PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust valve connecting wires????

95civictypeR
08-24-2008, 01:06 PM
I have a 2006 suzuki gsxr 600, the first owner of this bike put an aftermarket exhaust on it. The second owner didn't like the way it sounded, so he takes it off and puts the stock on back on it! Well the 3rd owner (me) gets stuck with the problem. When I go into powerband it sputters, like the valve isn't opening up all the way. If anyone can give me a hand on what I need to do to get it running better please inform me!

Thanks

Tarzanman
08-24-2008, 11:17 PM
post this on the gsxr forums at gsxr.com

They'll tell ya what you need to know

95civictypeR
08-25-2008, 12:06 AM
Thanks bro!

Halfwit
08-25-2008, 07:52 PM
whatsup seth. no air force?

BLK JDM
08-26-2008, 10:12 AM
If it has a Power Commander or Yosh Box then it's probably tuned for having an aftermarket exhaust. Once the last owner reinstalled the stock exhaust it caused the bike to run too lean or rich-hence the sputter. You probably have to load the stock map back on the bike. Is the FI light on?

The 2nd owner may have reinstalled the factory exhaust but kept the exhaust valve open-that'll cause a sputter also b/c the factory map compensates for the leaning out w/ the valve closed. There area couple of variables.

95civictypeR
08-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Hell no I was never going into the Air Force! It was the Army. I'm on call for them, I just don't know when I'm leaving.

No power commander, or yosh box. I posted a thread on GSXR.com they gave me a link to removing the SET valve. So I might end up doing that. See how it does. As far as running too lean or rich, thats probably it. I just don't know how to go about fixing that. What do you think about just taking it off??

Thanks

BLK JDM
08-26-2008, 11:00 AM
You have to disconnect the cables from the motor. You can't just pull the motor off. It will set off the FI light(check engine light for bikes). I'd look into buying a Power Commander or Yosh box and get the bike tuned or download a map off the Power Commander's website or GSXR.com. Power Commanders are likd SAFCs-it's a fuel tuner to richen or lean out the bike for optimum performance.

95civictypeR
08-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Alright sounds good. Thanks for everyones help.

chuck
08-26-2008, 01:38 PM
fyi- a yosh box isn't something you buy, its a tool people use to tune...not anything you'd see on the bike, just used to reflash the computer. i can do a street tune on the bike with the yosh box for $50, this includes either setting or disablining the SET valve and the disabling the FI light as well.

the 06-07 600 and 750 are known for having this issue, a lot of people with even the stock pipes have disabled or removed the valve.

you should be able to see & hear the valve cycle open and close when you turn the key overdepending on which pipe is on there right now, if its not moving then the electrical wires are disconnected and you may need to adjust the cables to keep it opened

95civictypeR
08-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Well I might have you do that for me! Like next weekend maybe!