PDA

View Full Version : Slowest TunerFest ever

SpeedyDGP
08-24-2008, 05:48 AM
Last night at TunerFest, I was pretty embarrassed to own an import. I mean, WTF people. Those were some of the slowest runs I have ever seen. Of course, most of the american cars sucked ass too, bud damn. I don't even want to post videos to show people what I'm talking about cause I might piss half of IA off by posting their slow ass runs on here. There were: Evo's not launching like they should, S2000s getting high 14s and 15s, SRT4s getting high 14s and 15s, Cobras getting high 14s and 15s, and I don't even want to talk about the boosted 240s that were running 14s 15s 16s and 17s.

To the people people that say that it's the track's fault, that's a bunch of ""I'm an excellent driver"" 8ull $hlt. All you need is one car out there to run the time that it should on it's setup (witch there were several of, ex. 12 sec MR2, 11 sec vette, 335I, E46 conv. M3 and a few more) and that makes everybody else slower then they should be. Prepping might make it easier to get a good 60' time. But is that what you want? Do you want to be right there besides the gay Ferrari owners saying ((but shifting takes skill :gay: , can't I just get a button that I can press and get the car to do it all for me?)). Adapt to the $hlt around you while driving, and that's when you can say it's not your fault something happened, cause it won't be.

So stop crying and do what I did, run a built GT2 like 6 times and the same '99 maxima like 15 times next time you go to the track!!! That way you can get consistent and know your car for that track, and you'll run the same time at all the tracks.

I'M DONE

rednblacksvt
08-24-2008, 06:03 AM
lol...not double clutching like you should.. ha ha ha ha... you drive a 240. lolzz

quickdodgeŽ
08-24-2008, 06:03 AM
Ok. Alex, I'd like to take WRONG SECTION for $1,000, please. After which I'll take WHO CARES for $2,000. Later, QD.

Scotsman
08-24-2008, 07:05 AM
Ok. Alex, I'd line to take WRONG SECTION for $1,000, please. After which I'll take WHO CARES for $2,000. Later, QD.like*

quickdodgeŽ
08-24-2008, 07:15 AM
Thank you, lolol. Later, QD.

Julio
08-24-2008, 09:22 AM
Welcome to commerce.. lol...

MY bnest run of the night was a 13.9 @ 101.. followed by a : 14.2 /14.3/14.5 and 14.1

spinning..spinning..spinning

I honestly dont know why people always complain about time when going to commerce. The track is already know for bad prepping and ****..

Commerce only gives me an idea of what I "may" run at a better prepped track. My best run @ commerce was a 13.7 a couple of month back..

Anyways, Commerce . you know..

4dmin
08-24-2008, 09:29 AM
times were slow b/c the cars are slow - quickest et was 11.4 or 11.5 Greg w/ the hatch he ended up going home w/ $500 for the night :goodjob:

Rican219
08-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Those MR2's were holding their own. They looked good as they passed me LOL

DieselNuts
08-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Last night at TunerFest, I was pretty embarrassed to own an import. I mean, WTF people. Those were some of the slowest runs I have ever seen. Of course, most of the american cars sucked ass too, bud damn. I don't even want to post videos to show people what I'm talking about cause I might piss half of IA off by posting their slow ass runs on here. There were: Evo's not launching like they should, S2000s getting high 14s and 15s, SRT4s getting high 14s and 15s, Cobras getting high 14s and 15s, and I don't even want to talk about the boosted 240s that were running 14s 15s 16s and 17s.

MORE TO COME

I have to leave, but I'm not done. I'll update the post when I get back.
though I agree with you for the most part, the track really was like glass, but I did come to the conclusion that I my next mod is going to be a set of drag radials. Spinning through 3rd gear isnt as much fun as you would think...

eYezs1ck
08-24-2008, 09:44 AM
sorry to say that red evo9 ran 17's :no:

Evil Goat
08-24-2008, 11:49 AM
times were slow b/c the cars are slow - quickest et was 11.4 or 11.5 Greg w/ the hatch he ended up going home w/ $500 for the night :goodjob:

no sir, commerce sucked last night, best example i can think of was jessica fountain....shes as consistent as the sun rising, runs low 13's on motor, and low 12's on the bottle.....she was in the mid 14 range on motor and managed a 13.9X on the bottle....i mean seriously, she was spinning on slicks on a stock gs-r with an intake....their prepped sucked, even worse than the ****hole sdr prep....just glad i decided not to take my car, what a waste that would have been

was an ok event though, if the track was prepped better it would have made it worthwhile to drive 2 hours....sucked having to leave just after midnight after seeing a 11 sec pass as the fastest of the night

Vteckidd
08-24-2008, 12:35 PM
was it BIG GREG with the EK hatch?

