PDA

View Full Version : Warner Robins bans sagging pants

jew_boy
08-23-2008, 11:37 AM
So this city in Georgia has passed an ordinance to ban the sagging of pants.... wow... I want to challenge the ordinance just to piss off the city council... lawl. BTW, the mall is actually in Centerville, GA and not Warner Robins since I've been there. Epic fail.

http://www.13wmaz.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...#pluckcomments (http://www.13wmaz.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080819/NEWS01/80819009&s=d&page=3#pluckcomments)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13WMAZ
Sagging pants are a common sight at the Galleria Mall in Warner Robins, but many people believe it is a sign of disrespect.
Advertisement

Tamara and Brandon Saunders were shopping at the mall with their uncle, John Saunders.

Brandon says, "it's not right." Tamara says she doesn't go after guys like that because she doesn't think its that attractive. John believes wearing sagging pants that show undergarments take away from what a person has to offer. He says it's a way to seek attention and people can get attention in other ways other than walking around with their clothes hanging off of them. Kim Moody has teenage daughters and she says her rule is boys with sagging pants can't come in the house until they buckle up and pull them up tight.

But, not everyone is on the same page. Randy Graham is a student at Fort Valley State and he says it is his right to dress how he chooses. He believes that how you dress does not define who you are.

Penalities for violating the ordinance include up to a $500 fine, 6 months in jail, or both.

City councilman John Williams proposed the ordinance which was in the works for several weeks. He hopes it will help set a better example for young children in the community.

Since Monday night's ruling, he says he has received almost 100 phone calls from people pleased with the decision. City Council member Clifford Holmes voted against the ordinance. He disagrees with the added responsibility to the police department and believes responsibility should fall on the parents.

eViLMunkey
08-23-2008, 11:46 AM
wow the punishment is a little extreme, and what's their definition of sagging pants. That kinda leaves officers open to penalize on loose fit pants which can appear saggy. I have a feeling it wont pass completely or they will charge the wrong person and the ordinance will be dropped

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 11:48 AM
I don't see a problem with it. Pants are made to be worn on the hips, not down below your ass. It really looks stupid to me. It's not a matter of style, it's a matter of ignorance. Most of these kids walking around with their pants down below their ass don't know where the practice started. Sagging started in prison. Prisoners would sag their pants down low so they could have quick access if you know what I mean. Think about how much time people who sag waste pulling their pants back up or holding their pants when they have to walk up stairs or run...

4dmin
08-23-2008, 11:50 AM
good i think it is f*cking stupid fashion and they deserve a fine for looking ridiculous - they should fine dumb asses w/ tags on their hats as well :2up:

i'm dying to know why you would want to do either anyway?

yogi08
08-23-2008, 11:52 AM
I don't see a problem with it. Pants are made to be worn on the hips, not down below your ass. It really looks stupid to me. It's not a matter of style, it's a matter of ignorance. Most of these kids walking around with their pants down below their ass don't know where the practice started. Sagging started in prison. Prisoners would sag their pants down low so they could have quick access if you know what I mean. Think about how much time people who sag waste pulling their pants back up or holding their pants when they have to walk up stairs or run...
x2 100%

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 11:53 AM
good i think it is f*cking stupid fashion and they deserve a fine for looking ridiculous - they should fine dumb asses w/ tags on their hats as well :2up:

yea wtf is the point of leaving the tags on??? So you can wear it for a few days and then take it back so you can pay the power bill???

b18hb
08-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Its a ordinance that will never seriously be enforced. I like it, but i don't agree with it. I think the idea is a good one, but I also think that it is stepping on liberties.

I always chuckle to myself when I see ppl waddling around with their pant waist closer to their knees than their waist lines. How do can you run? How can it possibly be comfortable?

eViLMunkey
08-23-2008, 11:54 AM
No i agree w/ the fining those sagging their pants but what kind of enforcement discretion is given to the officers enforcing this ordinance to fine and/or arrest those w/ slightly baggy clothing and call it sagging? Other than sometimes I wear clothes that look like I'm sagging at times but I normally have a belt on and they are above the crack but they don't completely fit due to weight that I have lost and haven't gotten to a mall to buy new clothes (closest mall is 30 miles from me and I have to take a boat or plane to get to one so you can't pull I'm a lazy a$$ card) plus what non baggy/saggy clothes that I have are mainly for work/client related purposes since on my days off I don't give a crap to what I wear, it's my day off and I want to be comfortable.**end rant schpeil kinda **

4dmin
08-23-2008, 11:56 AM
yea wtf is the point of leaving the tags on??? So you can wear it for a few days and then take it back so you can pay the power bill???

lol i know right... i was told by someone it is so they can keep the hat clean by grabbing it by the stickers :thinking:... umm wash your hands?

i going to make a generalization b/c it is totally true - most people who do this are black and black people are always wondering they people can't take them seriously, have a hard time w/ society in general, etc HELLO! no need to explain - look in the mirror.

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 11:56 AM
No i agree w/ the fining those sagging their pants but what kind of enforcement discretion is given to the officers enforcing this ordinance to fine and/or arrest those w/ slightly baggy clothing and call it sagging? because there is a difference between baggy clothes and sagging. Sagging is when your pants are worn down below your hips. who cares how baggy someone's clothes are as long as their ass isn't showing...

yogi08
08-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Im on the phone with my friend from WR ahahhah. she says its gay

4dmin
08-23-2008, 11:58 AM
No i agree w/ the fining those sagging their pants but what kind of enforcement discretion is given to the officers enforcing this ordinance to fine and/or arrest those w/ slightly baggy clothing and call it sagging?

this law is not new and the general rule of thumb is showing undergarments :goodjob:

eViLMunkey
08-23-2008, 11:59 AM
ok.. just would suck to forget to wear a belt one day stop by the mall to buy one and get arrested for it (your pants sagging)..

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 12:00 PM
lol i know right... i was told by someone it is so they can keep the hat clean by grabbing it by the stickers :thinking:... umm wash your hands?

i going to make a generalization b/c it is totally true - most people who do this are black and black people are always wondering they people can't take the seriously, have a hard time w/ society in general, etc HELLO! no need to explain - look in the mirror.

Seriously, If they wan't more respect and to be taken seriously, they should try to dress more appropriately. I know plenty of college educated black people, none of whom dress with their pants below their ass. They dress in a way that makes them look professional, which wins them all the respect they want.

Capt._Ron
08-23-2008, 12:01 PM

I dont think thats the case...... I think sagging started from impoverished areas where hand-me-down clothes were the only clothes available so if you were younger you got your older bigger brothers clothes which were too big and therefore were baggy or sagged. Not that i wear my pants below my ass but don't you people see that if the government can tell us how to dress then they can tell us what to say, what to read, what to believe.... Its a very slippery slope when you start taking personal freedoms away.

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 12:01 PM
ok.. just would suck to forget to wear a belt one day stop by the mall to buy one and get arrested for it (your pants sagging)..

Well if you buy pants that fit on your hips and not on your ass you will never have that problem. I've never had a problem with my pants sagging... Then again, I try on clothes before I buy them to make sure they fit.

