PDA

View Full Version : As seen on TV?

Vayda
08-21-2008, 08:37 AM
I love watching infomercials. Seriously! I hunt them down on saturday mornings like a kid going for cartoons. I generally resist whoring myself out and actually buying the stuff, but there are two i've been tempted by.

1. The Buxton bag....does anyone have one of these? Seriously, is it as good as it looks? I WISH they had those in a store so i could go see if it was worth the 20 bucks.

2. Bare Minerals makeup. When you take into account all they give you it's actually pretty cheap. But then you're stuck buying it forever unless you cancel...Yeah, that's a great idea, right?

Anyone else ever been tempted by infomercials? (poll is coming...)

Maniacc
08-21-2008, 08:44 AM
I have. Sword infomercials get me all the time. When I was younger I would always ask my parents to buy me one because they looked 'cool.' Now I just want one so I can say I own a sword. Yet I never end up buying one, they're just too damn expensive.

BKgen®
08-21-2008, 08:45 AM
lol. is this thread for real?

Ran
08-21-2008, 08:49 AM
My aunt bought a set of those compressing, air-sealing, closet bags and swears by them. That's the only thing that I know she's bought off the TV. Don't they actually have a "As Seen On TV" store in most malls?

JennB
08-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Bare Minerals (Bare Escentuals) is an actual store. There are about four of them here in Atlanta. Pretty easy to just go there and check it out.

I've never bought anything from an infomercial. Not happening.

Vayda
08-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Ran: there's not one at town center, i went looking for the stupid purse.