Nice to hear he is still around!

Nemesis
08-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Can someone explain this to me?

13.2@ 104 = Reynolds
13.8@ 104 = Commerce?

EJ25RUN
08-24-2008, 12:41 PM
im gonna stick with my belief that it was a bad idea to hold a 7pm - 1 am event. Im sure i have seen more cars show up for a fast friday than last night.

I remember tuner fest years back when it was the middle of the day and people from Florida, Alabama, and other southern states would show up and prolly bring 9 sec street cars and a lot of trailer cars that run lower than 9s.

Evil Goat
08-24-2008, 12:43 PM

13.2@ 104 = Reynolds
13.8@ 104 = Commerce?

no traction out of the hole...

wunquikser
08-24-2008, 01:01 PM

MORE TO COME

I have to leave, but I'm not done. I'll update the post when I get back.

i have to agree..but my first couple runs were pretty bad too..once i got a couple runs in and started to see improvements..best runs of the night for me was 13.6 @ 100 mph

JITB
08-24-2008, 01:03 PM
i have to agree..but my first couple runs were pretty bad too..once i got a couple runs in and started to see improvements..best runs of the night for me was 13.6 @ 100 mph

u were don some good times! along with the other black se-r. but overall there were alot of slow times. But the cars looked like they cold have went faster.

Julio
08-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Now one thing i will say is this.. Mind you yo.. I always agree the commerce sucks when it comes to prepping there track... But last night I took about an hour break from running just to check out other people and see if I was the only one having a bad night..

When I was chillin in the sidelines, I have never seen so many people miss shift-bogging on the line-sleeping at the three in my life...

wtf ! lol

4dmin
08-24-2008, 01:15 PM

13.2@ 104 = Reynolds
13.8@ 104 = Commerce?

there is always the complaint that they don't prep the track properly - this could be some what of the cause + weather but driving is a major issue. tons of sh!tty driving last night + slow cars.

red ran a 12sec which i belive is normal for her she also ran a 14

jaime ran a low 13sec and he also ran 14 last night

tim ran 13 sec

sam ran 13 sec on first pass before getting kicked off

and there were 11-12 passes last night by 5 vechicles. so obviously some people could make it happen and others just fell short. everyone acts they they were robbed of 10 sec passes every year.

wunquikser
08-24-2008, 01:16 PM
u were don some good times! along with the other black se-r. but overall there were alot of slow times. But the cars looked like they cold have went faster.

thanks..somebody had to represent the atl-sr20's.. :goodjob:

4dmin
08-24-2008, 01:19 PM
im gonna stick with my belief that it was a bad idea to hold a 7pm - 1 am event. Im sure i have seen more cars show up for a fast friday than last night.

I remember tuner fest years back when it was the middle of the day and people from Florida, Alabama, and other southern states would show up and prolly bring 9 sec street cars and a lot of trailer cars that run lower than 9s.

actually no avg this year has been 125-130 cars w/ approx 250-300 spectators; so our numbers were pretty good considering we weren't doing anything but racing.

BlueHatch
08-24-2008, 01:20 PM
where you in the red sentra with red gt3's on the back?

JITB
08-24-2008, 01:21 PM

i wanted to see u run the black ser! u both were runnin around the same time...

there was alot of bogging, and windshield wiper smacking, turn signal clicking..misshifting..clutch burning...goin on off the line... :lmfao:

wunquikser
08-24-2008, 01:24 PM
where you in the red sentra with red gt3's on the back?

yea that was me..

wunquikser
08-24-2008, 01:25 PM
i wanted to see u run the black ser! u both were runnin around the same time...

there was alot of bogging, and windshield wiper smacking, turn signal clicking..misshifting..clutch burning...goin on off the line... :lmfao:

haha..the guy with the black se-r was my buddy..he would've taken me as for im all motor..

