PDA

View Full Version : Need help welding on a honda block

WHT_EP3
08-24-2008, 03:15 AM
so i went to tunner fest to watch a **** load of fast car then my friend tells me
"dude so do you wanna run my car" i was like sure....... so to make a long story short i launched it really hard and where the rear baracket to the rear motor mount bolts up to the engine block broke off and was left behind as i ran down the track and got a horrible 14.4
ok the car is a 94 integra LS and my question is :can you weld that piece back on to the block? how much would it cost me? and who can do A GOOD JOB?
cause i dont think he has the funds for a new engine right now
this is my question for IA
PLEASE help me out GUYS........:goodjob:

WHT_EP3
08-24-2008, 04:46 PM
bumP

Tech5
08-24-2008, 04:54 PM
pics would help

FasTech
08-24-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm pretty sure if you weld it back on, it will not be as strong as what it was! I mean you said you don't have the funds for a new motor, so you might not have any other choice... Just baby the car if you decide to do it.

WHT_EP3
08-24-2008, 10:19 PM
thanks for the response but some one told me that you could weld it back on and it would be stronger than before but he exchanged numbers with the owner of the car and not me but i just wanted to know if anyone here had the same thing happen to them and how did they fix the problem........

silversol
08-24-2008, 11:39 PM
i have seen it happen with the trans it has two 19mm bolts. if thats what it is your best bet is going to be a new case for the trans because they are threaded in. if its teh one in the block you could weld it. but the block is aluminum which means no just any one can weld it not many people weld aluminum.

X-Runner
08-25-2008, 12:45 AM
If its aluminum I can give you a guy that will weld it up. Not sure what he will charge and if you would have to pull the engine for him to want to do it or not.

BlueHatch
08-25-2008, 12:22 PM
there were fast cars at tunerfest?

carbon_crash
08-25-2008, 12:28 PM
PM BHoov(spell check), he does Tig welding. He welded up some aluminum wheels for me and did a good job. See what he says about it

WHT_EP3
08-25-2008, 08:45 PM
well the problem is about to be solve with a new tranny as the guy said above,,,,, well thanks everyone for the feed back rep were given
and hell yeah there were fast cars there........ there was a hatch running 11.00 and there was a couple of muscle there they were all right....... and that ridicoulusly fast integra with the JDM front end was there you know that is fast as hell
and a red supra but i didnt see his time.......