4dmin
08-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Seriously, If they wan't more respect and to be taken seriously, they should try to dress more appropriately. I know plenty of college educated black people, none of whom dress with their pants below their ass. They dress in a way that makes them look professional, which wins them all the respect they want.

it doesn't matter what color you are, what education you have ... everyone knows how pants are supposed to be warn. the problem here is idols and heros + bad parenting. young america is fed horrible fashion from bet, mtv, etc i'm sure if you asked our parents if they thought todays kids think showing their ass, gold teeth, and clothing with tags were cool - they would most certainly laugh.

Thighs
08-23-2008, 12:07 PM
good. i hope it stays.

4dmin
08-23-2008, 12:10 PM
I dont think thats the case...... I think sagging started from impoverished areas where hand-me-down clothes were the only clothes available so if you were younger you got your older bigger brothers clothes which were too big and therefore were baggy or sagged. Not that i wear my pants below my ass but don't you people see that if the government can tell us how to dress then they can tell us what to say, what to read, what to believe.... Its a very slippery slope when you start taking personal freedoms away.

what are you talking about "YOU PEOPLE" ? :lmfao:

honestly this is not infringement on personal freedoms, but imposing indecent exposure - would you like your children seeing teenagers and grown men's asses?

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 12:10 PM
good. i hope it stays.

Me too... My wife's dad lives in warner robins. Over the last 10 years or so it has become a pretty nice little town (compared to macon). It's good to see that they are trying to keep it nice and clean looking, and not letting it turn into macon lolololol.

People don't realize that 50 years ago showing your undergarments was considered indecent exposure...

Thighs
08-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Me too... My wife's dad lives in warner robins. Over the last 10 years or so it has become a pretty nice little town (compared to macon). It's good to see that they are trying to keep it nice and clean looking, and not letting it turn into macon lolololol.

People don't realize that 50 years ago showing your undergarments was considered indecent exposure...

and i think in some cases, it should still be.

why the fvck would you BUY pants that dont fit anyways? fvcking ignorance.

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 12:15 PM
I dont think thats the case...... I think sagging started from impoverished areas where hand-me-down clothes were the only clothes available so if you were younger you got your older bigger brothers clothes which were too big and therefore were baggy or sagged.

They can still wear a belt. Ask your grandparents about hand-me-downs. If they were too big, they used a rope as a belt. People today have no sense of self worth like our grandparents did. Even if my grandparents' clothes were made from feed sacks when they were growing up, they wore them up on their hips and not down below their ass, and they were "impoverished".

Thighs
08-23-2008, 12:17 PM
They can still wear a belt. Ask your grandparents about hand-me-downs. If they were too big, they used a rope as a belt. People today have no sense of self worth like our grandparents did. Even if my grandparents' clothes were made from feed sacks when they were growing up, they wore them up on their hips and not down below their ass, and they were "impoverished".

who cares? theres alot less of that now, and most people can at LEAST afford wal-mart prices... and ive seen pants of allllll sizes at goodwill and various thrift stores while t-shirt shopping lol.

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 12:18 PM
who cares? theres alot less of that now, and most people can at LEAST afford wal-mart prices... and ive seen pants of allllll sizes at goodwill and various thrift stores while t-shirt shopping lol.

very true

BobbyFresco
08-23-2008, 12:19 PM
It's funny that most ppl automatically associate sagging with black ppl BUT that isn't always the case.
A. White kids sag their oversized pants also, as do Asians, etc. I don't think there's a single sect of ppl in society that doesn't have some kind of representation when it comes to sagging or some gross missuse of clothing.
B. I have seen just as many emo fuks sagging their jeans as the group some of you are pointing out.
C. Although I personally don't dress like that, it's not my place nor lawmakers or police to tell me or anyone how to dress. I mean think about it, what's next?

There are far more important things that lawmakers should be concerning themselves with.

BobbyFresco
08-23-2008, 12:23 PM
I don't see any of you biitching about cleavage or thongs showing or any of that shiit..
Double standards much?

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 12:25 PM
It's funny that most ppl automatically associate sagging with black ppl BUT that isn't always the case.
A. White kids sag their oversized pants also, as do Asians, etc. I don't think there's a single sect of ppl in society that doesn't have some kind of representation when it comes to sagging or some gross missuse of clothing.
B. I have seen just as many emo fuks sagging their jeans as the group some of you are pointing out.
C. Although I personally don't dress like that, it's not my place nor lawmakers or police to tell me or anyone how to dress. I mean think about it, what's next?

There are far more important things that lawmakers should be concerning themselves with.

I have nothing against black people, nor did I say that only blacks sag. I see wiggers sagging all the time. I HATE HATE HATE wiggers. They piss me off worse than anything else. Why do they try to be something they are not???

And I agree that it's not police or lawmakers place to tell people how to dress. It is their place, however, to define what dress is considered indecent exposure. They call it UNDERwear for a reason. Like I already said, 50 years ago people would have never been able to get away with sagging. The police would have taken them to jail on the spot for indecent exposure.

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 12:26 PM
I don't see any of you biitching about cleavage or thongs showing or any of that shiit..
Double standards much?

I don't have a problem with a slight amount of cleavage showing. I would never let my wife leave the house with her underwear showing or her boobs hanging out like a hooker. I don't have double standards when it concerns appropriate dress.

4dmin
08-23-2008, 12:27 PM
a) of course there are other races but majority is black and you can't dispute that. you shouldn't take offense to facts; if you do then you should do something to change the stupid fashion.

b) this may be true but again we are pointing out the majority which is how generalizations are made

c) again indecent exposure is a law and they are basically enforcing it - play devils advocate whats next people walking naked in public domain? i'm sorry but i don't want my children seeing grown adults or teenagers underwear, asses, or anything else.

i would agree there are far better things to be concerning themselves with but by discouraging the ignorant people who dress this way to change or move from their city i would assume this could have a direct impact on crime in their city.

4dmin
08-23-2008, 12:29 PM
I don't have a problem with a slight amount of cleavage showing. I would never let my wife leave the house with her underwear showing or her boobs hanging out like a hooker. I don't have double standards when it concerns appropriate dress.

2x - there isn't a problem with tits hanging out of shirts and i would assume a girls thong would be included in this if she was wearing her pants on her KNEES

BobbyFresco
08-23-2008, 12:30 PM

Wasn't directed to you but I'm willing to bet the same ppl biitching about sagging have no issues with women showing cleavage or thongs showing.

I'm sorry but on the scale of what would be considered "offensive and indecent", IMO flesh ranks a little above underwear.

Again not directed towards you but let's not be hypocritical about this.
One can not complain about one thing and condone the other.

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 12:31 PM
I like the oridenance, but yeah, it is definitley stepping on people's freedom of expresson, next thing you know shirts will have to be tucked in, you will have to wear a belt and we will be back in highschool

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 12:33 PM
BTW, I feel that the drug problem at Hoco should be a more important issue....

BobbyFresco
08-23-2008, 12:37 PM
a) of course there are other races but majority is black and you can't dispute that. you shouldn't take offense to facts; if you do then you should do something to change the stupid fashion.

b) this may be true but again we are pointing out the majority which is how generalizations are made

c) again indecent exposure is a law and they are basically enforcing it - play devils advocate whats next people walking naked in public domain? i'm sorry but i don't want my children seeing grown adults or teenagers underwear, asses, or anything else.

i would agree there are far better things to be concerning themselves with but by discouraging the ignorant people who dress this way to change or move from their city i would assume this could have a direct impact on crime in their city.