JITB
08-24-2008, 01:27 PM
haha..the guy with the black se-r was my buddy..he would've taken me as for im all motor..

maybe so he was runnin 13.3 all nite.. very consistent! there was only a handfull of u all runnin constant 13's u and the other black ser and the vettes, and a few others.

Evil Goat
08-24-2008, 02:47 PM
and there were 11-12 passes last night by 5 vechicles. so obviously some people could make it happen and others just fell short. everyone acts they they were robbed of 10 sec passes every year.

do you work for commerce or something? there was NO GROOVE WHATSOEVER to speak of which is slightly important at a track, of course street tire cars pulling up rubber doesnt help....take a trip to Macon/Twiggs National Dragway and let me show you what an actual groove is and then compare it to commerce....i bet you wont be singing the same song then :goodjob:

last night was the first time ive seen actual racing at commerce, ive been a few times to various events, but it always seems to rain, and i must say i was far from impressed (so much so that ill never waste a dollar of my money racing any car i own there), reminds me of the first 2 or 3 import showdowns at sdr....i now understand why people dont want to race at commerce...might be better off contacting sdr and trying to do something there if it must be 1/4 mile, otherwise id suggest a reconnaissance trip to macon national to see how a drag strips really done

4dmin
08-24-2008, 03:01 PM
do you work for commerce or something? there was NO GROOVE WHATSOEVER to speak of which is slightly important at a track, of course street tire cars pulling up rubber doesnt help....take a trip to Macon/Twiggs National Dragway and let me show you what an actual groove is and then compare it to commerce....i bet you wont be singing the same song then :goodjob:

last night was the first time ive seen actual racing at commerce, ive been a few times to various events, but it always seems to rain, and i must say i was far from impressed (so much so that ill never waste a dollar of my money racing any car i own there), reminds me of the first 2 or 3 import showdowns at sdr....i now understand why people dont want to race at commerce...might be better off contacting sdr and trying to do something there if it must be 1/4 mile, otherwise id suggest a reconnaissance trip to macon national to see how a drag strips really done

dude same BS crying we hear every year - i find it amazing some cars still are pulling fine numbers; why would you say they were able to run 11-12 and others weren't? same track same conditions?

i named atleast 4 vehicles that ran numbers they normally run sounds like you guys need to learn to adapt and stop crying that you didn't pull the numbers you wanted. sounds like a your making every other reason then driving.

furthermore we have not intentions to move any events to reynolds b/c we have a good working relationship with the Atlanta Dragway and they are committed to supporting IA and the Import Scene. Plus considering fuel cost I don't want everyone to have to drive 2 hours from Atlanta and over 100+ miles one way to an event. Fuel cost to get there is admission to our event. :2cents:

DieselNuts
08-24-2008, 03:26 PM
my best run for the night was a [email protected] but I couldnt cut better than a 2.257sec 60ft all night. Based on my trap, if I could have cut at least a 1.9 60ft, I could posibly have been in the 12s. I tried out the left lane and spun all of first, second and 3/4 of 3rd and got an embarassing 2.737 60'. I'm not saying Im a good driver and blaming all my times on the track, but I can say that for the most part, I hook up in second on the street no problem...

Evil Goat
08-24-2008, 03:29 PM
dude same BS crying we hear every year - i find it amazing some cars still are pulling fine numbers; why would you say they were able to run 11-12 and others weren't? same track same conditions?

i named atleast 4 vehicles that ran numbers they normally run sounds like you guys need to learn to adapt and stop crying that you didn't pull the numbers you wanted. sounds like a your making every other reason then driving.

