PDA

View Full Version : Misc Verizon Voyager...

quickdodgeŽ
08-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Anyone on here have one and know how to get pictures off of it and onto the computer? Thanks. Later, QD.

TealEJ1
08-22-2008, 08:31 PM
It's a feature called PIX Place. You must have an online account with Verizon to access this. Now for the steps on the phone. 1) Go to your photo album 2) Select options 3) Select "Manage My Pics" 4) Select the pics you want and send them to PIX Place. You can send all your pics at one time this way without the hassle of sending them in groups to your email.

quickdodgeŽ
08-22-2008, 08:37 PM
I do have an online account. I'll try that now. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
08-22-2008, 08:52 PM
I don't see anywhere on the online account that has to do with Pix Place. Oh well. Thanks for trying. Later, QD.

TealEJ1
08-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Search for PIX Place with the sites search engine and it will come up. You may have to register for that as well but it takes you right to it.

quickdodgeŽ
08-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Yeah I found it, but it will only let me use it with my Mom's phone. I can't find where to change it to my phone, lolol. Later, QD.

TealEJ1
08-22-2008, 09:16 PM
that sucks, I tried, lol

quickdodgeŽ
08-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Yeah, thanks, though. Later, QD.

sararose
08-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Ugh, don't use Pix Place - it's horrible. It doesn't even give you the full resolution of your original pictures.

Verizon really likes to make it difficult to get pictures/ringtones/mp3's, etc., on and off of their phones, ESPECIALLY the LG models. They want you to pay for all of that. I still have Verizon, but now have a Blackberry, so thankfully I haven't had to deal with that unnecessary nuisance in a while now.

However, I've had many Verizon LG's in the past, and I'll tell you BitPim was the best thing to use for adding and removing of data on the LG phones.

http://www.bitpim.org

It's a free program that syncs your phone to your PC and allows you to upload and download ringtones, music, pictures, contact lists, etc. It's pretty easy to use, and I just checked, and it supports the Voyager. I highly suggest using that. :) Good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions about it. I can try to help ya' out.

sararose
08-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Oh, and an easier (but more expensive) route, would be to just MMS message them to your email addy. Works all the time, just put in your full email address instead of a phone number when you choose to send the picture as a message. However, if you don't have unlimited txts/picture messaging, then standard fees will apply. I think for Verizon, it's something like $0.20 per MMS message sent. :(

quickdodgeŽ
08-22-2008, 09:26 PM
I'll try that. As far as putting music from my PC onto my phone, I have no troubles. I have my phone and PC synced with the data cable and no troubles at all. I'll try this for the photos. Thanks. Later, QD.

sararose
08-22-2008, 09:28 PM
No problem.

So the Voyager does come with a USB cable? Does the phone come up as a drive or anything that perhaps you can just open and drag the pictures off of? Kind of like a USB flash drive/external hard drive/data CD? :dunno:

quickdodgeŽ
08-22-2008, 09:44 PM
It came with a MUSIC V CAST cd. Later, QD.

Nex
08-31-2008, 11:39 PM
not much info i know about the voyager except he has a nice mobile TV feature. wish i knew how to transfer photos for ya.

chrisdavis
09-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Just email the photos to yourself as a text message. I have a voyager and if you have a micro sd card in the phones slot you can connect the phone to the computer and turn on the mass usb feature and just drag and drop to and from your "my pics" folder.

Settings And Tools

2. Tools

9. USB Mass Storage

Also go here for some good info

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=397

and

www.verizonvoyager.org