

1439/2000
08-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Well in my World lit class we are reading this book called "The Phenomenon of Man" by Teilhard de Chardin. At first its like reading another language its so deep but if you find an explaination online or have a professor help you out you'll understand it a little better

Basically in a nutshell the guy is a Jesuit priest and a scientist. He made alot of different discoveries in the 20s 30s 40s about fosills and evolution and came to the conclusion: Why are scientists and clergy argueing between each other about the existance of God and the existing of Evolution. He believes BOTH are important and they play a large factor with each other and explain things the other has left out.

Anyway I'm not done reading it but it is VERy thought provoking and interesting. Who knew I'd be exciting to sit through KSU parking to get to that class?

Anyway anybody have to read it or have read it for pleasure?

4dmin
08-30-2005, 01:19 PM
the existance of God and the existing of Evolution.

many believe Creation/Evolution go hand and hand. Sounds like a good book i'll have to check it out. :goodjob:

1439/2000
08-30-2005, 01:22 PM
many believe Creation/Evolution go hand and hand. Sounds like a good book i'll have to check it out. :goodjob:

Yeah he just links the two. I don't know it made me look at everything differentyl, you know, one of THOSE books. :)