furthermore we have not intentions to move any events to reynolds b/c we have a good working relationship with the Atlanta Dragway and they are committed to supporting IA and the Import Scene. Plus considering fuel cost I don't want everyone to have to drive 2 hours from Atlanta and over 100+ miles one way to an event. Fuel cost to get there is admission to our event. :2cents:

please remember, this is an unbiased opinion, so im not crying, ive never laid a car on commerces track, im speaking of what i saw right in front of my eyes last night...if they were committed to anything other than the big events held they would prep the track....theyre committed to taking their cut of the event...thats evident in the track looking like a sheet of glass....a well prepped track will be dull when you look at it, and you wont be blinded by the overhead lights glaring off the racing surface...if you cant see that youre blind.

its possible that if the event were held somewhere with a little better reputation, not saying sdr is the house of hook or anything and same goes with MTND, that it might would draw out the faster cars, more people....bottom line is IA hosted a drag racing only event at a venue that is known for slower than normal times at an awkward time and expects anything but 14 second cars to show up

sometimes listening to people who dont have a working relationship with a venue and no monetary interests in the event can be a good thing, which doesnt look like you all do with your comments about getting the same crap every year....i guess in this case loyaltys a bit*h, youre just as glazed over as that track was b/c of your "working relationship" with the venue......there isnt a thing in this world that will ever make me make that trip again to watch mostly crap cars on a crap track.

and i dont want to hear bs about other cars running 11-12 seconds, good top end can cure the common ****ty track....lets see their 60' times and then you can throw that into the mix

different track....different time frame....and i guarantee an 11 second car wont make the crowd gasp like it did last night

Evil Goat
08-24-2008, 03:32 PM
my best run for the night was a [email protected] but I couldnt cut better than a 2.257sec 60ft all night. Based on my trap, if I could have cut at least a 1.9 60ft, I could posibly have been in the 12s. I tried out the left lane and spun all of first, second and 3/4 of 3rd and got an embarassing 2.737 60'. I'm not saying Im a good driver and blaming all my times on the track, but I can say that for the most part, I hook up in second on the street no problem...

just curious...was this on street tires?

DieselNuts
08-24-2008, 03:39 PM
yeah. some pretty crappy 275 sumitumos

Evil Goat
08-24-2008, 03:41 PM
i gotcha, not bad man, you have a cobra correct? what color is it?

DieselNuts
08-24-2008, 03:43 PM
yeah, its the white one. I just installed a 2.76 pulley just before I headed to the track.

JITB
08-24-2008, 03:48 PM
yeah, its the white one. I just installed a 2.76 pulley just before I headed to the track.

i think remember hearing ur car spin halfway down the track..lol

DieselNuts
08-24-2008, 04:00 PM
lol, yeah, that was me

Ruiner
08-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Ahh, I remember those days at the track...

12.29 @ 116.25 mph BONE STOCK (a 1.79 60ft on street tires with FULL tire pressure - 46psi in the rear). :)

DieselNuts
08-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Ahh, I remember those days at the track...

12.29 @ 116.25 mph BONE STOCK (a 1.79 60ft on street tires with FULL tire pressure - 46psi in the rear). :)
all in the pathfinder :D

Ruiner
08-24-2008, 04:17 PM
all in the pathfinder :D

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Actually, they make a Stillen SC'er kit for the 4.0 VQ engine. :)

Ya know, had Porsche Cars North America known what I was doing at the 1/4 mile strip, they would have probably had me "offed" or something.

"You are drag racing a 911 turbo? Are you out of your ****ing mind! Give us the keys....right now." (German accent)

4dmin
08-24-2008, 05:18 PM
please remember, this is an unbiased opinion, so im not crying, ive never laid a car on commerces track, im speaking of what i saw right in front of my eyes last night...if they were committed to anything other than the big events held they would prep the track....theyre committed to taking their cut of the event...thats evident in the track looking like a sheet of glass....a well prepped track will be dull when you look at it, and you wont be blinded by the overhead lights glaring off the racing surface...if you cant see that youre blind.

its possible that if the event were held somewhere with a little better reputation, not saying sdr is the house of hook or anything and same goes with MTND, that it might would draw out the faster cars, more people....bottom line is IA hosted a drag racing only event at a venue that is known for slower than normal times at an awkward time and expects anything but 14 second cars to show up

sometimes listening to people who dont have a working relationship with a venue and no monetary interests in the event can be a good thing, which doesnt look like you all do with your comments about getting the same crap every year....i guess in this case loyaltys a bit*h, youre just as glazed over as that track was b/c of your "working relationship" with the venue......there isnt a thing in this world that will ever make me make that trip again to watch mostly crap cars on a crap track.