Like I pointed out in my initial post, I do not dress like that, never have and never will. I have't taken offense to anything anyone has said, I just think it's laughable that some of you believe that it's primarily a black thing. You should get out more often.
And what can I, one person, do to change how ppl decide THEY want to dress or wear their clothing?

Also, I fail to understand how people blatanly ignore the fact that a woman wearing a shirt that shows half of her boobs hanging out is no different than a young black, white, hispanic, asian, indian, etc male wearing his pants down to his ass? Again, let's not be hypocritical.

kpc2593
08-23-2008, 12:42 PM
they should fine dumb asses w/ tags on their hats as well :2up:

lmfao!!!...people with the tags...ohh man...you don't know how many people I wanted to slap with a hat that had a retail tag on it....stupid ass ****..

FasTech
Yeah I heard about this the other the day! Kinda extreme on the punishments alittle I think but will stop it hopefully.. I mean, I hate when people sag.. Really trashy and its just about everywhere you go, you have to see some guys underwear.

BobbyFresco
We'll see how well this ordinance holds up the first time someone is fined and chooses to hire a lawyer to fight it. I predict more taxpayer money being wasted when it goes all the way to the state supreme court or wherever.

blackboi50
08-23-2008, 12:43 PM
all i know is when i see these fools i wanna pull their pants down and embarrass them.........

i did that to an underclassmen in high school and got ISS for a day :(......1

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Amen to the cour thing. Any lawyer worth anything can have it thrown out. If the judge doesnt throw it out, he rips up another freedom in the constitution.

BobbyFresco
08-23-2008, 12:46 PM
Amen to the cour thing. Any lawyer worth anything can have it thrown out. If the judge doesnt throw it out, he rips up another freedom in the constitution.

Exactly. It's just a matter of time and chances are it won't be a black kid's parents that decide to take action.:lmfao:

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 12:58 PM

Have you read the constitution??? I think you are referring to the Bill of Rights. Show me in the bill of rights that says a person can wear whatever they want. Technically the bill of rights doesn't guarantee freedom of expression. It guarantees freedom of speech. The arguement for the past 100 years has been that expression is a type of "speech". It is really up to the interpretation of the Bill of Rights by lawmakers. You are free to express yourself in any way that does not infringe upon the rights of others. Thats how indecent exposure laws are upheld. It is the right of others to be protected from seeing people expose themselves indecently. If the city of warner robins defines showing an excessive amount of undergarments as indecent exposure, there's not much a lawyer will be able to do for you.

redrumracer
08-23-2008, 01:01 PM
man that wasnt a good story. the writer sucks and should be fired, it didnt grab your attn or anything.

BB1_Luda
08-23-2008, 01:08 PM
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n196/gsxrcon/LOL/motivator6528308.jpg

BobbyFresco
08-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Reps for everyone that I can for having an insult free discussion..Surely this wouldn't be the case of this were a weekday but surprising, nonetheless.

blackboi50
08-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Reps for everyone that I can for having an insult free discussion..Surely this wouldn't be the case of this were a weekday but surprising, nonetheless.

no doubt!!!!!:goodjob:...........1

4dmin
08-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Have you read the constitution??? I think you are referring to the Bill of Rights. Show me in the bill of rights that says a person can wear whatever they want. Technically the bill of rights doesn't guarantee freedom of expression. It guarantees freedom of speech. The arguement for the past 100 years has been that expression is a type of "speech". It is really up to the interpretation of the Bill of Rights by lawmakers. You are free to express yourself in any way that does not infringe upon the rights of others. Thats how indecent exposure laws are upheld. It is the right of others to be protected from seeing people expose themselves indecently. If the city of warner robins defines showing an excessive amount of undergarments as indecent exposure, there's not much a lawyer will be able to do for you.

lol 2x

i'm w/ you bobby nice to have 1 serious discussion (looks around for QD, PBS, Randomguy, etc) :rolleyes:

Catnip
08-23-2008, 01:40 PM
It sucks for me, I generally forget my belt and since I lost weight, none of my jeans fit. On top of that, it's hard to find jeans that fit my waist right. So basically, when I forget my belt, I'm gonna get fined?

It's pretty much the stupidest thing ever and I personally don't see it lasting long... especially when they try to slap a fine to one of the rich ass white boys that sags. LOL

oh, and LOL @ the mall being in centerville and the ordinance being in warner robins.

alpine_aw11
08-23-2008, 03:33 PM
I really dont understand this law at all. Some idiots want to sag their pants, let them. Dont act like it's scarring your children and is a downfall to society, it really isn't. This is just some bitchy government officials trying to have their way.

eViLMunkey
08-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Well if you buy pants that fit on your hips and not on your ass you will never have that problem. I've never had a problem with my pants sagging... Then again, I try on clothes before I buy them to make sure they fit.
well I've lost 40lbs in the past couple of months. . so they used to fit and I normally try new clothes on before I buy 'em too

willum14pb
08-23-2008, 03:56 PM
outstanding. GO GA.

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 04:07 PM
It sucks for me, I generally forget my belt and since I lost weight, none of my jeans fit. On top of that, it's hard to find jeans that fit my waist right. So basically, when I forget my belt, I'm gonna get fined?

It's pretty much the stupidest thing ever and I personally don't see it lasting long... especially when they try to slap a fine to one of the rich ass white boys that sags. LOL

oh, and LOL @ the mall being in centerville and the ordinance being in warner robins.

just don't forget your belt.

Its like saying sometimes you forget to drive the speed limit, and then you get a speeding ticket. You know the rules, just don't forget to not break them.

I hope the "rich ass white boys" who sag are the FIRST people they fine. If they quit trying to be thugs and wear their pants where they are supposed to they won't have to worry about it. Neither I or any of my friends (who fall in the rich white boy category) have to worry about this new ordinance anyway. It could be due to the fact that we dress professionally... Maybe thats why we all have good jobs and make good money. It's a lot easier to get a job when you dress appropriately.

I have an idea, maybe people should start wearing suspenders again like back in the 80's, before all this "sagging" started. lol.

ueyedgr8tness
08-23-2008, 04:09 PM

I am sry but i have to disagree 100%,because i think this is the dumbest thing that could happen,besides GWB being in office.if this is the case then why not ban slutty a$$ clothes that i c females wearing 24/7 not to mention the fact there wearing shi* like this at the ages of 12:yes: why only go so far and not get them all.I mean ban ppl from wearing there shirt off in public and ban women from going to stores with swim wear on. Must i remind u these fu** need to stop targetting certain groups and just ban every 1 that shows undergarments if they gonna really do something ARGGGGGGGG...

And to add to the fact is a hate hearing these mother cry about looking at dudes sag pants in front of there little girls,but they willl dress there little girl like a whore and expect for no 1 to hit on them:2up: Go find jesus,ali,buddha or something because they sure do need it.

ueyedgr8tness
08-23-2008, 04:17 PM
oH another thing ppl crying about other ppl wearing hats with tagz lol!! U folks are the reason USA is going get whiped of the planet 1 day,TO FU**ING BUSY TRYING TO TELL EVERY 1 ELSE HOW TO LIVE THERE LIFE AND NOT FOCUSED ENOUGH ON THERE OWNSELF.... This is taking away what america was built on and that was FREEDOM to say what u will and wear what u want how u want. and our damn country is to busy trying to show other country's how they should be ran and we can not even run our own......

