PDA

View Full Version : bought a car from dealer, still have not receive title?

fininfarina
08-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Friend of mine bought a car almost a month ago

and the dealer said should be received the title soon but never got it

She got pulled over last night

No answer for call, no way can talk to him

Anyone knows How to get a tag by herself? like proof of ownership, paper works with dealer?

Motivation
08-21-2008, 02:21 PM
You have to make sure all the paperwork from dealer, make sure the title is clean and clear. You will have to go to a title bond place. Have an officer come out and check the VIN and make sure it is clean and not a stolen car. He will sign off some papers for it. You take them to the title bond and they will send you a new title. If the title is in someone else's name you must have documents proving that you tried to contact the person that has the name on title and who sold it to you. It is going to be a headache. I went through the exact same thing (as I said in the last thread you wrote about this) I JUST got it all straightened out. I bought the car in Feb. of 07... The title will finally be here next week. Let me know if ya have anymore questions about it. I got pulled over in mine and they told me they could tow the car and take me to jail for driving without registration. So I had to sit it in the driveway ever sense...

Motivation
08-21-2008, 02:23 PM
when you learn to type in english... some one here will take the time to help you!!!!!!!!!

lol. well I figured I would help anyways... I know what it feels like and it sucks... Just like wiping your ass with thousands of dollars and flushing them down the toilet. :(

silversol
08-21-2008, 03:51 PM
it takes time for the title to come! there is no need to title bond the car. just wait it out. or call the dealer you got the car from.

Motivation
08-21-2008, 03:59 PM
it takes time for the title to come! there is no need to title bond the car. just wait it out. or call the dealer you got the car from.

He said he can't get a hold of the people that his friend bought it from.

fininfarina
08-22-2008, 01:10 AM
Thanks for help

I will get to it tomorrow

rep for you Motivation

ronin
08-22-2008, 02:11 AM
try to wait it out to see if it comes in the mail or whatever... i know it sucks, can't drive the car..give it a couple more weeks, then go the title bond route...
gl