and i dont want to hear bs about other cars running 11-12 seconds, good top end can cure the common ****ty track....lets see their 60' times and then you can throw that into the mix

different track....different time frame....and i guarantee an 11 second car wont make the crowd gasp like it did last night

since you were driving last night :rolleyes: i'm dying to know how much more prep you expect a track to do considering the damp conditions...? i mean you prep strips and are a pro drag racer right? they had to stop racing a few times for rain and idiots running A/C down the track.

you keep talking about reputation of the track... have you ever been to southern nationals or some of the other major events they hold there? they are massive and destroy any import event thrown on the east coast w/ top drag racers in the world. you can't host events like this if you can't prep a track - these events are televised. do they prep the track for street cars as they do for pro drag cars? no, why would they?

this event is a chance to get the imports out and have a good evening at the track. this was done at a cost = to going to the movies for a night. if you and other would like to shell out more money for true bracket racing lets say 100$ to race i'll make sure i have the prep ready the track as they would for a southern nationals.

Leadfoot_mf
08-24-2008, 05:26 PM
lol i still had fun.

redrumracer
08-24-2008, 05:31 PM
you keep talking about reputation of the track... have you ever been to southern nationals or some of the other major events they hold there? they are massive and destroy any import event thrown on the east coast w/ top drag racers in the world. you can't host events like this if you can't prep a track - these events are televised. do they prep the track for street cars as they do for pro drag cars? no, why would they?
why wouldnt they do the same for one as they do the other. i think thats his point. :2cents: could be wrong but prob not.

either way i think i might have stood a chance last night at actually beating someone from what ive heard.

4dmin
08-24-2008, 05:42 PM
why wouldnt they do the same for one as they do the other. i think thats his point. :2cents: could be wrong but prob not.

either way i think i might have stood a chance last night at actually beating someone from what ive heard.

they prep tracks more for full out drag cars compared to street cars -cost/time. last night would of been the same as any other friday night considering the same damp conditions. its not like we were in 100 deg dry weather last night w/ slow times ;)

like i put in a previous thread almost no one signed up for bracket racing, if everyone wants to pony up for bracket racing we can get better track prep. event was designed around test n tune and that how the track was setup. 20$ for 6 hours of racing (cheaper then other import events like nopi, importshowdown, etc) - that's pretty cheap for a amount of entertainment provided, but again you get what you pay for.

how do you think you stood a better chance w/ better track prep? better conditions doesn't change the playing field - if you can't drive you can't drive. i watch a ton of races last night w/ people who couldn't even shift their vehicles like evos run 16-17sec passes. a civic/eclipse ran 11sec last night, 3 people in the 12's , etc... so obviously some people were able to pull out good times considering conditions.

Evil Goat
08-24-2008, 07:19 PM
since you were driving last night :rolleyes: i'm dying to know how much more prep you expect a track to do considering the damp conditions...? i mean you prep strips and are a pro drag racer right? they had to stop racing a few times for rain and idiots running A/C down the track.

this event is a chance to get the imports out and have a good evening at the track. this was done at a cost = to going to the movies for a night. if you and other would like to shell out more money for true bracket racing lets say 100$ to race i'll make sure i have the prep ready the track as they would for a southern nationals.

i seriously think you are completely glazed over with the situation, like i said, i invite you to come to macon national dragway, on a regular friday night since you insist noone preps as well for street cars as they do for an event, and see what real track prep is all about, this venue was bought by some guys who are solely out to see good times out of their track and build a reputation that you so blindly think commerce has.

