PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Question about GT35R turbo -

jfman
08-23-2008, 02:47 AM
Do all GT35R turbo's have the same mounting flanges - inlet and outlet?

Say I am replacing the GT35R on a car, Do I just look for a GT35R turbo or is there different models out there.

I know some have different size compressor and exhaust housings but are the all integangeable?

RandomGuy
08-23-2008, 04:25 AM
no, some turbines are T3, some are T4,

some are V-band, some are like 4 bolt flanged for the downpipe..

they are all interchangeable

easiest way to swap it (i'm assuming the one that's on there is bad) is to remove the 6 bolts connecting the center housing to the turbine housing.... the turbo should plop right out, replace it with the good center section/ compressor , then rehook the oil lines

jfman
08-23-2008, 05:16 AM
Ok thanks for the info. So which ones do you recomend to pick to build a kit? Which variation would be a good choice? Also which car/truck did these come in from the factory?

ct9a gsr
08-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Ok thanks for the info. So which ones do you recomend to pick to build a kit? Which variation would be a good choice? Also which car/truck did these come in from the factory?

You *really* should go learn some basic knowledge about turbos first instead of just throwing around a household turbo name... because based on your post, it seems like you know little to none.

RandomGuy
08-23-2008, 02:13 PM
the gt35R came on the jdm daihatsu charade 3.8L TT awd, only some versions had it, the other ones had the non dual ball bearing version. The best variation would be the type R, See theres the GT35-R which is the one with 3 ball bearings

jfman
08-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Thank you randon guy.

RandomGuy
08-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Thank you randon guy.
no problem lawl

ranger250x
08-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Do all GT35R turbo's have the same mounting flanges - inlet and outlet?

Say I am replacing the GT35R on a car, Do I just look for a GT35R turbo or is there different models out there.

I know some have different size compressor and exhaust housings but are the all integangeable?
what engine is the turbo going on? your profile pic says 70LSX, as in a 1970 car with an lsx block in it???

ct9a gsr
08-24-2008, 12:23 AM
Thank you randon guy.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOL

SPOOLIN
08-24-2008, 10:38 AM
im sure the gt35r sold now for aftermarket use is not the same chassis as the ones that were oem on the daihatsu.

this guy really needs to note displacement, setup, engine, and power goal before asking what turbo he should go with.

ranger250x
08-24-2008, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=SPOOLINthis guy really needs to note displacement, setup, engine, and power goal before asking what turbo he should go with.[/QUOTE]
+1

jfman
08-24-2008, 03:03 PM
The motor is an ls1 motor. I'm not building a turbo kit anytime soon but I have seen some TT kits built for the ls1 using that turbo and I'm just doing a little reasearch. WHERE IN THE THREAD DID I SAY I WAS BUYING A GT35R ? Nothing wrong with gathyering info.

Random guy is the only on here who hasnt been an azzhole and actualy helped me get more info on that turbo.

ranger250x
08-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Oooh its domestic. check out this website. there is a section about ls1's, if you have a question about anything turbo chances are it is answered here www.theturboforums.com

Bruce Leroy
08-25-2008, 07:23 AM
The motor is an ls1 motor. I'm not building a turbo kit anytime soon but I have seen some TT kits built for the ls1 using that turbo and I'm just doing a little reasearch. WHERE IN THE THREAD DID I SAY I WAS BUYING A GT35R ? Nothing wrong with gathyering info.

Random guy is the only on here who hasnt been an azzhole and actualy helped me get more info on that turbo.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

you are a retard!!

ranger250x
08-25-2008, 01:15 PM
jfman, did you check out the website????