PDA

View Full Version : I was wondering if anyone put a turbo on the new gen tib yet?

neontuner95
08-30-2005, 11:21 AM
If so what's the car boosting at safely and whats the stats

neontuner95
08-31-2005, 09:56 AM
Well lets see the car would even more tempting to buy if it came with a turbo from the jump making 12psi and at least 255hp 247ft torque@ the wheel, also making it a little lighter.

hitomi
08-31-2005, 10:49 AM
hi. the problem that most people are having with boosting the tiburons is the fact that the piston rings are blowing. the pistons are literally crap, so anyone who has decided to up their boost are ending up having to get an entirely new set of pistons, or just going out of their way and splurging a few grand on forged ones before they even try to up the boost. as long as you fuel tune you can probably push 9, but i dont think i'd go much higher than that. i know of someone who had a turboed tib who ended up detonating and had to get a new car anyway. but with a built motor, there is a lot of possibility out there for the tiburons. i also know of someone who is twin turboing his car as we speak. as of right now, i think the fastest tib is pushing close to 400hp, but i could be wrong.

DemonEyez
08-31-2005, 11:40 AM
Well lets see the car would even more tempting to buy if it came with a turbo from the jump making 12psi and 255hp 247ft torque@ the wheel, also making it a little lighter.

Jerome from Panama city, FL. black 6 speed tib. put a custom turbo on his tiburon.

13 psi @ 347whp i believe.

amazingly fast car. stock block. stock internals, stock heads, etc.

2.5" turbo back exhaust + spark plugs + plug wires + upgraded clutch and flywheel were his only other mods otehr than the entire turbo system.

unfortunately, he had to sell the kit for money when his wife divorced him. he ran it for over 6 months and didnt take it easy either. I know for a fact each night he was out racing people for hours.

neontuner95
08-31-2005, 01:00 PM
Thanks for replying those are tight numbers

quickdodgeŽ
08-31-2005, 03:53 PM
each night he was out racing people for hours.

Wow. He sounds like a real swell guy. Street racing is really cool. I say thisd to every idiot that street races so don't take it as I am just singling out SEU. Later, QD.

hitomi
08-31-2005, 04:05 PM
jerome is not a member of seu. but yeah, i agree, street racing is a horrible idea. i know that everyone argues that they know their car and their ability, but you can never ever judge how another driver is going to react what they are seeing in their mirrors.

quickdodgeŽ
08-31-2005, 04:15 PM
^^^ Exactly. Later, QD.

DemonEyez
09-02-2005, 12:50 AM
lemme just clarify. when you live in apanama city. with on base housing. where they let ya do it on closed roads. its fine which he did

he also street raced... at 2 am. on back roads.. with lotsa other friends watching the road ahead and behind for other cars.. not bad.

and he also went to the drag strip just about each weekend.

he didnt do any street street racing that i rememer while being there, or hearing about.

quickdodgeŽ
09-02-2005, 04:43 AM
he also street raced... at 2 am. on back roads.. with lotsa other friends watching the road ahead and behind for other cars.. not bad.

So this right here made it legal, because it was back roads at 2 am, with people watching? Hmmmm, right. Later, QD.

DemonEyez
09-02-2005, 09:12 AM
So this right here made it legal, because it was back roads at 2 am, with people watching? Hmmmm, right. Later, QD.

maybe u can't read. i never said it made it legal. I just said it wasn't as bad. and holy shiat wtf u doing up at 5 am.

quickdodgeŽ
09-02-2005, 02:26 PM
maybe u can't read. i never said it made it legal. I just said it wasn't as bad. and holy shiat wtf u doing up at 5 am.

Yea I can read, asshole. And yes it is "just as bad" because it is still illegal. And holy shit, don't worry about why I'm up at whatever time. Later, QD.

Xrated O.G.
09-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Yea I can read, asshole. And yes it is "just as bad" because it is still illegal. And holy shit, don't worry about why I'm up at whatever time. Later, QD.

When you are driving around the A-town, do you ever break the speed limit. Even by just 1 MPH?

quickdodgeŽ
09-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Let me guess. Your "point" will be that I am breaking the law, too, so I have no grounds to stand on. Maybe I should add very unsafe to the reasons not to street race.

Yea, when I can I'll hit the 70 in a 65. Although illegal, too, cops don't usually come after 5 mph because it is not worth it in the way of time spent vs. fine amount. I'm also not in an aggressive frame of mind in a competition trying to outrun someone else. That is where things get really unstable. But hey, I'm sure you'll come back and want to start some street race war with me trying to justify it and we will just go back and forth about it. Later, QD.

DemonEyez
09-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Let me guess. Your "point" will be that I am breaking the law, too, so I have no grounds to stand on. Maybe I should add very unsafe to the reasons not to street race.

Yea, when I can I'll hit the 70 in a 65. Although illegal, too, cops don't usually come after 5 mph because it is not worth it in the way of time spent vs. fine amount. I'm also not in an aggressive frame of mind in a competition trying to outrun someone else. That is where things get really unstable. But hey, I'm sure you'll come back and want to start some street race war with me trying to justify it and we will just go back and forth about it. Later, QD.

ur right tho closing down a road. blocking it off. making sure no one is on it. radio'ing it in. haveing 2 cars race against each other on a 3 lane road. at 2 am. with no one around.. is again super reckless because we could endanger hundreds of lives. wait.. thats kinda what a drag strip is isnt it... omg.

quickdodgeŽ
09-02-2005, 11:41 PM
omg.....you have just proven your point for why it is super cool to street race. omg....what are you a fuccing pansy? Goddamn idiot, more like it. Later, QD.