MTND had a reputation for being a crud track, with unpaved pits....TP3 Motorsports came in and purchased the 85 acres and completely revamped the venue, had a track leveling firm from michigan come down and leveled the full 1/8th mile strip, you know...so no BS bumps in the track, say like oh i dont know, commerce has, now MTND has all new facilities, they prep before racing every time, stop for 15 mins or so half way through, and respray to the 60' and redry both lanes....and yes, even on a friday night they will do this, i was cutting 2.0 60's on near dry rotted street tires a couple weeks ago

i was at commerce for the nopi series a couple months ago, i remember checking the track out and seeing a massive drop off mid track...but of course this comes from such a nice track...in which they were having it fixed just in time for a national domestic event....face it buddy, commerce doesnt give two ****s about imports, no matter how much you tell yourself it does, they want your money and your 15 second time slips.

bottom line is how do you make the experience better? just form seeing your responses it seems as if you all have dollar signs in your eyes, worried more about how to make a buck than to make a successful event....but i can tell you it isnt going to get better by sitting around defending a track who is known for poor track prep just b/c you have a business relationship with them....

has a representative for IA contacted your track rep and advised them of the stereotype the track has and tried to figure out a solution to the problem? it isnt that hard to pick up a phone and say hey, "how much more would an event run us to get a little lc6 sprayed on the track and have them run the dryer on both lanes half way through?" im sure people wouldnt mind paying a little extra if this could be accomplished.

im not trying to be a douche, i just think the event was targeted at the lower end of the import scale, its hard to dress up a terd, no matter how hard you try, and i dont think the event will see any growth or decent competitions until someone listens, it certainly doesnt warrant a 2 hour drive to watch or compete in and as hard as it may be to admit not all the fast cars are located around commerce, ga.....so it seems that complaints will fall on deaf ears and the event will continue to be lackluster

how do you think you stood a better chance w/ better track prep? better conditions doesn't change the playing field - if you can't drive you can't drive. i watch a ton of races last night w/ people who couldn't even shift their vehicles like evos run 16-17sec passes. a civic/eclipse ran 11sec last night, 3 people in the 12's , etc... so obviously some people were able to pull out good times considering conditions.

i tried to explain this, but this is the most useless argument you can try...these cars running good times are more than likely running a nice sized turbo setup, allowing them to not have as much power coming off the line, they get outside of the 60' mark and all hell breaks loose, like i said, a good top end is the common cure for a ****ty prepped track....so this argument is null and void, now i will admit some people cant drive, but a driver who has participated in countless nopi events, IFO, etc comes out and is spinning out of the hole on a stock gs-r on slicks is not b/c she cant drive, its b/c the track blows donkey ****

n00bsrus
08-24-2008, 07:36 PM
you know what i noticed? (and this is not directed to anyone in particular) but there was a LOT of spinning tires down the track... hmm i wonder if it has to do with all the street tires i saw on cars? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLL maybe that's why it was so slow. idiots just don't know how to drag race. saw a lot of redlighting too.

4dmin
08-24-2008, 08:15 PM
you know what i noticed? (and this is not directed to anyone in particular) but there was a LOT of spinning tires down the track... hmm i wonder if it has to do with all the street tires i saw on cars? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLL maybe that's why it was so slow. idiots just don't know how to drag race. saw a lot of redlighting too.

no that can't be b/c all real drag cars use street tires - its their turbos setups that allow them to make good numbers IN THE RAIN :lmfao:

green91
08-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Sounds to me like a lot of people got their butts hurt over their slow times lol.

4dmin
08-24-2008, 08:20 PM
i tried to explain this, but this is the most useless argument you can try...these cars running good times are more than likely running a nice sized turbo setup, allowing them to not have as much power coming off the line, they get outside of the 60' mark and all hell breaks loose, like i said, a good top end is the common cure for a ****ty prepped track....so this argument is null and void, now i will admit some people cant drive, but a driver who has participated in countless nopi events, IFO, etc comes out and is spinning out of the hole on a stock gs-r on slicks is not b/c she cant drive, its b/c the track blows donkey ****

i'm done argueing with you b/c your going to make excuses all day about how it was track prep why your girl didn't run the times she should of. it is amazing the first civics to break 10's in GA were up at commerce but hey they have a slow track and everyone knows that - i'm sure Force and many other pros do the same every time they are at Commerce, "sorry we lost it was due to poor track prep". :goodjob:

Nemesis
08-24-2008, 08:22 PM
lol i still had fun.