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 04:19 PM
I am sry but i have to disagree 100%,because i think this is the dumbest thing that could happen,besides GWB being in office.if this is the case then why not ban slutty a$$ clothes that i c females wearing 24/7 not to mention the fact there wearing shi* like this at the ages of 12:yes: why only go so far and not get them all.I mean ban ppl from wearing there shirt off in public and ban women from going to stores with swim wear on. Must i remind u these fu** need to stop targetting certain groups and just ban every 1 that shows undergarments if they gonna really do something ARGGGGGGGG...

And to add to the fact is a hate hearing these mother cry about looking at dudes sag pants in front of there little girls,but they willl dress there little girl like a whore and expect for no 1 to hit on them:2up: Go find jesus,ali,buddha or something because they sure do need it.

Targeting certain groups???? Lol at you.

By certain groups do you mean people who don't know how to dress? That's the only group being targeted here. The ordinance doesn't make it illegal for Black people to sag, it makes it illegal for ALL people to sag. Some people are so quick to play the race card.

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 04:21 PM
This is taking away what america was built on and that was FREEDOM to say what u will and wear what u want how u want. and our damn country is to busy trying to show other country's how they should be ran and we can not even run our own......

WRONG.

It's called the Bill if Rights. Read It and show me where it says people can say whatever they want and wear whatever they want. People are so ignorant.

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 04:36 PM
WRONG.

It's called the Bill if Rights. Read It and show me where it says people can say whatever they want and wear whatever they want. People are so ignorant.

Umm, so yeah, there are many rights that you have that are NOT clearly expressed anywhere, they are just understood under certian laws. Personally, I'd like the cops to get off my nuts about going 5 over and wearing saggy pants, and start cracking down on the drugs and people breaking in cars. Just IMHO. I am white, and actually dress preppy, I dont sag at all and always where a belt but it is there choice. Since the 80's American's rights have been cut in half, only, most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. Only a matter of time before we are a damn communist country if people dont step up for our rights.

ueyedgr8tness
08-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Targeting certain groups???? Lol at you.

By certain groups do you mean people who don't know how to dress? That's the only group being targeted here. The ordinance doesn't make it illegal for Black people to sag, it makes it illegal for ALL people to sag. Some people are so quick to play the race card.

:thinking: Did u see me pull a race card in my post?? ok then thats what i thought now get it right.. groups as in[quote] u would call it as ppl that don't no how to dress:goodjob:

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Umm, so yeah, there are many rights that you have that are NOT clearly expressed anywhere, they are just understood under certian laws. Personally, I'd like the cops to get off my nuts about going 5 over and wearing saggy pants, and start cracking down on the drugs and people breaking in cars. Just IMHO. I am white, and actually dress preppy, I dont sag at all and always where a belt but it is there choice. Since the 80's American's rights have been cut in half, only, most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. Only a matter of time before we are a damn communist country if people dont step up for our rights.

But the thing is, in the last 100 years americans' rights have grown exponentially. Cutting back on some of these so called rights may be a good thing. If you give people too many rights they will abuse them.

I don't believe that the right to sag is an expressed or implied right. Again, all the rights given to us by the bill of rights are dependent on whether or not excercising that right infringes on someone else's right. That is where laws concerning indecent exposure come from. That is also where laws concerning slander come from.

ueyedgr8tness
08-23-2008, 04:46 PM

U sir has it right,he didn't get my point about freedom being taken away slowly.But 1 day he will when we end up being a communist country :yes:

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 04:48 PM
You sir are right, we should lose most of our rights, I mean crime is the lowest in China where you die at the judges discretion. Better yet, we should imitate North Korea,lol. I'd rather keep all of our rights and deal with the small amount of bad that comes along with them. If the cops focused on REAL **** instead of pants and speeding, the crime rate would probably be alot lower

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 04:49 PM
:thinking: Did u see me pull a race card in my post?? ok then thats what i thought now get it right.. groups as in quote u would call it as ppl that don't no how to dress:goodjob:

You make no sense. So pretty much you are contradicting what you said before, and agreeing with me that they are not targeting certain groups, but everyone who can't dress correctly.

lol.

ueyedgr8tness
08-23-2008, 04:49 PM
But the thing is, in the last 100 years americans' rights have grown exponentially. Cutting back on some of these so called rights may be a good thing. If you give people too many rights they will abuse them.

I don't believe that the right to sag is an expressed or implied right. Again, all the rights given to us by the bill of rights are dependent on whether or not excercising that right infringes on someone else's right. That is where laws concerning indecent exposure come from. That is also where laws concerning slander come from.

I truly think u might see the light when they take away your right to bare arms.and then make it that no 1 can hunt,must u be so blind in blaming other ppl ignorance when your full of it yourself:goodjob:

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 04:50 PM
( I do like that this is a civilized debate and we arent being gay about it)

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 04:53 PM
I truly think u might see the light when they take away your right to bare arms.and then make it that no 1 can hunt,must u be so blind in blaming other ppl ignorance when your full of it yourself:goodjob:

Lol again. How exactly am I full of ignorance? The only reason they would even consider taking away the right to bear arms is bacause certain people abuse the right. Maybe if they would perform stricter background checks before selling guns to pretty much anyone there wouldn't be a problem with people being able to own firearms.

You seriously have no clue what you are talking about.

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 04:53 PM
( I do like that this is a civilized debate and we arent being gay about it)

not yet anyway... I'm sure it will get there. When it does, you won't find me in here lol.

yogi08
08-23-2008, 04:54 PM
my friends a wrhs said its a dumb law but idk. i always wear my pants right and always with a belt. i use to buy nice hollister boxers and sag a bit when i was in middle school though and show off them just a tad and piss off teachers ha

ueyedgr8tness
08-23-2008, 04:54 PM
You make no sense. So pretty much you are contradicting what you said before, and agreeing with me that they are not targeting certain groups, but everyone who can't dress correctly.

lol.

[QUOTE=allmotoronly]The ordinance doesn't make it illegal for Black people to sag:thinking:

now why would u say that? i never said anything about race,i said group hmm... I am lost considering your the 1 that added the race in it,

And yes i am blk but by no means do i sag where my underwear is showing.I dress more prep than anything when out with friends and i dress with class when out with the ladies. I could careless about ppl that sag there paints but i do no i would do it only because it pisses ppl like u off:taun:

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Lol, If they even considered it there would be a riot, why? Because it is our RIGHT and as back in 1776, the American people will FIGHT to keep or gain our rights. The pants law will be judicially fought every step of the way

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 04:56 PM
hey Yogi where tha party at tonight?(thread jack, im sorry,lol)

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=allmotoronly]The ordinance doesn't make it illegal for Black people to sag:thinking:

now why would u say that? i never said anything about race,i said group hmm... I am lost considering your the 1 that added the race in it,

And yes i am blk but by no means do i sag where my underwear is showing.I dress more prep than anything when out with friends and i dress with class when out with the ladies. I could careless about ppl that sag there paints but i do no i would do it only because it pisses ppl like u off:taun:

hmm, lets see... You clearly stated that you feel like they are going after "certain" groups. What group are they going after then if you are not talking about race???