DemonEyez
09-03-2005, 10:54 AM
omg.....you have just proven your point for why it is super cool to street race. omg....what are you a fuccing pansy? Goddamn idiot, more like it. Later, QD.

you still cant read can you ya fucking retard. Since when in this post did i say street racing is super cool. and oh yeah i apparently typed out that I street race allllll the time too.

Allll i said was that he does it in sitauations with as much control over the traffic, etc that they can get. As apposed to alot of other idiots out on the streets during traffic all day and night. yes its still illegal but dont gimme that shit everyone breaks the law. You just think your justified in calling others idiots because their not in agreement with your idea of what laws are o.k to break.

quickdodgeŽ
09-03-2005, 11:38 AM
you still cant read can you ya fucking retard.

Nice one on the name-calling. Did a lot of research for that one, huh.

Since when in this post did i say street racing is super cool.

You trying to Justify it would makes me think you are for it.

Allll i said was that he does it in sitauations with as much control over the traffic, etc that they can get.

Wow. So. It still isn't a controlled track is it?

You just think your justified in calling others idiots because their not in agreement with your idea of what laws are o.k to break.

So you think that law is ok to break. Then my words are correct. "You are an idiot." I think we both can now realize where the retard factor comes in. Do you think you could try less at being stupid? Is that even possible with you. Later, QD.

hitomi
09-03-2005, 09:55 PM
dai, you're being a idiot. you shouldnt street race. there is too much at stake for anyone involved. its dangerous, and it really isnt worth it.

DemonEyez
09-03-2005, 10:44 PM
dai, you're being a idiot. you shouldnt street race. there is too much at stake for anyone involved. its dangerous, and it really isnt worth it.

once again u all cant read. yes you too hitomi go up and show me where it says that I street race.. k thanks

and again QD i said "YOUR ideas of what laws are o.k to break". not that I think its o.k to break laws. jeez ya all are a buncha retards.

SNapper
09-03-2005, 11:08 PM
shit man if you don't like street raceing then stfu and don't do it. i'll pass your ass at 150 and i really don't care if it makes you mad. you can call me anything you want but that's me and you takeing over this guys thread by talking about street raceing isn't going to change who street races and who doesn't.

quickdodgeŽ
09-04-2005, 08:36 AM
I think I'll pass on the STFU thing, idiot. I just hope and (if I prayed) that when you pass me at whatever speed from trying to race me, that you run over something that sticks in your tire, cause an immediateblow-out, sends you into the median wall or telephone pole and cause your head to be severed off your body and you die painfully. That's all I hope for you. That won't make me mad at all. I'd probably celebrate "NATIONAL IDIOT GETS WHAT HE DESERVES DAY."

And DemonEyes, it is you that can't seem to comprehend simple English, yet. I never said any laws were ok to break. Before you act like the hardass that you're not, check through the thread again. Later, QD.

hitomi
09-04-2005, 11:53 AM
i more or less mean it isnt worth arguing to defend its validity. i know you dont. erin would kill you. :)

neontuner95
09-04-2005, 03:30 PM
So they're are turbo charged 3rd gen tibs great to know! thats all

CiVeK9
09-21-2005, 03:54 AM
i'm all with QD +1 for you

05Tib
09-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Street racing is wrong and can be extremely dangerous but i do it anyways. No matter wat road, wat time, how many or how few ppl its still dangerous. I do it regardless. Im smart and i avoid the more dangerous situations but i dont think there is a single person on this forum who, at one time hasnt "street race" by w/e definition u want to use.

quickdodgeŽ
09-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Street racing is wrong and can be extremely dangerous but i do it anyways. No matter wat road, wat time, how many or how few ppl its still dangerous. I do it regardless.

Might as well say, "I'm an idiot and I hope I die soon."

Im smart and i avoid the more dangerous situations

Kind of contradictory, don't you think? I'm smart and I street race. Smart people actually don't do that, Idiots do.

but i dont think there is a single person on this forum who, at one time hasnt "street race" by w/e definition u want to use.

Don't say things you aren't sure of. Later, QD.

05Tib
09-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Good job on the quotes there QD, nicely done

quickdodgeŽ
09-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Thanks. That's one of the great things about being smart. Later, QD.

05Tib
09-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Wouldnt go that far, ive read some of ur post on other forums, make about as much sense as mine did.

quickdodgeŽ
09-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Wouldnt go that far, ive read some of ur post on other forums, make about as much sense as mine did.

You sure "out-nonsensed" me on that one. Later, QD.

05Tib
09-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Srry QD, didnt mean to come off like an ass.

quickdodgeŽ
09-21-2005, 05:06 PM
I appreciate your apology, but, honestly, I don't have a care in the world for street racers and those who openly and proudly admit it. That's just me. Later, QD.

05Tib
09-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Understandble

CiVeK9
09-24-2005, 10:55 AM
bump for QD +1 can you bump mu CP points?

05Tib
09-25-2005, 12:37 PM
Andy, u get those wires right? I know we got all those belts done good, i figured when Josh gave us the fire order, it wasnt right either.

CiVeK9
09-28-2005, 05:59 PM
yup

fox
10-17-2005, 03:47 PM
i'm all with QD +1 for you

bump for QD +1 can you bump mu CP points?

wow. you might want to get Qd's nuts out of your mouth.

quickdodgeŽ
10-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Why? You want them in yours? Later, QD.

fox
10-17-2005, 06:55 PM
not at all.

quickdodgeŽ
10-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Then what's your deal? Later, QD.

fox
10-18-2005, 11:20 AM
just find it amusing the way this guys seems to kiss your ass.

quickdodgeŽ
10-18-2005, 03:44 PM
Oh ok. So nothing on me, then? Lolol? Later, QD.