PDA

View Full Version : Dipping into oil reserves...???

4dmin
08-30-2005, 07:43 AM
For all of thos Bush fans who says he has no control over our gas prices, ya think again, Bush is already entertaining the idea of dipping into reserves to help out the US gas situation.

What do you think of that?

blacknightteg
08-30-2005, 07:48 AM
fuck bush bush is gay

HyPer50
08-30-2005, 09:49 AM
Well.. I guess if it'll keep people from bitching so much, it isn't that bad of idea... I really think the reserves should be saved for emergency.. i mean there isn't really a shortage of oil... they COULD lower prices if they wanted to.. but it's supply and demand, we are already paying 2.50+ so why do they want to lower it if we are obviously still buying it at that price?

civic95
08-30-2005, 11:06 AM
I think we should start drilling off the coasts, and say Fuck you to all the condo owners that don't want to see oil rigs on the horizon. There are plenty of spots we could be drilling but these owners keep taking it to court because they don't want to their view of the ocean disrupted.

Dipping into the reserves can only help short term. Decreasing demand, or increasing production is the only solution to keep the price lower.

If this war was for Oil like all the Bush haters are saying, what the hell happened?

4dmin
08-30-2005, 12:29 PM
I think we should start drilling off the coasts, and say Fuck you to all the condo owners that don't want to see oil rigs on the horizon. There are plenty of spots we could be drilling but these owners keep taking it to court because they don't want to their view of the ocean disrupted.

Dipping into the reserves can only help short term. Decreasing demand, or increasing production is the only solution to keep the price lower.

If this war was for Oil like all the Bush haters are saying, what the hell happened?

Well you can answer the Oil question many ways...

1) the US/UK own the top 4 oil companies in the world, so if there is a disruption in the east as far as production, like there has been w/ the war, who has to profit? The other major companies. Whose pockets are being lined i'm sure many Gov't officials in DC, that includes the administration considering Bush is from Texas

2) we couldn't get oil from Iraq before anyway, now w/ the US involvment there we can do what we want.

3) we surely aren't there to liberate people, b/c if we wanted to do that we could of started w/ Cuba and worked our way over to the middle east. there is definately other things at work behind this, and oil just so happens to be the only resource they have.

back on topic... we need to build more refinerys, but you don't see that happening b/c they are making too much $$$

HyPer50
08-30-2005, 12:33 PM
3) we surely aren't there to liberate people, b/c if we wanted to do that we could of started w/ Cuba and worked our way over to the middle east. there is definately other things at work behind this, and oil just so happens to be the only resource they have.

back on topic... we need to build more refinerys, but you don't see that happening b/c they are making too much $$$

Sorry... not gonna hijack I just dont know why folks make a big fuss about us going after Iraq... Sure there are other countries that pose a threat, and need some manipulation... But Iraq WAS one of those countries... they just have the added benefit of oil... It's not like we just robbed some innocent country of there natural resource.

4dmin
08-30-2005, 12:41 PM
Sorry... not gonna hijack I just dont know why folks make a big fuss about us going after Iraq... Sure there are other countries that pose a threat, and need some manipulation... But Iraq WAS one of those countries... they just have the added benefit of oil... It's not like we just robbed some innocent country of there natural resource.

dude if it was me i would dropped one bombed and turned the rest of Iraq into dust then 10-20 years later go back for the oil when the land is habitable :goodjob:

my thing w/ this whole situation is we were first out FIGHTING TERROR then they tried to pull the wool over on us w/ now we are LIBERATING PEOPLE... hello if we wanted to liberate people would could of started here. Lets be realistic, he is there doing cleanup work that daddy/clinton didn't finish, but there is defiantely more to this then LIBERATING PEOPLE.

HyPer50
08-30-2005, 12:58 PM
dude if it was me i would dropped one bombed and turned the rest of Iraq into dust then 10-20 years later go back for the oil when the land is habitable :goodjob:

my thing w/ this whole situation is we were first out FIGHTING TERROR then they tried to pull the wool over on us w/ now we are LIBERATING PEOPLE... hello if we wanted to liberate people would could of started here. Lets be realistic, he is there doing cleanup work that daddy/clinton didn't finish, but there is defiantely more to this then LIBERATING PEOPLE.

I agree there.. I mean we are definatly there for other reasons besides liberating iraqi's... but i mean to be honest, i really dont care about liberating iraq... The bad thing about the US is we are kind of like the big brother in the world... we have to have a Politically correct reason for everything.. so i think thats why they say the main objective was to liberate them... Getting rid of saddam and getting the oil were just extra benefits lol..

1439/2000
08-30-2005, 01:02 PM
fuck bush bush is gay

God were you old enough to vote?

If we used 10% of our reserves for 2 months it would force OPEC to start cutting costs. We could, in theory, get by with those figures safely and still leave the 90% for a crisis. Basically, production hasn't slowed but the demand has damn near doubled.

civic95
08-31-2005, 06:26 AM
God were you old enough to vote?

If we used 10% of our reserves for 2 months it would force OPEC to start cutting costs. We could, in theory, get by with those figures safely and still leave the 90% for a crisis. Basically, production hasn't slowed but the demand has damn near doubled.

Only problem with that is when we stop using the reserves the price will shoot back up because the demand will be the same or higher. The only thing we can do is drive less. We are not only talking about gas here folks. The cost to deliver anything to anywhere just went up, and stores will up the price of their goods to cover the extra cost of delivery. The people that live paycheck to paycheck and barely getting by are going to get hit hard. They will start racking up debt, and then they will start losing things (cars, houses, jobs, apartments). Once they can't afford food what do you think they are going to do? Steal to survive. Then the cost of insurance goes up for everyone. It's a vicous cycle. Christmas spending will be down this year. People will start dumping stock of retailers. It's going to get worse.

4dmin
08-31-2005, 07:36 AM
Well boys it looks like the US is dipping into reserves considering 25% of domestic oil comes from the gulf region, they said it this morning on the news.

A.P. Photography
08-31-2005, 02:34 PM
Still not going to help with the majority of the refineries down, no gas is coming out.