PDA

View Full Version : The hatch has a cold :(

Papa_Smurf
08-24-2008, 08:38 PM
so... when i got to the boro, i noticed this problem with the ZC. it's hard to descirbe, but i'll do my best..

i'll be driving the car, say 1st gear, and i'm climbing in rpm's, and between like 2 grand and maybe 3.5 grand there's like a dead spot. it's like... you hit the gas, and it wolnt go any faster, and this continues till you hit about 3.5 grand and then it will finally take off.

the only thing i can describe it as is a bubble. the "bubble" grows between 2 grand and 3.5 grand, the car will not get any faster, but @ a given point the bubble will "pop" and the car will jerk forward and then will get faster. it's like there's a dead spot in it, and a few people have told me it's a fuel issue, and reccomend changing the fuel filter.

and save the sh1t boys, ik it's a zc, ik it's slow, the entire power band is one big dead spot, :blah::blah::blah: save it. lol

bigdare23
08-24-2008, 08:40 PM
your car is acting like Jermaine's LOL

when the last time you did a tune up?

Papa_Smurf
08-24-2008, 09:01 PM
it's been a minute.

fuel filter maybe?

southside
08-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Yea my brother car was like that he had a single cam ef.But the car was all stock after 18years the filter gave.My friend car does that but its because the dome on his pistons is so big.It stutters at low rpms until like 3k rpms then it drives fine,but thats untuned.

Papa_Smurf
08-25-2008, 10:18 AM
aiight well i'll look into getting that replaced.

DeeAOne
08-25-2008, 10:21 AM
i have a d16a1, (basically a zc) and i have the same problem. it sputters when accelerating in the lower rpms, but after about 3k or so its fine. i have a brand new fuel filter so i know its not that.

Papa_Smurf
08-25-2008, 10:24 AM
i have a d16a1, (basically a zc) and i have the same problem. it sputters when accelerating in the lower rpms, but after about 3k or so its fine. i have a brand new fuel filter so i know its not that.

damn. well... lol this just started happening so idk wtf it could be. my zc pulls strong after this too.

i think we need the all mighty jeff to help us out with this one :goodjob:

DeeAOne
08-25-2008, 10:28 AM
damn. well... lol this just started happening so idk wtf it could be. my zc pulls strong after this too.

i think we need the all mighty jeff to help us out with this one :goodjob:yep, same here. its like ZC vtec. lol

but from experience i dont think its your filter. i just changed mine in july, and it still does it. now maybe injectors or something, thats another story. lol

LIKEG6
08-25-2008, 10:47 AM
check your spark plug wires or water in the spark plug hole

Mine was does it really bad and I had accidentally gotten water in there and now it kinda does it so I think I might have effed up that one wire

DeeAOne
08-25-2008, 10:51 AM
oh yeah i forgot to mention that i do have a little bit of oil on all the plugs. i need new seals. that could be the issue. like T2KU said, make sure to check those.

OG-Skinny
08-25-2008, 03:26 PM
forgot you were OBD1.. Read below!

Nateds16
08-25-2008, 04:01 PM
o2 senser mine did the same thing take it out then drive it an if it stops then thats why

OG-Skinny
08-25-2008, 04:09 PM
o2 senser mine did the same thing take it out then drive it an if it stops then thats why

Actually this is more like it.. +4 for you sir!

LIKEG6
08-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Maybe it's my o2 sensor then even tho it is almost new.

Maybe because I am running rich as ****??

mushroom_toy
08-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Make sure the fuel injectors are clean and do a tuneup son. XD

cwhiteboy
08-25-2008, 05:03 PM
It would make the most sense that it would be something electrical. O2 would be a good start as mentioned above. The problem with all the other ideas is that it would almost always effect his entire powerband, his car is bogging at a certain rpm range. Try O2 sensor, and go from there.

LIKEG6
08-26-2008, 07:51 AM
Mine only does it when it is cold. Once it warms up it runs great.

I just haven't had time to mess with it. Almost everything is brand new as far as tune up goes. The wires are almost a year old. The o2 is like 6 months maybe.

JDMJAYDC2
08-26-2008, 05:19 PM
same thing with my car here is how i fixed it

change 02 sensor
new plugs and wires
change oil
new air filter
clean IM with cleaner-car will run like crap for about a week then back to normal
run 1 bottle of super concentrated fuel injector cleaner on top of a full tank of 93
and change your valve cover gasket im sure when you got your vc done by bucky like did you just took the old one off took the gasket off and put it on the painted one yeah your plugs are wet

do all of this and you should be back to normal

blaknoize
08-26-2008, 07:44 PM
At least ur is just sick. Mines dead :(

Papa_Smurf
08-26-2008, 08:38 PM
it was fine today... lo idk wtf is going on.

southside
08-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Maybe its gettin use to elevation change....or somthing.I know motorcycles are like that like if you stay in New York and you go to Florida.Its a huge difference in the way they ride.

LIKEG6
08-27-2008, 02:00 PM
I think the motorcycle thing has to usually do with having to tune the carb