PDA

View Full Version : Overheating??? question What the **** is up with it

gijoe0720
08-24-2008, 06:20 AM
I know this is the wrong section but it gets more traffic than anywhere else and I need to figure someone out FAST.

My cousins 97 Jeep Wrangler will run fine while driving around. Temperature stays right at 210. If you drive it for about 10-15 minutes after it finally gets to running temperature and you cut it off it sounds like there is alot of pressure in the radiator and it pushing air into the overflow tank and causing it to bubble or the water is boiling but we are pretty sure it ain't going that cause non is evaporating. It will have the exact same amount of water in it as when you first started riding so it doesn't leak anywhere. If you turn the key back on when it is doing that it still just reads 210 or a freshly shiven cun+ hair about. We took the thermostat out and it still does it. Don't think it is the water pump cause we had to radiator cap off and could see if flowing real good. Tried a new radiator cap also. Also the thermostat that was in it was brand new. Also we replaced the fan for the radiator. There is no water on the dip stick so we don't guess it is getting into the motor. The radiator hoses are pretty hard to push in while it is doing it I guess from all the pressure. Could it be his head gasket is bad and somehow letting pressure get in that way? But wouldn't that let water into the motor and since no water is on the oil we figure no water in the motor. Or could his temperature sensor be ****ed up and reading the wrong temperature. Me and his brother was in it last night and it was runnin fine and all of a sudden went straight to 260 and within 4 seconds it went back down to 210 and never did that again. And he said there is a recall on his computer and catylic converter so he has to take it to get a new computer. Never did it before so we figured it wasn't either one of them

Any suggestions? We are out of ideas. And please no stupid replies. This needs to be fixed pretty soon so he can have his jeep back.

Reps to anyone who can give me a reasonable answer even if we try it and it ain't right.

rednblacksvt
08-24-2008, 06:22 AM
run it with the cap off and make sure to get all the air out of the system.
now this thread can be locked or moved.

gijoe0720
08-24-2008, 06:23 AM
also already tried, thanks though reps will be given for a smart answer