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=stay_up]

hmm, lets see... You clearly stated that you feel like they are going after "certain" groups. What group are they going after then if you are not talking about race???

Gay people? Wangstas? Slutty girls? lol

yogi08
08-23-2008, 05:00 PM
hey Yogi where tha party at tonight?(thread jack, im sorry,lol)
statesboro place. im goin grocery shoppin and shat, run some arrands... ill prally go to that girls party bout 9 or 10. u wana go?

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Lol, If they even considered it there would be a riot, why? Because it is our RIGHT and as back in 1776, the American people will FIGHT to keep or gain our rights. The pants law will be judicially fought every step of the way

Fought by who? You do understand that judges, lawyers, and most of the parents of the kids who dress like this probably support this law. Hypothetically, If I was still a teenager and got fined for sagging my parents would probably be like "oh well, why the hell were you wearing your pants down below your ass anyway??? Get a job and pay the fine. Maybe next time you will wear your pants like you are supposed to..."

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 05:01 PM
yeah man, I aint got a ride tho unless my friend takes me, so he can take me or you can pick me up?

ueyedgr8tness
08-23-2008, 05:02 PM
I can only Rofl!! @allmotoronly because i might be a mid school dropout but on my level,when i see peoples rights in general getting taken away.I can only wonder how long it will take before were like the other communist country's.,and its ppl like u motor that vote dumbas$ ppl like GWb in office.

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 05:02 PM
what happens when they fine a 25 year old in a porshe? That **** will hit the supreme court, bet on it

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 05:03 PM
Ok I'm done with this thread. Anyone who argues with this ordinance needs to buy some pants that fit and get over it. I don't see you argueing with laws concerning speeding or curfew or anything like that.

yogi08
08-23-2008, 05:03 PM
yeah man, I aint got a ride tho unless my friend takes me, so he can take me or you can pick me up?
i can come get you... im not drivin tonight but my buddy can. were in seasons anywho. i saved your number and shat into my phone.

cant believe im going to ****ing wallmart GRRR. i hate wallmart grocery shopping. i see everyone i dont want to see and everyone who wants to see me.

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 05:04 PM
I can only Rofl!! @allmotoronly because i might be a mid school dropout but on my level,when i see peoples rights in general getting taken away.I can only wonder how long it will take before were like the other communist country's.,and its ppl like u motor that vote dumbas$ ppl like GWb in office.
Lol no its people like me who pay in $30k in federal income tax every year that buy those people who sag the pants they are wearing.

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 05:05 PM
what happens when they fine a 25 year old in a porshe? That **** will hit the supreme court, bet on it

It's not very likely that a 25 year old driving a porsche would be sagging in the first place.

BobbyFresco
08-23-2008, 05:05 PM
The kids of these judges, cops, and politicians you speak of are most likely the ones sagging their pants the most along with driving drunk and getting fuked up with illegal drugs and those in their parent's medicine cabinets...How do I know? because I've known a shiit load of "those" kids and was friends with quite a few of them growing up.

ueyedgr8tness
08-23-2008, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE=stay_up]

If i am not mistaken
latino
blacks
whites
azn ppl all have there pants saggers i never pull the race card and i raised with nothing but whites so i am pretty sure i was thinking in the more terms of people that just do it because they liek the attn!! ppl like u give them. I don't think in race i think in groups because every race has its bad apples and my parents raised me to present myself as a good 1 so thats what i do:goodjob:

yogi08
08-23-2008, 05:06 PM
It's not very likely that a 25 year old driving a porsche would be sagging in the first place.
i got a few black friends who drive porsche that sag their pants. theyre funny as fawk. twins. i call them the ninja turtle twins ahhahaha. theyre swole as fawk too

ueyedgr8tness
08-23-2008, 05:09 PM
The kids of these judges, cops, and politicians you speak of are mostly like the ones sagging their pants the most along with driving drunk and getting fuked up with illegal drugs and those in their parent's medicine cabinets...How do I know? because I've known a shiit load of "those" kids and was friends with quite a few of them growing up.

and there from every race not just blk's:goodjob: i no you no that,and i sure well no that considering i use to play hockey with alot of them. No they where not gangbangers nore where they even junky's,they where clean cut kids that like there pants low to show there CK boxers,Mostly prep kids considering i didn't grow up around the hood.

BobbyFresco
08-23-2008, 05:11 PM
and there from every race not just blk's:goodjob: i no you no that,and i sure well no that considering i use to play hockey with alot of them. No they where not gangbangers nore where they even junky's,they where clean cut kids that like there pants low to show there CK boxers,Mostly prep kids considering i didn't grow up around the hood.

I didn't grow up in the hood either and I've witnessed my fair share of pants sagging by non minorities....But I digress. I don't think he was talking about just black kids though.

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 05:12 PM
umm, can you read? I said my pants always fit....Really, cause Luda, T.I. Lil Wayne, all sag their pants? There are plenty of well off people that do because it is a type of EXPRESSION. what if someone said you couldnt hunt b-c its bad for the deer, or said that you couldnt wear camo because it is disrespectful to dress that redneckish in public? Snap, you should probably hush.

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Blah Blah Blah you continue to try to blur what you originally said so it has nothing to do with race. If you read back a few pages you will see where I said that white people who sag get on my nerves more than anything else. I am not the one who has brought race into it.

ueyedgr8tness
08-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Lol no its people like me who pay in $30k in federal income tax every year that buy those people who sag the pants they are wearing.

wow 30k a yr:lmfao: I like u man i really do.,and iv met dudes in there early 30's that sag theres and they spend more on a watch than u pay every yr in federal income taxes.

BobbyFresco
08-23-2008, 05:19 PM
wow 30k a yr:lmfao: I like u man i really do.,and iv met dudes in there early 30's that sag theres and they spend more on a watch than u pay every yr in federal income taxes.

I know ppl like that too.:yes:

ueyedgr8tness
08-23-2008, 05:20 PM
umm, can you read? I said my pants always fit....Really, cause Luda, T.I. Lil Wayne, all sag their pants? There are plenty of well off people that do because it is a type of EXPRESSION. what if someone said you couldnt hunt b-c its bad for the deer, or said that you couldnt wear camo because it is disrespectful to dress that redneckish in public? Snap, you should probably hush.

I c u got your shi* on lock bro ima let u have this thread,Because u have great points and is more pro at expressing my point:goodjob:

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 05:21 PM
i can come get you... im not drivin tonight but my buddy can. were in seasons anywho. i saved your number and shat into my phone.

cant believe im going to ****ing wallmart GRRR. i hate wallmart grocery shopping. i see everyone i dont want to see and everyone who wants to see me.

Ahh, cool man, just holla at me when you head this way.

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 05:23 PM
wow 30k a yr:lmfao: I like u man i really do.,and iv met dudes in there early 30's that sag theres and they spend more on a watch than u pay every yr in federal income taxes. Am I supposed to be impressed? I could buy a $30k watch if I wanted... I'd much rather spend it on a downpayment on a new car, or get a $25k viking range to go with my $12k subzero fridge. My wife and I together make enough to buy anything we will ever want, Including as many $30k watches if I wanted them. Not to mention the fact that I should be getting a raise within the next few months which will raise my salary by about 40%.