Yeah, agreed. I think most people know you dont go to commerce to beat your best time ever. It was good to get some more seat time in. Personally for me, thats what I need the most, and what a lot of other people need as well. So for me I was working on my shifting (which wasnt that great anyways, but also my mental game at the track), and a few other things.

Either way, compared to a lot of the other cars time a 13.8 at commerce isnt too bad for me, considering I only have an intake :lmao:

People need to just chill :) If you dont want to run, then dont pay to go or the gas to go there, nobody is twisting your arm.

Heres to seeing you biatches at SDR. :cheers:

I must say though, chirping third was a first for me. lol I was like :eek: sweet.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v334/jitb37/tunerfest%20video/?action=view&current=20080823193121.flv

My last run of the night was pure awesome.... lmao to those that saw it = 16.45@ 98mph :lmfao:

Evil Goat
08-24-2008, 08:25 PM
no that can't be b/c all real drag cars use street tires - its their turbos setups that allow them to make good numbers IN THE RAIN :lmfao:

its all good man, small local events that cater to low hp, low end cars, with the occasional decent vehicle seems to be your niche...keep up the good work :goodjob:

ct9a gsr
08-24-2008, 08:28 PM
A lot of the faster people don't feel like prepping their cars to Commerce's rigorous rules and standards to run.

Evil Goat
08-24-2008, 08:38 PM
People need to just chill :) If you dont want to run, then dont pay to go or the gas to go there, nobody is twisting your arm.

its all good man, im not getting worked up, paul thinks im upset at the times that jessica fountain ran, when in reality, ive literally met her a handful of times, have never turned a wrench on her car, and am just amazed that a stock gs-r on slicks spinning out of the hole with decreasingly less pressure in the slicks and its blamed on driver skill, maybe once, maybe twice, but not all night....like i said the event was lackluster and it will be blamed on the rain, noone in the realms of the "upper management of IA" care to hear what people say so i have no doubt this event will remain the same, atleast gadsm was willing to ask about track prep and it seems to have gotten better and ill be damned if people arent willing to drive 2 hours or more to be at sdr....tunerfest might as well be a friday night meet b/c the same slow cars would have been there turning the same slow times and then ego's dont get hurt

Julio
08-24-2008, 09:01 PM
its all good man, im not getting worked up, paul thinks im upset at the times that jessica fountain ran, when in reality, ive literally met her a handful of times, have never turned a wrench on her car, and am just amazed that a stock gs-r on slicks spinning out of the hole with decreasingly less pressure in the slicks and its blamed on driver skill, maybe once, maybe twice, but not all night....like i said the event was lackluster and it will be blamed on the rain, noone in the realms of the "upper management of IA" care to hear what people say so i have no doubt this event will remain the same, atleast gadsm was willing to ask about track prep and it seems to have gotten better and ill be damned if people arent willing to drive 2 hours or more to be at sdr....tunerfest might as well be a friday night meet b/c the same slow cars would have been there turning the same slow times and then ego's dont get hurt

I agree with the Track prep... But You keep saying slow cars ? Shouldve run your car.. maybe you couldve shown some of us what fast is ... In your "GOAT" ..

Those cars remind me of a fat girl with a good pu$$y. ( fat girl = heavy car / good pu$$y = great motor)

Anyways, things are not the same as 2 or 3 years ago.. Alot of people have layed off a bit of the whole car thing.. alot of OG's getting bigger/luxury cars.. atleast around atlanta.. I'm glad the macon is having fun with there good track and fast cars.. But remember one of the 1st import to hit an 11 in Atlanta was back in 99-00 with a EG hatch w/ all motor LS.. ( brian forsyth) @ commerce.. That was big to see a 4 banger do that in those days.. Macon was unheard of.. Of course cant compare markets neither.. But lets be glad that Atleast some people in GA are still playing around with 4 bangers...

I had fun.. I'm not a drag racer or anything.. but enjoy any track/seat time I get.
Plus Leadfoot = one funny ass mother****er :lmfao:

BTEC
08-24-2008, 09:16 PM
what other track have yawl been to that nobody broke an axle other than commerce? ive seen broken axles at everytrack in the state including alabama except commerce. the only time ive seen good prepping is for nhra events. next time IA shouldnt pay unless ur shoes stick to the track when u walk on it.

