PDA

View Full Version : GOD DAMNIT F**KIN SH*T someone help me out!

blacknightteg
08-30-2005, 08:47 AM
alright , i need some help, someone please help me! i think my somethings fucked up with my suspension, specifically on the drivers side front, its not an every time thing when i go over a bump in the road or anything but when i go over the really big ones, at like the normal rate of speed on the road, it makes a really weird *clunk* sound and it sounds like its comming from that specific shock? is it blown? my friend justin ha the same problem but i dont know if he fixed it or not, someone please help!

blacknightteg
08-30-2005, 09:57 AM
someone please help me out!!!

YokotaS13
08-30-2005, 10:39 AM
how low are you?

djmaddmartin
08-30-2005, 11:30 AM
If your too low or running on stock shocks and coilover sleeves. Your shocks are bottoming out. This is usualy the result of several months of bottoming out which destroy the shock to the point it looses the ability to absorb bumps. Will get worse until you hit big bump one day and your frame starts to split where the shock is mounted. I'd know, it happened to me.

blacknightteg
08-30-2005, 01:17 PM
no im not that low im not even tucking....and im on aftermarket shocks and springs only installed these thigns back in i think may

speedminded
08-30-2005, 06:58 PM
have you tried checking the two nuts on top of the strut tower under the hood? They have to be TIGHT...like tighter than a 5'0 virgin asian girl. :tongue:

turbo_spool
08-30-2005, 07:03 PM
have you tried checking the two nuts on top of the strut tower under the hood? They have to be TIGHT...like tighter than a 5'0 virgin asian girl. :tongue:

nice one, thats pretty damn tight.... :idb:

The Ren
08-30-2005, 07:26 PM
Davison why dont you have JM or someone look at it?

Marta Mike
08-30-2005, 10:02 PM
I got the same problem man on my 90 vw fox. My suspension is soft so i could compress it with my knee and notice the shock is loose. Ill tighten it when i put my springs in on labor day!!! WHOO WHOO