PDA

View Full Version : start my truck w/o keys

crx&pdp<3
08-21-2008, 05:08 PM
I lost my keys in Myrtle Beach (I think). Is there any way I can start my 1985 Chevy Blazer without them? I really don't want to hotwire because I'll eventually get enough money to get my ignition switch replaced and get new keys... just need to get to work and back.

Thanks in advance

Schugg
08-22-2008, 11:56 PM
most people are just going to think your trying to steal someones car and not answer/talk sh1t. but i dont really know of any other way than keys and hotwire. does it have a steering wheel lock? dont know if anything had that back then. if so youll have to get past that too.

mrt0mjones
08-23-2008, 12:12 AM
give the dealer your vin, they should be able to cut you a key right there with proof of ownership?

David88vert
08-23-2008, 07:46 AM
Hire a locksmith to make you a key. Call around to a few. Some are cheaper than others.

JDMJAYDC2
08-23-2008, 08:11 AM
x2^^^ ive done that before

sakasaku
08-23-2008, 09:32 AM
back when i bought a 91 cavalier for 40bux with no key:( my dad used to work at tom jumpers chevrolet and he know a guythat still works there that got it cut for me!

redrumracer
08-24-2008, 03:46 AM
how about just change out the ignition cylinder thingy, its not expensive at all for your car, i wanna say around 10 to 15 bucks, then all you need to do is rent the steering wheel puller and pull that sucker off and change it. Of course though it does sound a lil easier than it is, but if you can read and follow directions then you can do it. oh and also get a pair of snap ring pliers.

Catnip
08-24-2008, 03:59 AM
hammer, flat blade, and channel lock pliers.

jam the flat blade in, few taps with hammer if needed, and then just turn the flat blade with the pliers.

**disclaimer, if this bish steals a car via my method, I'm in no way accountable etc for it, simply giving advice on how to crank HIS truck**

lol

joshk5145
08-26-2008, 11:06 PM
lol i bought a 82' cougar xr-7 from my uncle years ago and they had lost the keys so my cousin and i thought it would be no big deal...(we were 15) couldn't get it out at first and then took a drill bit though the key entrance lol snatched it out and started it with a screw driver......so that works too i guess! :) i kno ima get mad reps for this method lol j/k

Double_0_Rusty
08-26-2008, 11:33 PM
I doubt with your vehicle being this old, you can just go to the dealership with the vin and proof of ownership. It's outdated, and many places don't stock those. I know where I work (Phil Cook Chevrolet) we don't have any. My suggestion would be either, replacing the ignition lock cylinder, or getting a lock smith to match it up. Then, if all else fails, bust the switch. Good luck.

dabuilding
08-27-2008, 11:23 AM
god im gonna sound like a theif but if u pull the ignition out with force like break it out there is a little slide down inside of it and if u push it down itll start same thing happened to my friends blazer

blackboi50
08-27-2008, 11:26 AM
hammer, flat blade, and channel lock pliers.

jam the flat blade in, few taps with hammer if needed, and then just turn the flat blade with the pliers.

**disclaimer, if this bish steals a car via my method, I'm in no way accountable etc for it, simply giving advice on how to crank HIS truck**

lol

:lmfao:......ahhahaha.....i laughed madd hard!!!!......1