PDA

View Full Version : costs

andy1
08-24-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm thinking about getting a ninja 250r as a first bike, it seems reliable, and seems like everyone gets/suggests that as a beginner bike, plus it looks great.
but im wondering how much insurance would be for an 18 year old, clean record, and lives in atlanta is the ninja 250 considered a sports bike also? cause i know if it is, it adds to the insurance cost, and can the 250r seat 2 people comfortably, i know the weight limit is 345 or so.. what year model of the 250r do you think is the best, or does it matter, and what color does it come in, all i see is the green.. doesnt look bad though. do you think ninja 500 is also a good beginner bike?

Tarzanman
08-24-2008, 11:09 PM
-A ninja 500 is just as good a starter bike as the 250
-No one knows what your insurance will be. Get on the phone and call progressive. You will get a quote in like 10 minutes
-A 250cc bike will haul 2 people. Its not as comfortable as say, a Goldwing, but it is definitely more comfortable than say, a Honda 600RR
-Get the 2008 Ninja 250 if you can. That thing looks totally bad-ass. You won't regret buying it. the older 250's look like they belong on the set of it-came-from-the-80's

Last reccomendation: Don't get a bike if you live in an apartment complex. 80% of the stolen bikes I hear about are stolen from apartment complexes.