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Everybody knows somebody who has this or that or makes $XXXXX a year. Unless you personally have or do or make that much, I don't give a fvck.

ueyedgr8tness
08-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Blah Blah Blah you continue to try to blur what you originally said so it has nothing to do with race. If you read back a few pages you will see where I said that white people who sag get on my nerves more than anything else. I am not the one who has brought race into it.

its ok bro,just ask 1 thing of u and that is next time u see some 1 with there pants saggin, turn your head look the other way and keep walking because alot of ppl only do it because of ppl like u making such a big deal out of nothing.I am bad about doing things out of spite because ppl can't mind there own business.I just thinks its funny they try to make a law on it when they let females run around half naked but want say shi* about them running around in there undergarments.Thats why i said they only target certain groups.PEace out:D

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Next time I see a person sagging I will do what I always do and point and laugh. Lol. What are they going to do to me? Lol.

ueyedgr8tness
08-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Am I supposed to be impressed? I could buy a $30k watch if I wanted... I'd much rather spend it on a downpayment on a new car, or get a $25k viking range to go with my $12k subzero fridge. My wife and I together make enough to buy anything we will ever want, Including as many $30k watches if I wanted them. Not to mention the fact that I should be getting a raise within the next few months which will raise my salary by about 40%.

Oh and 1 more thing u brought up the $ u give to the tax ppl every yr. Not me i personally enjoy being a broke a$$ mofo it makes me give thanks to the creater more often when i do get something new. I love the defense rampage u go on,it makes me :lmfao:

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Oh and 1 more thing u brought up the $ u give to the tax ppl every yr. Not me i personally enjoy being a broke a$$ mofo it makes me give thanks to the creater more often when i do get something new. I love the defense rampage u go on,it makes me :lmfao:
Thats the difference between me and you. I realize the potential I have and take advantage of it. I make good money and can have anything I want.

BobbyFresco
08-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Everybody knows somebody who has this or that or makes $XXXXX a year. Unless you personally have or do or make that much, I don't give a fvck.

I make close to six figures a year but I don't feel the need to brag about it.
Not every member here is a kid in college or working some dead end, minimum wage job. Remember that. ;)

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 05:35 PM
I make close to six figures a year but I don't feel the need to brag about it.
Not every member here is a kid in college or working some dead end, minimum wage job. Remember that. ;)

I realize that. I don't feel the need to brag about what I make until someone tells me their friend spends more on a watch than I pay in taxes every year. I work hard and am proud of the money I earn. I take offense when someone (who probably makes less than $30k a year) has something smart to say about what I make.

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Seriously, I'm done with this thread.

Stay Up, if you can think of a valid point to make, I may be back. Until then, I've got shyt to do.

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 05:40 PM
10k a year,lol, when I had a job(no job currently). the point has **** to do with money, its rights to expression.

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 05:42 PM
and Why the hell would you pay 12k for a fridge? lol. You need money management classes,haha

BobbyFresco
08-23-2008, 05:42 PM
and Why the hell would you pay 12k for a fridge? lol. You need money management classes,haha

It ain't trickin if you got it....:lmfao:

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Lol, I'd rather spend 12k on a trip to Europe or Japan, or somthing,lol. not a fridge

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 05:49 PM

Money management lol... I've got the money to pay for it. High end kitchen appliances add a lot of value to a house. Adding a subzero fridge, viking or decor range or seperate cooktop and oven combo, and then getting travertine or granite countertops and a few other high end extras and flooring can add $100k to the house's value, while only costing $40-50k to do.

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Lol, I'd rather spend 12k on a trip to Europe or Japan, or somthing,lol. not a fridge

I just got back from a 2 week trip to jamaica lol. See what studying hard and then working hard can do? If you have the opportunity, stay in school as long as you can and get as many degrees as you can. It will pay off exponentally in the long run.

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm in school, freshman at GSU, Sports Management, :-p Still wouldnt spend it on a fridge,lol. 12k for a fridge that bithc better scoop my Icecream for me,lol

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 05:52 PM
If you don't think you have the opportunity to go to college, look into the stafford federal loan or pell grant. There is a ton of money out there for anyone who wants to go to college.

Motivation
08-23-2008, 05:54 PM
But with today's economy, it is hard to add stuff to your house to increase the value, and actually get it out of it when selling it... Not many people want to dish out the money...

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Yeah, Im getting HOPE, Pell and an Academic Competitive Grant

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm in school, freshman at GSU, Sports Management, :-p Still wouldnt spend it on a fridge,lol. 12k for a fridge that bithc better scoop my Icecream for me,lol

lolol It's actually a seperate fridge and freezer, 72" wide together.

here's an example

http://www.subzero.com/BuiltInRefrigeration/601RRefrigerator

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Investing money in your house is dumb if you are planning to sell. Invest for yourself, but odds are you are going to lose money when you sell.(mom sells houses)

Motivation
08-23-2008, 05:57 PM
I could park all three of my cars and motorcycle in that fridge/freezer... lol

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm not planning in selling anytime soon.

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 05:58 PM
I could park all three of my cars and motorcycle in that fridge/freezer... lol

Lol it does its job.

allmotoronly
08-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Ok guys I have a lot of stuff to get done..

If anyone is interested in good deals on outdoor gear, I just got a $300 TNF tent for $140 on this site. I'm always looking for good deals on outdoor stuff.

check it

www.steepandcheap.com

they have one thing at a time until it sells out (which is usually quick).
just thought I would share and help out anyone who loves the outdoors like me!!

Catnip
08-23-2008, 09:08 PM
just don't forget your belt.

Its like saying sometimes you forget to drive the speed limit, and then you get a speeding ticket. You know the rules, just don't forget to not break them.

I hope the "rich ass white boys" who sag are the FIRST people they fine. If they quit trying to be thugs and wear their pants where they are supposed to they won't have to worry about it. Neither I or any of my friends (who fall in the rich white boy category) have to worry about this new ordinance anyway. It could be due to the fact that we dress professionally... Maybe thats why we all have good jobs and make good money. It's a lot easier to get a job when you dress appropriately.

I have an idea, maybe people should start wearing suspenders again like back in the 80's, before all this "sagging" started. lol.

What you're saying is like saying murdering someone is the same as breaking the speed limit. Let's give people that speed the death penalty. Good job! Maybe we can give people that sag the death penalty! It's not the same, sagging is NOT putting peoples lives in danger, it is not disturbing the peace, it is not hurting society, etc. You know what you just said is bull sh*t, don't even play.

All I know is, when mommy's little baby, aka the wigger wanna-be, sags and gets a fine or gets sent to JAIL (FOR SAGGING?!?! YAY! lets pay for someone to live free because they didn't even show as much skin as your average slutty mom. Maybe these people should be more concerned with BAD people, not your average teenager being a teenager.) they're gonna sht a brick and fight it. It won't work.