Evil Goat
08-24-2008, 09:26 PM
I agree with the Track prep... But You keep saying slow cars ? Shouldve run your car.. maybe you couldve shown some of us what fast is ... In your "GOAT" ..

Those cars remind me of a fat girl with a good pu$$y. ( fat girl = heavy car / good pu$$y = great motor)

power can overcome weight, wouldve shown that vette what the deal was with ease ;) although the vette sounded great

i just think what im saying is being misconstrued as making excuses for someone when in reality id like to see more events at local tracks

DieselNuts
08-24-2008, 09:35 PM
I've heard that the best time to run @ commerce is the Friday after the Southern Nationals, Fun Ford Weekend and the Super Chevy Show....

SpeedyDGP
08-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Original Post has been Updated

DieselNuts
08-24-2008, 09:37 PM
i just think what im saying is being misconstrued as making excuses for someone when in reality id like to see more events at local tracks
I agree with you, but I probably speak for a lot of people when I say that I dont want to run on an 1/8th mile track...1/4mi. is where its at.

Jaimecbr900
08-24-2008, 09:42 PM
red ran a 12sec which i belive is normal for her she also ran a 14

jaime ran a low 13sec and he also ran 14 last night

sam ran 13 sec on first pass before getting kicked off

1. I came to support my boy's event, so I didn't care if I ran a 16.
2. I only ran twice: 13.0 and 13.4. No 14's Paul, NO 14's....:2up: :D
3. Patrycja only ran twice: 12.7 and 13 something. She ran against me both times. NO 14's for her either.;)
4. We both spun like crazy, but so what. I think my best 60', if you can call that "best", was 2.1 almost 2.2.
5. We both had a good time.
6. Macon Int'l Dragway is 1/8 mi. :gay: That only caters to one kind of race car. Yes, I've heard that it is uber prepped. Yes, I've heard it's a bad ass super level and super nice surface. But 1/8??? No thanks. :goodjob:

The end. ;)

RandomGuy
08-24-2008, 10:00 PM
jaime's scared of the 1/8th cuz he granny shifts/not double clutching like he should

Jaimecbr900
08-24-2008, 10:24 PM
jaime's scared of the 1/8th cuz he granny shifts/not double clutching like he should

I only WISH to be able to shift at all......my auto tranny sucks arse......:D

Nice seeing you at the track BTW. :goodjob:

Evil Goat
08-25-2008, 05:34 AM
6. Macon Int'l Dragway is 1/8 mi. :gay: That only caters to one kind of race car. Yes, I've heard that it is uber prepped. Yes, I've heard it's a bad ass super level and super nice surface. But 1/8??? No thanks. :goodjob:

it was merely a suggestion, for me MTND is 30 miles closer to my house than sdr, it costs $5 more to race, but the line is short and the track is prepped to the max....walk the first 60' at commerce on a friday night and i guarantee your shoes wont even make noise, at MTND its like walking through gum. couple that with the fact that its been about 2 years since ive really raced and you get me at a MTND working on my 60's since most races are won in the first half of the track....

im running the crappiest tires i have at the track in hopes that it will better prepare me for the day when i finally break down and grab a set of sticky tires

im in high hopes that TP3 is able to purchase the adjoining land out at MND, b/c word has it if they do they will be increasing the track to 1/4 mile...if this happens and they continue on the path they have already set theres no doubt in my mind they will put sdr out of business

B18c1Turboed
08-25-2008, 10:24 AM
quickest et was 11.4 or 11.5 Greg w/ the hatch he ended up going home w/ $500 for the night :goodjob:

YES we did, thanks IA!@!!! :goodjob: :taun:

And track conditions did sux, but what you expect it was drizzling, but it was a shame too see so many 14sec cars, people in the lanes where all happy they even ran that. Im sure if Peters car didnt mess up you would have seen a 10 sec pass, we know what to do too make that car hook!! O well always next year!!

BlueHatch
08-26-2008, 12:24 AM
yea that was me..
that thing sounded tuff man. reps for you