FlipKing
08-23-2008, 09:15 PM
ur ghey :ninja:

Friggintitsman
08-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Good

Cool Cat Racing
08-23-2008, 09:31 PM
It's personal right infringement and it will not last very long. I like the idea but it is not the governments place to set a clothing standard. Let's face it guys we all like it when some hot chic wear some sexy pants with the top of her thong pulled up out of it, by this standard that too is illegal. As ron said,when westart allowing the government to step on personal freedoms like this we are on the road to fascism. The current laws for indecency are fine and work. This type of restriction is only suited for istitutions to make, not the government. This will end when some lawyers son gets cited and it goes before the state supreme court and is deemed unconstitutional and violates civil rights because it clearly does.

tdurr
08-23-2008, 10:06 PM
I got 2 things to say,
#1, This was 5 pages of bitching between a few people.

#2, I sag my pants, I dont give a ****. Im black. I dont have my pants below my ass(unless my belt is broke, it has happened and is annoying as f*ck). Its a style, a form of expression. It may have started in prison, it may have started with hand-me-downs, who gives a flying f*ck?? about as many white ppl "sag" as backs do. Some blacks are more extreme then need be, but what ever. Ppl are concerned too much about how other ppl live their lives. I dont really give a f*ck what you do until its effects, me my family or someone i kno. Thats then when i care. So bottom line is, let ppl sag, the ppl who complain are a$sf&cks and should take a knife to the left temple.
lol thats more then i planned on typing.

jew_boy
08-23-2008, 10:30 PM
holy sh!t i just posted it this morning and it already got 7 pages

Catnip
08-23-2008, 10:38 PM
This will end when some lawyers son gets cited and it goes before the state supreme court and is deemed unconstitutional and violates civil rights because it clearly does.

EXACTLY what I was trying to say. :goodjob:

BanginJimmy
08-23-2008, 10:50 PM
U sir has it right,he didn't get my point about freedom being taken away slowly.But 1 day he will when we end up being a communist country :yes:

If Obama gets elected this will get a huge push.

Ran
08-23-2008, 11:58 PM
A law against indecent exposure due to a stupid fad? I'm in. :goodjob:

Thighs
08-24-2008, 01:09 AM
okay, im pissed.

WHAT THE FVCK COULD ANYBODY BE TRYING TO "EXPRESS" BY SAGGING THEIR GOTTDAMNN PANTS?? are they trying to express their ignorance? its not hard to know how to wear clothes. are they trying to look broke? or just stupid? because the people i know who make enough money to matter wear normal clothes and dress appropriately for different occasions. all the ignorant fVckers i know who sag their pants get their sh!t bought by mommy and daddy, and i have 0 respect for that.

anybody who says "oh i lost weight recently" needs to quit b!tching and get new pants. thats like saying "oh i didnt know the speed limit dropped right there". it doesnt matter if you knew it, because it dropped anyways. you would get a ticket.

if you are really against this law, move back to the "hood" you grew up in and fvck off, or wear your clothes like a normal fvcking person.

Catnip
08-24-2008, 01:20 AM
okay, im pissed.

WHAT THE FVCK COULD ANYBODY BE TRYING TO "EXPRESS" BY SAGGING THEIR GOTTDAMNN PANTS?? are they trying to express their ignorance? its not hard to know how to wear clothes. are they trying to look broke? or just stupid? because the people i know who make enough money to matter wear normal clothes and dress appropriately for different occasions. all the ignorant fVckers i know who sag their pants get their sh!t bought by mommy and daddy, and i have 0 respect for that.

anybody who says "oh i lost weight recently" needs to quit b!tching and get new pants. thats like saying "oh i didnt know the speed limit dropped right there". it doesnt matter if you knew it, because it dropped anyways. you would get a ticket.

if you are really against this law, move back to the "hood" you grew up in and fvck off, or wear your clothes like a normal fvcking person.

hey, go change your tampon... while you're at it, get a car that's not the color of said tampon. What the fuck does it matter if they're trying to make a statement or if they want to receive it in the ass? IT DOESN'T, just like it doesn't matter if you're talking to talk, or talking to be a jack ass like so, it's still your right.

STOP comparing sagging to putting other peoples' lives in danger, it's not cool or even a good comparison. I already explained that, so I won't go into again.

I'll bitch all I want bout losing weight and my clothes not fitting properly and hard to find 31x30 jeans. It's a right I've been granted to be able to bitch AND wear my improperly fitting clothes. Not to mention I can't afford new clothes right now, even though I have a job.

Thighs
08-24-2008, 01:23 AM
hey, go change your tampon... while you're at it, get a car that's not the color of said tampon. What the fuck does it matter if they're trying to make a statement or if they want to receive it in the ass? IT DOESN'T, just like it doesn't matter if you're talking to talk, or talking to be a jack ass like so, it's still your right.

STOP comparing sagging to putting other peoples' lives in danger, it's not cool or even a good comparison. I already explained that, so I won't go into again.

I'll bitch all I want bout losing weight and my clothes not fitting properly and hard to find 31x30 jeans. It's a right I've been granted to be able to bitch AND wear my improperly fitting clothes. Not to mention I can't afford new clothes right now, even though I have a job.

well if your logic is right, why are you telling me to stop saying anything. isnt it my right to say what i want? its your right to not listen by the same token. :goodjob:

Catnip
08-24-2008, 01:25 AM
well if your logic is right, why are you telling me to stop saying anything. isnt it my right to say what i want? its your right to not listen by the same token. :goodjob:

BINGO buddy, so stop saying "stop sagging" because it shouldn't be illegal.

we're on the same page:goodjob:

Thighs
08-24-2008, 01:27 AM
BINGO buddy, so stop saying "stop sagging" because it shouldn't be illegal.

we're on the same page:goodjob:

STOP SAGGING!

freedom of speech :taun::taun::taun: lolol

im just bustin your chops. had an annoying night and i feel like taking it out on everybody on here who i can. lol no hard feelings.

Catnip
08-24-2008, 01:29 AM
STOP SAGGING!

freedom of speech :taun::taun::taun: lolol

im just bustin your chops. had an annoying night and i feel like taking it out on everybody on here who i can. lol no hard feelings.

hahah, it's all good bro.

This topic is just irriating knowing that I can get a fine if I simply forget my belt tomorrow, you know? Kinda like forgetting to shave before work and getting written up, except ridiculous. Personally, I think the people that put this in act are just power hungry and want their way.

allmotoronly
08-24-2008, 01:40 AM
hahah, it's all good bro.

This topic is just irriating knowing that I can get a fine if I simply forget my belt tomorrow, you know? Kinda like forgetting to shave before work and getting written up, except ridiculous. Personally, I think the people that put this in act are just power hungry and want their way.

Maybe you should make sure you don't forget your belt if you are that worried about it.

And I would like to know exactly what people are trying to express by wearing their pants down below their ass??? I guess people have run out of ideas to express themselves in ways that don't make them look like a homeless person who can't afford clothes in the correct size.

Wear pants that fit and you will never have to worry about this law. Wear pants that show your ass, and you will be fined. Indecent exposure is illegal. Exposing too much of your underwear is considered indecent exposure. Get over it. People who sag like that might as well not even wear pants. The part of their body that the pants are supposed to be covering is fully exposed. The only thing the pants cover is the person's legs.

Seriously, someone needs to bring suspenders back.

This arguement could go on forever. People who sag are going to disagree with the law, people who find sagging offensive are going to agree.

quickdodgeŽ
08-24-2008, 05:52 AM

Yup. I couldn't have said it bett...well, I could have but you get the point, lolol. Later, QD.

Cool Cat Racing
08-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Maybe you should make sure you don't forget your belt if you are that worried about it.

And I would like to know exactly what people are trying to express by wearing their pants down below their ass??? I guess people have run out of ideas to express themselves in ways that don't make them look like a homeless person who can't afford clothes in the correct size.

Wear pants that fit and you will never have to worry about this law. Wear pants that show your ass, and you will be fined. Indecent exposure is illegal. Exposing too much of your underwear is considered indecent exposure. Get over it. People who sag like that might as well not even wear pants. The part of their body that the pants are supposed to be covering is fully exposed. The only thing the pants cover is the person's legs.

Seriously, someone needs to bring suspenders back.

This arguement could go on forever. People who sag are going to disagree with the law, people who find sagging offensive are going to agree.I think people with sagging pants look ridiculous. It makes them look retarded and immature. I still hate the law on principle. What about the next law where they tell you that you can't change the wheels on your car or change the exhaust at all, that you must leave it completely stock. Its offensive to the people around you and since they don't like it you can't do it, regardless of whether you feel it is your personal right and freedom of expression. Its the exact same thing, just put in your house not someone else's. Its very easy to sit here and say the law is a good thing when it doesn't apply to you and you agree with what its trying to do. The simple fact is when we as a people allow the government to step on our individual freedoms it becomes precedence and can be used to support other things. If this type of governmental interference is allowed then next they could just as easily say you can't wear a hat in public, or wear certain colors, or certain hair styles. Its all down the same road as this type of law is. That's why I can assure you that it will not be upheld and the city will be forced to repeal it. Unfortunately the only legal way for that to happen is for someone to carry a citation to the state supreme court and it be heard there, until then people will be getting cited for unconstitutional laws. Its really no different than the fifties and people saying black people aren't allowed in certain places, they're not breaking any real laws and should be allowed to wear what they want. Since I'm apparently the only person who will look up what public indecency is to the state here it is. Nowhere does it state that showing your underwear is indecent. By the law you can walk around in your underwear and you're fine. Look at a speedo at the pool or a bikini, both are generally smaller than most underwear and its perfectly acceptable.
16-6-8. (Index)

1-12 (a) A person commits the offense of public indecency when
1-13 he or she performs any of the following acts in a public
1-14 place:

1-15 (1) An act of sexual intercourse;

1-16 (2) A lewd exposure of the sexual organs;

1-17 (3) A lewd appearance in a state of partial or complete
1-18 nudity; or

1-19 (4) A lewd caress or indecent fondling of the body of
1-20 another person.

1-21 (b) A person convicted of the offense of public indecency
1-22 as provided in subsection (a) of this Code section shall
1-23 be punished as for a misdemeanor except as provided in
1-24 subsection (c) of this Code section.

1-25 (c) Upon a third or subsequent conviction for public
1-26 indecency for the violation of paragraph (2), (3), or (4)
1-27 of subsection (a) of this Code section, a person shall be
1-28 guilty of a felony and shall be punished by imprisonment
1-29 for not less than one nor more than five years.

All you people who think its the governments place to run other people's lives, to make yours better, will all be the first to cry when the next step is to take away some of your rights because it offends some other group. Don't cry when your wishes now turn on you and you're forced to stop doing something that is clearly legal and allowable, just because someone else bitched enough. This is a dress code and is something individual businesses or the mall has to do, its not up to the government to waste its resources to force people into a standard. That's the beauty of this country, all of us have the right to be ourselves as long as its not physically or emotionally hurting someone else. People with pants hanging down like a homeless retard have just as much of a right to look like an idiot as the wannabe frat boys with popped collars, or the hippies wearing tie dye shirts and cut up khaki's. It's all their choice to look like whatever type of idiot they choose and its not our place to tell them they can't because then we have to accept them telling us we can't wear what we want.

BobbyFresco
08-24-2008, 11:07 AM
and now it can truly be said....

/ thread.

BB6dohcvtec
08-24-2008, 12:36 PM

you gotta a problem with Macon. yea parts of macon is run down but other parts are ok aka Bass Rd.

Thighs
08-24-2008, 01:35 PM
you gotta a problem with Macon. yea parts of macon is run down but other parts are ok aka Bass Rd.

macon is busted as hell for the most part. get over it.

Catnip
08-24-2008, 01:47 PM
macon is busted as hell for the most part. get over it.

lirl +1. warner robins > macon
and don't even say that's false because we have nothing to do. lol

Thighs
08-24-2008, 01:49 PM
lirl +1. warner robins > macon
and don't even say that's false because we have nothing to do. lol

shouldnt you be pants shopping? :taun: haha DONT GET A TICKETTT!!!

JITB
08-24-2008, 01:57 PM
lol warner robbins...they need to be concentrating on what they ae gonna do, when the base closes...lol stupid people and thei priorities!

FlipKing
08-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Ummm Evan doesnt sag his pants...so your comment makes you look dumb.lol, Just FYI

BB6dohcvtec
08-24-2008, 05:04 PM
lol warner robbins...they need to be concentrating on what they ae gonna do, when the base closes...lol stupid people and thei priorities!

+1 on that one because its coming sooner than later. Lets see for I say 60% of macon is fairly decent (northwest macon and sub-south macon ftw). I live off bass rd. and that road itself trumps warner robins sorry. The Galleria is a joke, have y'all been to the shoppes at river crossing yet? If you haven't might want to check it out. Hell if the base closes warner robins will once again become a ghost town, because that the only history warner robins had before the base got there. Only thing warner robins is good outside the base for is producing college football players. Oh yea and theirs not **** to do in warner robins lol

Oh yea if Macon only had three Major roads we can make all of macon look clean as well. Its not hard when Warner Robins isn't but so big and congested.

Catnip
08-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Ummm Evan doesnt sag his pants...so your comment makes you look dumb.lol, Just FYI

That's why I get in my roflcopter and suck on my LOLlipop when I come to this thread.

jew_boy
08-24-2008, 06:21 PM
+1 on that one because its coming sooner than later. Lets see for I say 60% of macon is fairly decent (northwest macon and sub-south macon ftw). I live off bass rd. and that road itself trumps warner robins sorry. The Galleria is a joke, have y'all been to the shoppes at river crossing yet? If you haven't might want to check it out. Hell if the base closes warner robins will once again become a ghost town, because that the only history warner robins had before the base got there. Only thing warner robins is good outside the base for is producing college football players. Oh yea and theirs not **** to do in warner robins lol

Oh yea if Macon only had three Major roads we can make all of macon look clean as well. Its not hard when Warner Robins isn't but so big and congested.

my personal opinion is it will be a good 15+ years before they are really going to try to close it they are actually beginning to build a little section for the marine on it and if there doing that than that would be pointless to close it soon

BB6dohcvtec
08-24-2008, 06:44 PM
they've already tried extremely hard to close it down once, it reason it survived was because of some politician can't remember his name right now but thats it. It doesn't mater what they are building new one day gone tomorrow.